Bruins Prospects VI - Stay on Subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bruins send 2015 first-round pick Zach Senyshyn to AHL - The Boston Globe

A key element for many young players to grasp, including the likes of Senyshyn: maintaining speed when in control of the puck. It’s important to attack at speed, a point that Cassidy drums into his young charges.

“He’s a good kid, a smart kid, in terms of what he needs to do better,” noted Cassidy. “He gets it. Now it’s just a matter of finding that internal motor to get yourself out of the American League — and that’s a challenge for a lot of young guys.”

Cassidy was coaching in Providence to witness first hand the early days of Brad Marchand and Vladimir Sobotka. Each of them had to refine their games, recalled Cassidy, but they arrived with motors revved and legs motoring.

“I would say he was ahead of the curve on that,” said Cassidy, referring to Marchand, who spent 113 games over two seasons in Providence before making it to the varsity. “Sobotka, too. For them it was just a matter of honing their pucks skills. Marchy’s hands were out of control a little bit when he first started — his shot wasn’t nearly as accurate as it is now. He was wide a lot.

Cameron Hughes, Emil Johansson and Joona Koppanen also were assigned to the WannaB’s. Tanner Pond also will report to Providence. Defenseman Axel Andersson, the 57th pick in this past June’s draft, was returned to Djurgarden in the Swedish Elite League.
Marchand & Sobotka the most dominant line I ever saw in 25 years of AHL hockey - there just weren’t Defenseman that could handle their quickness. Of course they were a bit over the line at times.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Marchand & Sobotka the most dominant line I ever saw in 25 years of AHL hockey - there just weren’t Defenseman that could handle their quickness. Of course they were a bit over the line at times.
Who was the right winger on that line and had to keep up with those 2?!

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Brad Marchand on Jack Studnicka: “He’s going to play for this team eventually and he’s going to be a really good player. He sees the ice very well and is very talented. He’s not scared to go to any area of the ice and he’s very fast.”

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
After live viewing Studnicka, Frederic, Andersson, Vaakanainen, Lauko the past couple of weeks - all recent draft picks I’d like to know what the heck they are drinking over there. A lot of off the path picks but everyone was impressive as heck

Whoever is doing the dirty work and long hours watching the draft eligibles looks like they are killing it

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I look at prospects as two sets now

Group 2016-2018
Vaakanainen
Studnicka
Frederic
Andersson
Lauko

Group B (2015 >)
Zboril
Senyshyn
Cehlarik
Lauzon
JFK
Fitzgerald
Vladder
Etc

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I look at prospects as two sets now

Group 2016-2018
Vaakanainen
Studnicka
Frederic
Andersson
Lauko

Group B (2015 >)
Zboril
Senyshyn
Cehlarik
Lauzon
JFK
Fitzgerald
Vladder
Etc
Just curious Dan, do you list Vladar on the bottom because he's the "least impressive" or ?

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
No his name popped into my head last

All players listed are just randomly entered in the group
Yeah, the way Vladar waits patiently and draws pucks into himself is IMO reminiscent of Ken Dryden. Very patient, very poised, very controlled responses.

Reactions: DKH

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah, the way Vladar waits patiently and draws pucks into himself is IMO reminiscent of Ken Dryden. Very patient, very poised, very controlled responses.
He’s getting people’s attention

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
He’s getting people’s attention

All the hand-wringing that's gone on about the Bruins having weak goalie depth and no successor to Tuuka after Subban left and Zane stumbled now seems premature. Hindsight is always better, but I wonder if the Bruins knew all along what they had in Vladar and were less worried about Malcolm and Zane. Of course anointing Vladar as an NHLer is also premature, but it is nice to see that he could be the real deal.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
All the hand-wringing that's gone on about the Bruins having weak goalie depth and no successor to Tuuka after Subban left and Zane stumbled now seems premature. Hindsight is always better, but I wonder if the Bruins knew all along what they had in Vladar and were less worried about Malcolm and Zane. Of course anointing Vladar as an NHLer is also premature, but it is nice to see that he could be the real deal.
I don’t know a lot about him other than the visual his size and what I’ve learned and seen at camps and Providence- he’s charismatic and the kids and fans love him and he’s reciprocating.

It would be huge if he ends up a home run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad