Bruins Prospects VI - Stay on Subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
I suppose the Bruins might think Lauko is close to NHL ready and send him to the AHL this year. He could center a line with Senyshyn or play the opposite wing with a more established center. I've never seen him play in the OHL so I don't know if Senyshyn's ever played with someone as fast as he is. There can't be that many guys around the 13.5/13.6 range.

Pastrnak is fast but not elite. He's got the quick first step and is very elusive. I'm pretty sure Marchand has faster straight line speed than Pasta. On the NHL roster, Kuraly and probably Bjork are the only guys faster than Marchand.

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
The European U20 tournament in Örnsköldsvik, Sweden also features Czech Republic with defenseman Daniel Bukac, Russia with center Pavel Shen and Finland with no Bruins prospects.
Nice to see both Axel Andersson and Victor Berglund on the Swedish team. I haven't been able to find out nothing about Jakub Lauko I think he is preparing his sophomore season at Pirate Choumutov. We know coach Vladimir Ruzicka are awaiting the Bruins decision on Lauko after the Bruins training camp in September. But what I have seen Lauko has only played in one of a handful exhibition games thus far and the Extra League face off September 15. Jakub Lauko is a very interesting player and Bruins prospects. He could be very very good or just another player with exploding speed who just skates around (anyone remember Vladislav Evseev:)) We'll have to wait and see....

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
The European U20 tournament in Örnsköldsvik, Sweden also features Czech Republic with defenseman Daniel Bukac, Russia with center Pavel Shen and Finland with no Bruins prospects.
Nice to see both Axel Andersson and Victor Berglund on the Swedish team. I haven't been able to find out nothing about Jakub Lauko I think he is preparing his sophomore season at Pirate Choumutov. We know coach Vladimir Ruzicka are awaiting the Bruins decision on Lauko after the Bruins training camp in September. But what I have seen Lauko has only played in one of a handful exhibition games thus far and the Extra League face off September 15. Jakub Lauko is a very interesting player and Bruins prospects. He could be very very good or just another player with exploding speed who just skates around (anyone remember Vladislav Evseev:)) We'll have to wait and see....
Jakub Lauko was nominated to the tournament, however he got an invite to the senior national team instead. (No games, just a summer camp aimed primarily to test young players, Lauko is the youngest one attending)

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
Jakub Lauko was nominated to the tournament, however he got an invite to the senior national team instead. (No games, just a summer camp aimed primarily to test young players, Lauko is the youngest one attending)

Drift

Jan 9, 2012
Fantrax writeup:

"A versatile forward that has shown an ability to play a variety of roles, Lauko brings elite speed and dogged determination to the table, but little else. Playing virtually the entirety of this past season as a 17-year-old for Chomutov in his native Czech Republic, Lauka received minimal playing time on a veteran-laden club. Lauko will have a chance to develop into an asset for Boston because of how well he moves, but he has a basic and limited offensive arsenal. A player with Lauko's speed should be able to accomplish more than he has shown. The Bruins will allow him to marinate in Europe for several more years."

Ouch lol

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Fantrax writeup:

"A versatile forward that has shown an ability to play a variety of roles, Lauko brings elite speed and dogged determination to the table, but little else. Playing virtually the entirety of this past season as a 17-year-old for Chomutov in his native Czech Republic, Lauka received minimal playing time on a veteran-laden club. Lauko will have a chance to develop into an asset for Boston because of how well he moves, but he has a basic and limited offensive arsenal. A player with Lauko's speed should be able to accomplish more than he has shown. The Bruins will allow him to marinate in Europe for several more years."

Ouch lol

Fantrax lol

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
From today's SWE-RUS U20 game:
-Victor Berglund scored a goal and was given a shootout attempt (he missed).
-Pavel Shen had a pretty primary assist from behind the net.
-Axel Andersson was called for a holding penalty.

Reactions: 00BW

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Fantrax writeup:

Ouch lol
I went to the website to see where they are from, says it all for me. Expecting more out a 17 year old playing men lol, agenda much Toronto media

Fantrax™ (Head Office)
5700 Yonge Street
Suite 200
Toronto, ON M2M 4K2

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
Fantrax writeup:

Ouch lol
I have no idea what or who Fantrax is, however I would tend to partially agree with that report. I don't think Lauko has the skills to be top 6 material. I see him as a potential bottom 6 speedster, which would be great value for a 3rd round pick.

Reactions: Goodman68

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I have no idea what or who Fantrax is, however I would tend to partially agree with that report. I don't think Lauko has the skills to be top 6 material. I see him as a potential bottom 6 speedster, which would be great value for a 3rd round pick.

Boston actually had a 1st round grade on Lauko and they were surprised he was still there in the 3rd round.

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
Boston actually had a 1st round grade on Lauko and they were surprised he was still there in the 3rd round.
I know they said that, but teams say that all the time to pump up their picks a bit, perhaps motivate the picked players. Unless someone here has an access to the Bruins draft list, there is no way to really verify it. And even if he indeed was ranked as a 1st rounder by Boston, it doesn't change my opinion on him. I have seen him multiple times to get an idea of his play.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I know they said that, but teams say that all the time to pump up their picks a bit, perhaps motivate the picked players. Unless someone here has an access to the Bruins draft list, there is no way to really verify it. And even if he indeed was ranked as a 1st rounder by Boston, it doesn't change my opinion on him. I have seen him multiple times to get an idea of his play.

From all of Lauko's interviews it doesn't sound like he needs any help being motivated, in fact I believe he said he was going to prove that he was the steal of the draft lol. Its not like Lauko was some controversial pick, so I don't see why they'd lie about what round grade they had on him. Boston under Sweeney has seemed to have significantly different values than what the "experts" have, which is evident by their draft picks.

Reactions: Wooren

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
From all of Lauko's interviews it doesn't sound like he needs any help being motivated, in fact I believe he said he was going to prove that he was the steal of the draft lol. Its not like Lauko was some controversial pick, so I don't see why they'd lie about what round grade they had on him. Boston under Sweeney has seemed to have significantly different values than what the "experts" have, which is evident by their draft picks.
Yeah, Lauko has pretty good attitude. My comment was meant to be more general though, NHL teams like to say how "surprised" they were that their player was still available. Which is why I take these comments from managment with grain of salt. I agree about the Boston scouting values, they have done very well the past few years.
For the record, I had Lauko as an early 2nd rounder with little chance to jump into the late 1st. I like him as prospect, good value pick by the Bruins - the Lauko hype got a bit high though and dismissing "negative" report on him just because he is Boston's prospect who was good at a Summer camp? Lauko has legitimate concerns regarding scoring. Season is starting soon, be it the AHL or Extraliga he will be expected to produce better than last year, so next season could clear this up a bit.

BTW, I am not some hater, I am a Boston fan who just happens to be Czech lol.

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
From today's SWE-RUS U20 game:
-Victor Berglund scored a goal and was given a shootout attempt (he missed).
-Pavel Shen had a pretty primary assist from behind the net.
-Axel Andersson was called for a holding penalty.

Bukac with a goal today.
Andersson had two penalties...that's 3 in 2 games.
Berglund had a penalty as well.
Nothing from Shen.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I said it before they are the typical Toronto media. Who expects a 17 year old to be a star against men, what a joke. Their take on him is pathetic, now if he was 23 and what they say then ok, he is a bust. Lets look at some Leaf picks and what they would do against men at that age. Players have to be perfect before they are 18, this is getting out of hand. Why even have farm systems, they should all just be plug and play or trash them, who needs to be taught and developed anymore, shut down the AHL.

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah, Lauko has pretty good attitude. My comment was meant to be more general though, NHL teams like to say how "surprised" they were that their player was still available. Which is why I take these comments from managment with grain of salt. I agree about the Boston scouting values, they have done very well the past few years.
For the record, I had Lauko as an early 2nd rounder with little chance to jump into the late 1st. I like him as prospect, good value pick by the Bruins - the Lauko hype got a bit high though and dismissing "negative" report on him just because he is Boston's prospect who was good at a Summer camp? Lauko has legitimate concerns regarding scoring. Season is starting soon, be it the AHL or Extraliga he will be expected to produce better than last year, so next season could clear this up a bit.

BTW, I am not some hater, I am a Boston fan who just happens to be Czech lol.
Red Line loved him which counts for something since they saw him in the Hlinka tourney and Don Sweeney said he had a first round grade

I met Sweeney in mid 80’s and he’s got 0.0 BS to him - if he said it I believe him based on track record of conversations

Personally I figured mid second round - I saw him 3 times in Camp and my takeaway he’s almost to fast to be creative or have much East West.

RL said he had it. My view is they had limited viewing probably that tourney and he was really good - which is what I read elsewhere

The Bruins fans have him around 8-10 in the prospect list which seems about right.

Third rounders have a 12% chance of playing 246 nhl games so the odds are not in his favor

He will be an intriguing player to watch my concern is clearly hockey decisions and skills

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad