Bruins Prospects VI - Stay on Subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Man, if he develops into a top scoring winger, I can't want to visit these boards and observe widespread eating of crow!

Also, it wouldn't just be a huge victory for Zach, but it would be an epic vilification for Sweeney and his staff, not just for the decision to draft him, but also for the work done on the player development side of things.
I’ll take a Paille type bottom 6 winger to start - later day Derek Smith

He played as a 20 year old in the AHL learning a new style

I’m expecting a good nhl player but what do I know I picked them 3rd last year with 105 points- just to pessimistic

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Man, if he develops into a top scoring winger, I can't want to visit these boards and observe widespread eating of crow!

Also, it wouldn't just be a huge victory for Zach, but it would be an epic vilification for Sweeney and his staff, not just for the decision to draft him, but also for the work done on the player development side of things.

Would never happen, they'd just find a new target or something else to complain about.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
I’ll take a Paille type bottom 6 winger to start - later day Derek Smith

He played as a 20 year old in the AHL learning a new style

I’m expecting a good nhl player but what do I know I picked them 3rd last year with 105 points- just to pessimistic

I edited my post - I meant to say top 6 scoring winger...not TOP scoring winger.

Bergyesque

Been there, done that.
Mar 11, 2014
Laval, QC, Canada
Man, if he develops into a top 6 scoring winger, I can't want to visit these boards and observe widespread eating of crow!

There seems to be no middle ground to people's reaction. You either vilify the pick or you defend it to death.
I for one was pretty disappointed when I heard Sweeney call his name at the 2015 draft. I felt the Bs already had a "mini" reach with DeBrusk, and I was fully expecting Connor or Barzal next.
At that time, before going off, I came here, and elsewhere, and read what people and experts had to say.
I realized, or made my mind, that the kid was a project and went along with the pick, having confidence in the Bs development capacities.
I'm still on board with Zach to this day and hope the best for him and the Bs. As long as there is progress, there is hope.
That being said, I still think they should have gone with one of Connor or Barzal. But what can you do? Sweeney and co. are well paid to take these decisions and they are certainly more qualified than me and a lot of posters around here.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Bruins announce Prospects Challenge roster

Should be exciting. Anyone have any information on how to attend this event?

Bruins prospects named to the prospect challenge roster:

Donato
Bjork
Zboril
Studnicka
Sensyhyn
Frederic
Axelsson
Lauko
Pare

And a few more invites for lesser guys looking for contracts.

Son of Donegal

Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Bruins announce Prospects Challenge roster

Should be exciting. Anyone have any information on how to attend this event?

Bruins prospects named to the prospect challenge roster:

Donato
Bjork
Zboril
Studnicka
Sensyhyn
Frederic
Axelsson
Lauko
Pare

And a few more invites for lesser guys looking for contracts.

It's in buffalo and you shouldn't have any issue just showing up and getting tickets, day of.

Also, it's great see PJ Axelsson is lacing up for this! :naughty:

Reactions: Alicat

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
It's in buffalo and you shouldn't have any issue just showing up and getting tickets, day of.

Also, it's great see PJ Axelsson is lacing up for this! :naughty:

Lmao Axel Andersson. Sorry, definitely had a brain fart and resorted back 15 years to axelsson

Son of Donegal

Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Wish the team had one more prospect at C that was considered high end. Lots of middle 6C in the top prospects list.

Without derailing the thread...in anticipation of the 2019 draft and knowing th Bruins are unafraid to go their own way with picks, C John Beecher is buried behind Jack Hughes and Alex Turcotte (two top 5 picks) on the depth chart and will likely not garner the type of attention he deserves. Beecher is apparently an excellent prospect with size, speed and an excellent stride. He should be available in the late first or 2nd...but could be a steal due to his lack of exposure.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Well they could make me happy and sign Ludwig, nice to see someone scrappy in rookie camp at least.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara

Correct me if I am wrong but that looked a hair under 14 seconds. Add to that, having played on European Ice that also looked like it was over there. Which means the surface is larger 200 by 100 versus NHL which is 200 by 85. Take away 15 feet and that takes away at least a second or more. Man we got a quick one here folks, gotta be around 13 seconds. For a comparison McDavid did 13.45 last year. Wish they let us know the time or at least test him when he comes here. Maybe a Senyshyn/Lauko race would be the end of ice time treat.

Last edited:

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Correct me if I am wrong but that looked a hair under 14 seconds. Add to that, having played on European Ice that also looked like it was over there. Which means the surface is larger 200 by 100 versus NHL which is 200 by 85. Take away 15 feet and that takes away at least a second or more. Man we got a quick one here folks, gotta be around 13 seconds. For a comparison McDavid did 13.45 last year. Wish they let us know the time or at least test him when he comes here. Maybe a Senyshyn/Lauko race would be the end of ice time treat.

Definitely under 14. I stopped it on the frame with his foot on the line, and the video was still showing 13

Kid is real fast

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Definitely under 14. I stopped it on the frame with his foot on the line, and the video was still showing 13

Kid is real fast
You are right but it is hard to see if he was on the line at the very start. I would have to download and put it in an editing program and go frame by frame. To me it looks like he cheats a step but he may be just that fast. Anyways I was also able to stop it at 13, minus the 15 feet which is a lot less then one step in the start . Thanks Dom !!

Last edited:
Reactions: wintersej
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->