Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects Discussion III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
God I hope not. Great AHL player but he was extremely exposed by Ottawa.

"Extremely exposed"? He played a total of 13 minutes against Ottawa and was +1 with an assist. If I remember correctly, he was on the ice for the GWG in OT but considering it was his first NHL game in approximately 18 months, I thought he played decently.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
"Extremely exposed"? He played a total of 13 minutes against Ottawa and was +1 with an assist. If I remember correctly, he was on the ice for the GWG in OT but considering it was his first NHL game in approximately 18 months, I thought he played decently.

I thought he was bad. That game winner is on him in my opinion

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

Perhaps slightly overstated... But definitely looked like a player who was around tenth on our depth chart.

Probably a good spot for him to remain. By all accounts however, he's great for Providence and I'm happy he's sticking around for them.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Perhaps slightly overstated... But definitely looked like a player who was around tenth on our depth chart.

Probably a good spot for him to remain. By all accounts however, he's great for Providence and I'm happy he's sticking around for them.

Seriously though, who would of thought that back in 2007, Tommy Cross would still be property of the Boston Bruins in 2017-18, but would of only played 4 NHL games in his entire career.

He's clearly done something right behind the scenes to make a positive impact on this organization for them to continue to bring him back year after year.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
Cross seems like a good teammate and C for Providence Bruins but the few NHL games he's been in show him to be too slow for the modern NHL. Those lacrosse knee injuries, I think, ended his chance for full time NHL.

That last playoff game, the Bruins needed a PKer so they chose Cross over Grzelcyk--the two guys called up before the game. I thought they should have tried McAvoy on PK and gone with Grzelcyk but it sounds like Monday Morning Quarterbacking. If I remember right, O'Gara was injured so the best option wasn't available.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Excluding UFA college Guys like Acciari, Czarnik, Vatrano; guys drafted 2013 and prior like McIntyre, Subban, Grzelcyk, Cehlarik, O'Gara; or traded for prospects like Kuraly and recent lost to expansion Colin Miller how would you list 2014-17 Drafts top 10 forwards and 5 defenseman

FORWARD

1. Pastrnak

2-10 in what order? JFK Gabrielle Heinen Senyshyn Bjork Studnicka Donato Frederic Hughes DeBrusk

DEFENSE

1. McAvoy
2. Carlo

3-5 in what order? Zboril Vaakanainen Lauzon Johansson Lindgren

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Excluding UFA college Guys like Acciari, Czarnik, Vatrano; guys drafted 2013 and prior like McIntyre, Subban, Grzelcyk, Cehlarik, O'Gara; or traded for prospects like Kuraly and recent lost to expansion Colin Miller how would you list 2014-17 Drafts top 10 forwards and 5 defenseman

FORWARD

1. Pastrnak

2-10 in what order? JFK Gabrielle Heinen Senyshyn Bjork Studnicka Donato Frederic Hughes DeBrusk

DEFENSE

1. McAvoy
2. Carlo

Any way you list them, Bruins are loaded.

All these ELC guys will be the reason the Bruins win another Cup or not with the Bergy-Krejci-Marchand-Chara-Krug-Rask core.

They'll either have to lived up the hype and contribute in key roles at ELC money or be traded for immeditae help.

let's see what happens.

Next 5y shapping out to be a great run like 09-14 was.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Any way you list them, Bruins are loaded.

All these ELC guys will be the reason the Bruins win another Cup or not with the Bergy-Krejci-Marchand-Chara-Krug-Rask core.

They'll either have to lived up the hype and contribute in key roles at ELC money or be traded for immeditae help.

let's see what happens.

Next 5y shapping out to be a great run like 09-14 was.

I agree

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006

FORWARD

1. Pastrnak

DEFENSE

1. McAvoy
2. Carlo

Here's my combined list:

1. Pastrnak
2. McAvoy
3. Carlo
4. DeBrusk
5. Frederic
6. Vaakanainen
7. Lauzon
8. Heinen
9. Bjork
10. Senyshyn
11. JFK
12. Lindgren
13. Zboril
14. Studnicka
15. Donato
16. Gabrielle
17. Vladar
18. Hughes
19. Swayman
20. Johanssen

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Here's my combined list:

1. Pastrnak
2. McAvoy
3. Carlo
4. DeBrusk
5. Frederic
6. Vaakanainen
7. Lauzon
8. Heinen
9. Bjork
10. Senyshyn
11. JFK
12. Lindgren
13. Zboril
14. Studnicka
15. Donato
16. Gabrielle
17. Vladar
18. Hughes
19. Swayman
20. Johanssen

you almost have to start backwards and read up and Donato at 15 catches my attention.

at 4 it could go so many directions

I have to think of this myself before I do mine but good job

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA

FORWARD

1. Pastrnak

DEFENSE

1. McAvoy
2. Carlo

Forward:
1) Pastrnak
2) Forsbacka-Karlsson
3) Frederic
4) Heinen
5) Bjork
6) Donato
7) DeBrusk
8) Strudnicka
9) Senyshyn
10) Koppanen

Defense:
1) McAvoy
2) Carlo
3) Zboril
4) Vaakanainen
5) Lindgren

Goalie:
1) Vladar
2) Swayman

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Charlie McAvoy believes Anders Bjork can make immediate jump to NHL

“Anders is a very competitive, hard working forward,†McAvoy told WEEI.com of Bjork, a player he’s familiar with from his days of Boston University vs. Notre Dame battles and then teammates on Team USA at the 2017 World Championships last month. “He’s got tremendous skill.â€

Currently in Boston for some offseason training with Forsbacka Karlsson, McAvoy doesn’t believe that jumps like the one both he and Forsbacka Karlsson made -- and the one Bjork wants to make -- is as staggering as it once was, especially in a league that’s become increasingly dominated by relentless speed, skill, and youth.

“I think more and more people are seeing that college hockey prepares you for the NHL,†McAvoy, who stepped in a top-pairing defenseman and contributed three assists and five shots in six postseason games, said of the once daunting leap. “I think Anders is no exception to that. He’s a guy who had tremendous success at the NCAA level.â€

http://www.weei.com/blogs/ty-anders...eves-anders-bjork-can-make-immediate-jump-nhl

twominute

Mar 16, 2008
Washington, dc
Charlie McAvoy believes Anders Bjork can make immediate jump to NHL

�Anders is a very competitive, hard working forward,� McAvoy told WEEI.com of Bjork, a player he�s familiar with from his days of Boston University vs. Notre Dame battles and then teammates on Team USA at the 2017 World Championships last month. �He�s got tremendous skill.�

Currently in Boston for some offseason training with Forsbacka Karlsson, McAvoy doesn�t believe that jumps like the one both he and Forsbacka Karlsson made -- and the one Bjork wants to make -- is as staggering as it once was, especially in a league that�s become increasingly dominated by relentless speed, skill, and youth.

�I think more and more people are seeing that college hockey prepares you for the NHL,� McAvoy, who stepped in a top-pairing defenseman and contributed three assists and five shots in six postseason games, said of the once daunting leap. �I think Anders is no exception to that. He�s a guy who had tremendous success at the NCAA level.�

http://www.weei.com/blogs/ty-anders...eves-anders-bjork-can-make-immediate-jump-nhl

I hope he's hitting the weights hard.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
so who do you guys have making it next year? Bjork, debrusk, anyone else? Are bjork and debrusk a shoe in to make the lineup?

ickie*

Jun 18, 2017
so who do you guys have making it next year? Bjork, debrusk, anyone else? Are bjork and debrusk a shoe in to make the lineup?

bjork, debrusk, heinen, forsbacka-karlsson, and cehlarik all have a reasonably good shot at making the team, likely 2 will to start the season.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006

No shoe-ins. Most likely to make opening night roster:

Heinen
DeBrusk
Agostino
Bjork

In that order. Followed by:

Cehlarik
JFK

Beantown1616

Jul 14, 2016
I don't think there are any favorites to land a spot. Young guys all need to push/fight/claw their way into the bigs.

I do think Cehlarik/DeBrusk/Heinen/Bjork/Agostino are the leading contenders. If Bjork really can play RW that would give him a leg up.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Heinen will get his last shot I guess....and I do not see him making it.
Debrusk ....I'm not that excited about.
Agostino...don't care
Bjork. ..I'm anticipating to see what this guy is all about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad