Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects Discussion III

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I've been interested in hockey since the 1950's (played in high school with Lou Lamoriello), but didn't follow the Bruins closely until 1983.

The current prospect group is the best I've seen overall.

me neither, I`ve seen some decent players listed, one was from 84-88 which is a nice list but man, this crop of prospects are happening right now in front of us pretty much arriving at the same time not including this year`s picks, it`s crazy Alan.

I know not all will hit but man o` man, what a nice position Sweeney is in right now

cobrak

Feb 27, 2002
Hockeyland
True there are some. .countless though who have had good careers
Not sure. Most are mediocre to average at best. In fact I can't think of one active nhler right now who
Spent a few years in the Ahl and is a
Great player or a true superstar.

Back to Danton..no harm in predicting right? .but I will predict
That after next season we will hardly hear about him as a Bruins player or future one

You do understand that the AHL is meant to be a development league right to adjust these guys to the pros? Look at the Detroit system most of them spend a couple of years in the NHL before they get a sniff of the NHL and the Bruins are starting to go that way so they have well prepared kids ready to step up not just be emergency fill ins.

Have you seen any of the PBruins regulars that you are writing off so quickly to see how they are developing?

A recent example to make Heinen slighlty less like a "bust" would be Krug. He played two games in Boston 11-12 right out of college, played 63 with Providence and one with Boston in 12-13 and them was a NHL regular.

Heinen and Debrusk had no pro experience at all at the start of the season. Seeing them in early Providence games verses the end of the season are night and day.

I understand some negativity:shakehead, but this is throwing out some legit growth a little early, geez.

cobrak

Feb 27, 2002
Hockeyland
I'm going to compare danton to a current bruin...spooner
I think spoon had more upside
And he's definitely been on the disappointing side.

The only similar thing I see with Spooner and Heinen is they both weigh the same and play as forwards.
Heinen plays defense readily, understands positioning, Isn't always looking to pass first and isn't afraid to play behind the net to get the puck, and likes to drive to the net. Other than that....yea just like Spooner.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
That to me is close to what his ceiling is. Id project a 12 goal- 30 point type player from him. And there is value in that too, but I think no matter what either of our definition of blue chip prospects is, that profile does not fit the description.
Agreed, hell if the kid cracks 80 career games he's exceeded expectations for a 4th round pick regardless of production. I wasn't overly impressed with what I saw of the kid in the NHL or PB games I watched, but it's his first pro year, hope it clicks this year for him.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
If he can average 50 pts as say a third liner. ..ill take it I'm sure most would[/QUOTE]

Only 94 forwards put up 50 or more points last year. If he somehow averages 50 pts per season in his career he should be DRASTICALLY exceeding anyone's expectations

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Agreed, hell if the kid cracks 80 career games he's exceeded expectations for a 4th round pick regardless of production. I wasn't overly impressed with what I saw of the kid in the NHL or PB games I watched, but it's his first pro year, hope it clicks this year for him.

I was pretty impressed with what I saw of him in PRO and in Boston he just needed to adjust to the speed of the game.

Based on his playoff numbers, I would say that it appears to have "clicked" for him already?

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
I was pretty impressed with what I saw of him in PRO and in Boston he just needed to adjust to the speed of the game.

Based on his playoff numbers, I would say that it appears to have "clicked" for him already?

Admittedly I was only able to catch a few of the PBs playoff games, and he seemed to produce in the ones I didn't watch, but what I did see he definitely didn't stand out. DeBrusk on the other hand made a strong impression. Obviously a limited sample but if I had to pick a horse it would be him. Hopefully both turn out to be studs

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Can't argue here. You provide good argument in saying that i am throwing the towel quickly. I guess this method has worked for me in the past.
Here is an example. When we drafted seguin i had seen him play a few games in the ohl but not much and the word was he was more of a playmaker. I did not search
But in his first season he had something like 11 goals but so many of his goals were such that it required a goal scorers ability and i felt that this guy would be a top goal scorer. He has the scorers touch that i find is easy to notice in a player. This is just one example. Again am i being premature or unfair in danton's regard?..maybe but true ive not seen him lots but from what i did he did not notice the makings of a good point getter. He just did not impress me like so many have even on their first short stint in the nhl.im surely not saying he is a bust and take it to the bank but i have my doubts he can meet the expectations.Again thats my opinion. If im wrong and sure hope i am.. as i said ill eat the crow.. if i am right i will not feed it at least not to most here because they have been real cool about it and not jerks like they were on the other forum.

This post was a reply to cobrak

Last edited:

cobrak

Feb 27, 2002
Hockeyland
Can't argue here. You provide good argument in saying that i am throwing the towel quickly. I guess this method has worked for me in the past.
Here is an example. When we drafted seguin i had seen him play a few games in the ohl but not much and the word was he was more of a playmaker. I did not search
But in his first season he had something like 11 goals but so many of his goals were such that it required a goal scorers ability and i felt that this guy would be a top goal scorer. He has the scorers touch that i find is easy to notice in a player. This is just one example. Again am i being premature or unfair in danton's regard?..maybe but true ive not seen him lots but from what i did he did not notice the makings of a good point getter. He just did not impress me like so many have even on their first short stint in the nhl.im surely not saying he is a bust and take it to the bank but i have my doubts he can meet the expectations.Again thats my opinion. If im wrong and sure hope i am.. as i said ill eat the crow.. if i am right i will not feed it at least not to most here because they have been real cool about it and not jerks like they were on the other forum.

This post was a reply to cobrak

You might be correct that Hienen will not translate into an NHL level player. I was sure Colin Miller would be a top 4 Dman by now based on his AHL work. I am not willing to give up on Debrusk or Hienen yet because of the growth of this past year. They have not gotten to their best yet s o I am hopeful that they will be NHL caliber soon.

Subban however....eww. I gave up on him a while ago, so maybe it is personal presence

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
You might be correct that Hienen will not translate into an NHL level player. I was sure Colin Miller would be a top 4 Dman by now based on his AHL work. I am not willing to give up on Debrusk or Hienen yet because of the growth of this past year. They have not gotten to their best yet s o I am hopeful that they will be NHL caliber soon.

Subban however....eww. I gave up on him a while ago, so maybe it is personal presence

Cobrak, believe me I was not fond of Subban since the day they drafted him. I had long heated arguments again on the other forum .
A guy that I can safely say most did not see anything in him and wanted flat out to get rid of and i liked from the start and saw potential was Kmiller.
I think this guy was our best dman in the playoffs and I do not think
He is finished improving yet.in fact I may have commended him here on these forums.
I too thought C miller had some interesting qualities..good skater good shot and I don't see him as soft. He might surprise us in Vegas.
I would have rathered lost mcquaid
I like mcq toughness as a fighter but
that's become an unimportant factor in today's NHL

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Just came to me another guy I felt from the start would be a good scoring second liner was carl soderberg... he is still an nhler
But did not become the player
I thought he would far from it..in those regards I'd say he's been
A flop

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Just came to me another guy I felt from the start would be a good scoring second liner was carl soderberg... he is still an nhler
But did not become the player
I thought he would far from it..in those regards I'd say he's been
A flop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->