Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects Discussion III

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Ryan Donato is going to be our second best left wing when he gets here IMO. His second year has been far better than Vesey...better than Bjork....he's going to be a stud.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I kinda hope they take a look at Vecchione from Union. Undrafted local kid. Really put up the numbers this year. Was at Bruins camp a few years ago and said it was a indescribable feeling for him.

Not sure if we have enough contracts to sign him, but boy would he be a pickup. No doubt he would come here too

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I thought donato was a right shot center.. LW would have been my last guess at his forward position

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Interesting tidbit.

The Bruins have six prospects who averaged more than a point per game for their teams this year:

OHL: Senyshyn (65/59 games)

WHL: Gabrielle (64/61)

Jr A Liiga: Koppanen (54/38)

NCAA: Frederic (33/30), Donato (38/33), Bjork (47/36)

Three more in the NCAA were not far off:

Fitzgerald (31/34)

Hughes (32/36)

JFK (32/37)

Honorable mention: Jake Zboril (41/50)

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Interesting tidbit.

The Bruins have six prospects who averaged more than a point per game for their teams this year:

Fitzgerald (31/34)

Hughes (32/36)

JFK (32/37)

Senyshyn, Gabrielle, Zboril and Lauzon are all on top ranked teams in their junior leagues and each play key prime roles for their respective teams. All are projected to have long play off runs.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Interesting tidbit.

Fitzgerald (31/34)

Hughes (32/36)

JFK (32/37)

Fitzgerald probably gets there if he wasn't dealing with that ankle injury during the season. It definitely affected his play.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Billy Jaffe‏Verified account
@BJaffe

Following
More
Billy Jaffe
While doing prep for NCAA tourny had chats w few Minny people & all say Lindgren is real deal. Has ferocious attitude & awesome competitor

Too bad some of these kids couldn't get here a little sooner. But still better than the barren Chiarelli days.

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
This comment probably belongs in the draft thread but in any regard. Dom had recently indicated in a thread that Nick Hague was a player the Bruins would be well served to target in this years draft. Mike Morreale's latest mock draft agreed. His comments on him:

19. Boston Bruins - Nicolas Hague, D, Mississauga (OHL)

Hague (6-5, 206) is a fluid skater and can move the puck extremely well, enabling his team to create a lot of offense. He also has five power-play goals, second on Mississauga. The left-shot defenseman also is tough in the defensive end.

edit: error on the comment for selecting him being attributed to Dom. Should have read he DID NOT endorse Hague as being a good choice. Apologies Dom.

Last edited:

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
As BC's season is over, is there any news on Ryan Fitzgerald turning pro and getting some games Providence? Keep hearing about Colin White and possibility of him turning pro and joining the Sens. Looking at both players, they are pretty comparable stats-wise...

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC
This comment probably belongs in the draft thread but in any regard. Dom had recently indicated in a thread that Nick Hague was a player the Bruins would be well served to target in this years draft. Mike Morreale's latest mock draft agreed. His comments on him:

19. Boston Bruins - Nicolas Hague, D, Mississauga (OHL)

Hague (6-5, 206) is a fluid skater and can move the puck extremely well, enabling his team to create a lot of offense. He also has five power-play goals, second on Mississauga. The left-shot defenseman also is tough in the defensive end.

It is in the draft thread and Dom mentioned that he hopes the Bruins do not draft him.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Interesting tidbit.

Fitzgerald (31/34)

Hughes (32/36)

JFK (32/37)

"draft schmaft"
Cliff Fletcher:sarcasm:

Said it a hundred times on the board by now but man am I excited/optimistic/intrigued at this cupboard full of prospects.

I get not all will make it, or not all will be playing NHL games for the B`s as some likely to be used in a move for a player but how refreshing is this to be able to produce a list of kids that appear to have legitimate chances to be NHL players?

Nice

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Too bad some of these kids couldn't get here a little sooner. But still better than the barren Chiarelli days.

Kirk got me hooked on him so I drafted him in my SIM league (Kirk and Dom are my scouts) and he is going to make it. The only thing I worry about is his wrecking ball mentality. He is the Sobotka of defensemen. I like that he is also mean. It seems to come natural to him.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Thanks for pointing out the error. Have edited the original post to reflect the error on my part with apologies to Dom.

Conor Timmins hands down over Hague for me.

Timmins (in the OHL) is the only d-man among draft eligible players in top 10 scoring. Top point producing d-man (61 points vs Hague 42 - who was second). Tops among all draft eligible players in +/-. Tops among all draft eligible players in assists (54) - Nick Suzuki is 2nd with 51.

And he displaced two already NHL drafted d-men on the Soo roster to become their number 1 d-man early in the season.

I think he just has so much more hockey IQ than Hague. Thinks the game at a very high level.

Will add this: The Bruins have kept tabs on Zach Senyshyn this season, so they've probably seen enough of Timmins to like him better than Hague.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Timmins (in the OHL) is the only d-man among draft eligible players in top 10 scoring. Top point producing d-man (61 points vs Hague 42 - who was second). Tops among all draft eligible players in +/-. Tops among all draft eligible players in assists (54) - Nick Suzuki is 2nd with 51.

And he displaced two already NHL drafted d-men on the Soo roster to become their number 1 d-man early in the season.

I think he just has so much more hockey IQ than Hague. Thinks the game at a very high level.

Will add this: The Bruins have kept tabs on Zach Senyshyn this season, so they've probably seen enough of Timmins to like him better than Hague.

The link you sent me to be able to view up to date draft prospects has Timmins at 26 Dom, do you think this is still accurate or likely he`s moved up a bit?

An old friend of mine teaches at St Andrews College in Aurora and enjoys catching their games, says he`s hooked on a kid Barron and it says he`s ranked at 88. He says he`s a big C-man with great hands but keep in mind, much like myself, he`s no scout:)

Last edited:

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
The link you sent me to be able to view up to date draft prospects has Timmins at 26 Dom, do you think this is still accurate or likely he`s moved up a bit?

An old friend of mine teaches at St Andrews College in Aurora and enjoys catching their games, says he`s hooked on a kid Barron and it says he`s ranked at 88. He says he`s a big C-man with great hands but keep in mind, much like myself, he`s no scout:)

I assume you mean Morgan Barron?

Not my area so I'd prefer not to comment.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I assume you mean Morgan Barron?

Not my area so I'd prefer not to comment.

That`s him, not a problem, as I mentioned, my buddy is a teacher there, simply a fan of the game who watches them play, says he`s quite the kid albeit playing against fellow rich kids;)

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

But will he be there when the Bruins pick at 15?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->