GDT: Bruins @ Panthers - Uncle Dale Wants Golf Buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Found this picture, had to share it. THANK YOU PANTHERS!

btaeM5G.png

:laugh:

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Crazy to see Barkov 4 goals from 20 on the season.

Reminds me of Jumbo Joe. Has a good shot, just prefers to hand out assists.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Petrovic is a lot tougher than I thought. He took a good amount of punches and didn't come away with a scratch during the fight. And he threw some nice jab too. Overall, I enjoyed the fight and it's great to see someone step in while a guy was taking liberties with our leading scorer.

Jan 19, 2006
Sat next to jerk Bruins fans last night.

They were mocking us after that first goal.

They were laughing after the tying goal when they were told that they were going to miss the playoffs.

They weren't laughing at the end.

Schadenfreude. Sweet, sweet schadenfreude. :)

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL

They were laughing after the tying goal when they were told that they were going to miss the playoffs.

Seems a bit redundant, no?

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Huberdeau increased his point total by +25 from last year. That's probably the most of any Panther.

Barkov with a +11 pt increase.

Bjugstad with a +5 pt increase and +8 goal increase

Hayes with a +17 pt increase.

Ekblad with a +38 pt increase (since he had 0 career points last year :naughty:)

We will need these guys to each have +10 pt increase at the very least next season as well. Keep building.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Huberdeau increased his point total by +25 from last year. That's probably the most of any Panther.

Barkov with a +11 pt increase.

Bjugstad with a +5 pt increase and +8 goal increase

Hayes with a +17 pt increase.

Ekblad with a +38 pt increase (since he had 0 career points last year :naughty:)

We will need these guys to each have +10 pt increase at the very least next season as well. Keep building.

Don't forget, Jagr was close to a point a game pace after the trade.

82 point season confirmed

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
it'd be interesting to see how much 11/16 increased their average after getting jagr, compared to before

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida

Started a nice little rangeresque tuuuuuuca & na na na na late 3rd.

Good times.

Bottom line best way to shut them all up is to go deep into playoffs one year

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
Petrovic is a lot tougher than I thought. He took a good amount of punches and didn't come away with a scratch during the fight. And he threw some nice jab too. Overall, I enjoyed the fight and it's great to see someone step in while a guy was taking liberties with our leading scorer.

petro would have dropped his ass if he could get his hand free.. so he had to jab... kids tough

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Seems a bit redundant, no?

lol.

The last Bruins game I was had 4-5 "respectable" Boston fans. The rest of the section was full of jerks. Snide comments all the way till Pirri scored that SO goal. I've been to Leafs/Montreal/Philly/Rangers/Islander games and the B fans are at the top of the **** list for me.
Half of the game I was ready to turn around and say some nice comments back

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Barkov has scored some "goal scorer's goals" lately. Seems like he also had a snipers shot but didin't bother to use it earlier.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
I'll upload the latest Android Barkov firmware to github so the Panthers can use it.

More goals, more faceoff wins, better defense, but will start speaking like HK47 from KOTOR.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Barkov has scored some "goal scorer's goals" lately. Seems like he also had a snipers shot but didin't bother to use it earlier.

I kind of disagree. I've never seen him snipe the puck ala Bjugstad. Last night he shot low and I think it deflected off Rask's 5-hole and in. I've seen a lot more "goal-scorer goals" from #27 than #11 and #16.

Jan 19, 2006
/ranton

Despite the outcome, last night was another disgraceful performance for the officials.

It's not a bias against the Panthers though - it just says in the rulebook that crosschecking is illegal unless the perpetrator happens to be on an "Original 6" team and the area crosschecked is the neck of Jonathan Huberdeau.

There would have been NO call on Chara until Huberdeau retaliated... despite being in plain sight of the official.

Ditto with the McQuaid call, which actually seemed far more egregious.

Kudos to Huberdeau for having the stones to fight back.

Hopefully Viola was on the phone last night talking to league officials again. If I was the owner I know I would have been.

It is easy to have swagger and play a tough game when the officials turn a blind eye. Can you imagine Petrovic and Gudbranson's effectiveness if the league used the same level of (non) scrutiny to call penalties-of-aggression on them as they seem to do with the Bruins when they play the Panthers?

/rantoff

P.S. Connolly is a whiny, dirty little diving (female dog).

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Let's hope we can finish the job.

Either way, we won't forget what you did!

You guys were pretty damned close too this year. A lot of strides from your young guys. Division is shaping up to be pretty tough - especially if Buffalo and Toronto get their hands on some of that talent.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Kudos to Huberdeau for having the stones to fight back.

Huberdeau's name is already tossed around here like he could be traded tomorrow for the betterment of the offensive production of the team, like to acquire an established scorer. Well, I think after what we saw this past season, fans should cut the crap out. This kid takes the proverbial young Panther beating from opposing teams and unfair biased opinions from referees. He takes all that garbage and is professional about and producing at a great rate with the acquisition of Jagr. I used to see a lot of junior hockey Huberdeau and this past year, we rarely saw that guy. We saw junior hockey Huberdeau settling in to becoming an NHL pro. I think this kid should be considered a keeper.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
Huberdeau's name is already tossed around here like he could be traded tomorrow for the betterment of the offensive production of the team, like to acquire an established scorer. Well, I think after what we saw this past season, fans should cut the crap out. This kid takes the proverbial young Panther beating from opposing teams and unfair biased opinions from referees. He takes all that garbage and is professional about and producing at a great rate with the acquisition of Jagr. I used to see a lot of junior hockey Huberdeau and this past year, we rarely saw that guy. We saw junior hockey Huberdeau settling in to becoming an NHL pro. I think this kid should be considered a keeper.

I agree. His compete level has been different the last half of this year. Defensively he is above average. He's the type of player that needs to play with guys that can match his hockey IQ.

Gallant seems to have coached him up well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad