GDT: Bruins @ Panthers - Uncle Dale Wants Golf Buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
I want to point out that last night's game is the type of game where other Panther teams would have just folded.

Already eliminated from the playoffs. Gudbranson gets hurt. Refs not calling anything, then calling ticky tack penalties on us, then the Bruins score on the Power Play.

I know the Panthers were playing with no pressure, and that the Bruins were tired, but FL showed a ton of CHARACTER last night. I am hopeful for the future.

Also, was Potvin drunk(er) than usual ? I could have sworn he said something about Gomez that he said he wasn't supposed say to the public.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
I want to point out that last night's game is the type of game where other Panther teams would have just folded.

Already eliminated from the playoffs. Gudbranson gets hurt. Refs not calling anything, then calling ticky tack penalties on us, then the Bruins score on the Power Play.

I know the Panthers were playing with no pressure, and that the Bruins were tired, but FL showed a ton of CHARACTER last night. I am hopeful for the future.

Also, was Potvin drunk(er) than usual ? I could have sworn he said something about Gomez that he said he wasn't supposed say to the public.

He said that Jagr told him (I'm paraphrasing) playing with Barkov is much better than playing with Gomez.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees

He said that Jagr told him (I'm paraphrasing) playing with Barkov is much better than playing with Gomez.

I am not a neurologist by any stretch of the imagination but watching/hearing lindsay and potvin really makes me believe that these guys who spent 20 years of their lives getting their heads bashed into the boards really has an impact on them now.

Some of the stuff they say is incoherent. Lindsay shakes almost in parkinsons like manner.

Concerning.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
EXTREMELY SATISFYING WIN!!!!!!! man, even though we didn't make the playoffs i was ecstatic over that win. i freaking hate boston, n.j. and phillie. i am rooting for ottawa to make the show. great gut check!!!! hope the bruins go down in a pile and lose their last game by a large margin in regulation!!!:):handclap::yo:

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
I am not a neurologist by any stretch of the imagination but watching/hearing lindsay and potvin really makes me believe that these guys who spent 20 years of their lives getting their heads bashed into the boards really has an impact on them now.

Some of the stuff they say is incoherent. Lindsay shakes almost in parkinsons like manner.

Concerning.

lindsay might just be nervous

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
/ranton

Despite the outcome, last night was another disgraceful performance for the officials.

It's not a bias against the Panthers though - it just says in the rulebook that crosschecking is illegal unless the perpetrator happens to be on an "Original 6" team and the area crosschecked is the neck of Jonathan Huberdeau.

There would have been NO call on Chara until Huberdeau retaliated... despite being in plain sight of the official.

Ditto with the McQuaid call, which actually seemed far more egregious.

Kudos to Huberdeau for having the stones to fight back.

Hopefully Viola was on the phone last night talking to league officials again. If I was the owner I know I would have been.

It is easy to have swagger and play a tough game when the officials turn a blind eye. Can you imagine Petrovic and Gudbranson's effectiveness if the league used the same level of (non) scrutiny to call penalties-of-aggression on them as they seem to do with the Bruins when they play the Panthers?

/rantoff

P.S. Connolly is a whiny, dirty little diving (female dog).
The Campbell trip was bad too. Gave the Bruins a goal.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
Sat next to jerk Bruins fans last night.

They were mocking us after that first goal.

They were laughing after the tying goal when they were told that they were going to miss the playoffs.

They weren't laughing at the end.

Schadenfreude. Sweet, sweet schadenfreude. :)

Did you hear any of the Lets go Ottawa chants? Those were a nice troll to the Bruins's fans in my section.

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
469112206_slide.jpg

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006

Concerning.

Mr Hockey is 87 or so and probably played hockey 92 of those years. I'm not too concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad