Post-Game Talk: Bruins lose to Pens

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
Cool, you're about the 100th person here to say that without actually saying what you think he should do.

He can't just go out and trade for whoever you want him to get. He needs to have the pieces to trade and have a willing trading partner. Not to mention most other teams have not made any significant moves yet.

What moves should he make since you seem to think you know it all? In a shortened season with teams being pretty close together in the playoff race, it's not going to be as easy to obtain players from fringe playoff teams.

I don't think Chiarelli will able to get "significant" help by using the trade market. 1- I don't see Chiarelli paying an hefty price for help and 2- How many team will have the willingness to "help" the Bruins knowing that they are in trouble? When you combine these two factors, you understand how hard it's gonna be. Our best options are the kids in Pro ( Spooner, Krug ), IMHO.

EastCoastNiner

Nov 21, 2008
He better add help is all I am saying,Its his job and he has coin and assets to do it.Thsi is a shot to go to a Cup.They are close.He did squat last yr,He better not do it again.

What should he do.

Most people here keep saying that "Chiarelli needs to make a move", but have no stated what move he should make. You don't just make a move for the sake of making one. You obviously have to account for the present, future, current roster make-up, availability of players. etc.

It's not easy to find difference makers on the market, and it's not like the Bruins have a ton of prospects teams will be salivating over.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
What should he do.

Most people here keep saying that "Chiarelli needs to make a move", but have no stated what move he should make. You don't just make a move for the sake of making one. You obviously have to account for the present, future, current roster make-up, availability of players. etc.

It's not easy to find difference makers on the market, and it's not like the Bruins have a ton of prospects teams will be salivating over.

Jesus he could at very least call up some the kids and try to put some of their speed in.Pandolfo not doing nothing.And quite frankly caron has not impressed me either.So maybe that goes against what i just said,but they should give some kids a shot,Guess he figures they have enough pts to hold onto a playoff spot so he has time,But after seeing Pens shut them down minus LeTang and Malkin,I am bit worried.

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
He better add help is all I am saying,Its his job and he has coin and assets to do it.Thsi is a shot to go to a Cup.They are close.He did squat last yr,He better not do it again.

Unless Line 1 eats more fiber and becomes more regular, this team is not going to scare anyone. We need better transitioning D in 4-5-6 and a forward..

I dont think we have the resources. Seeing pandalfo on line 3 I think is a pretty good indication..unless he has to wait to get more space? Not saying we need all 3 D at improvement in one of the spots at 4-5-6 .
Preferably 4 to move the guys down a peg.

EastCoastNiner

Nov 21, 2008
Jesus he could at very least call up some the kids and try to put some of their speed in.Pandolfo not doing nothing.And quite frankly caron has not impressed me either.So maybe that goes against what i just said,but they should give some kids a shot,Guess he figures they have enough hold on playoff spot he has time,But after seeing Pens shut them down minus LeTang and Malkin,I am bit worried.

And, it's obvious what the reaction here would be if the call-ups didn't perform.

"I knew it, we shouldn't have called up our prospects during a battle for the #1 seed in the Eastern Conference. Totally dumb move by Chiarelli. He should have made a big trade1!"

Did you ever think there's a reason he hasn't made those call-ups? Maybe he and the front office don't think that those players are ready and any better than Pandalfo and some other struggling players on the current roster?

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Unless Line 1 eats more fiber and becomes more regular, this team is not going to scare anyone. We need better transitioning D in 4-5-6 and a forward..

I dont think we have the resources. Seeing pandalfo on line 3 I think is a pretty good indication..unless he has to wait to get more space? Not saying we need all 3 D at improvement in one of the spots at 4-5-6 .
Preferably 4 to move the guys down a peg.

I am with that.I heard Gonchars name today by Paul Dupont.Said Bruins are closing in on him.Its on my phone.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
And, it's obvious what the reaction here would be if the call-ups didn't perform.

"I knew it, we shouldn't have called up our prospects during a battle for the #1 seed in the Eastern Conference. Totally dumb move by Chiarelli. He should have made a big trade1!"

Did you ever think there's a reason he hasn't made those call-ups? Maybe he and the front office don't think that those players are ready and any better than Pandalfo and some other struggling players on the current roster?

Well they are fighting with habs and Spooner numbers were better in AHL then Gallaghers and they have a younger guy then that performing too in that lineup .So who holding who back??They are not even giving the kid a fair shot to prove anything.He can skate so they should.

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
did Haggs say if he thought DK may have embellished it? or that Johnny Boychuk was laughing in the lockerrroom

I thought I heard that Johnny " I don't know where this puck is going " Boychuk was laughing his xxx off , saying my shot was heading for under the cross bar but David seems to get in the way all the time :help:

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I am with that.I heard Gonchars name today by Paul Dupont.Said Bruins are closing in on him.Its on my phone.

Because Ottawa is looking for sure like a playoff team Gonchar won't come cheap, might even cost us a #1 draft pick and more, Ottawa GM Murray is in a good position here.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I thought I heard that Johnny " I don't know where this puck is going " Boychuk was laughing his xxx off , saying my shot was heading for under the cross bar but David seems to get in the way all the time :help:

Someone should tell Boychuck no rebounds on shots up off glass.:sarcasm:

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Because Ottawa is looking for sure like a playoff team Gonchar won't come cheap, might even cost us a #1 draft pick and more, Ottawa GM Murray is in a good position here.

DuPont spreading that one.No way I give them a number 1 for that guy,Bruins went down that road with him before and he did not do alot.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Well they are fighting with habs and Spooner numbers were better in AHL then Gallaghers and they have a younger guy then that performing too in that lineup .So who holding who back??They are not even giving the kid a fair shot to prove anything.He can skate so they should.

Chris Bourque's numbers in the AHL were better than literally every other player last season.

Going into this season, the Habs were in a totally different position than the Bruins.

SupremefartMachine

Oct 2, 2010
Vermont

Gallagher is an NHL player right now, Spooner is an AHL player right now, they are not analogous.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010

I have mentioned this before about Spooner having far superior numbers to Gallagher in the AHL and yet Spooner hardly gets a sniff while Gallagher is doing great in Montreal, I get that Gallagher is grittier but I would argue that Spooner is the more talented and creative player. I think we can all agree that the Pandolfo experiment has been a dismal failure to no one's suprise, time to give our talented kids a legit shot to give this team a shot in the arm, I mean they can't possibly be worse then Pandolfo.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Rather dress Macdermid than Pandolfo I have seen other say the same. Pandolfo flat out sucks.

howaryuh

Mar 28, 2004
Guelph, Ontario
While there is always room for improvement, I'm not too sure what options there are for Chia to upgrade. Don Cherry mentioned this last night, so many teams are bunched and only a few that are ready throw in the towel (sabres, islanders come to mind) but with the limited supply it becomes a seller's market.
If there is a way to help the third line, I'm sure Chia will find a way.
A break or two during the game today would have changed the complexion of this thread methinks.

thegodfather

Dec 6, 2005
Stratford, Ontario
Wondering out loud if I'm the only was that was pissed off that in a 2-1 game the bench was not shortened...

I realize it's a short season, but other games I've watched the coach shortens the bench.

If I have one major complaint about Julien it's that....

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Word on Krejci yet? I'll let Chia worry about making deals rather than get involved with whom I think he should or should not pursue. So many here think a trade is a simple phone call and it's done

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Chris Bourque's numbers in the AHL were better than literally every other player last season.

Going into this season, the Habs were in a totally different position than the Bruins.

Gorsik who is a member here texted from Springfield last night and said Spooner was arguably best player on ice for either side. Today he got for star against Manchester. The only thing other than injuries from Ryan Spooner from one helluva NHL player is if himself. It's there for him and I expect him to grab it

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I don't think Chiarelli will able to get "significant" help by using the trade market. 1- I don't see Chiarelli paying an hefty price for help and 2- How many team will have the willingness to "help" the Bruins knowing that they are in trouble? When you combine these two factors, you understand how hard it's gonna be. Our best options are the kids in Pro ( Spooner, Krug ), IMHO.

You mean it's not that way...:sarcasm:

Well, he needs fax machine too:)

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Wondering out loud if I'm the only was that was pissed off that in a 2-1 game the bench was not shortened...

I realize it's a short season, but other games I've watched the coach shortens the bench.

If I have one major complaint about Julien it's that....

I think Julien did a good job today. Seguin was the most dangerous B's forward and he got 20 minutes.

Julien put them in a position to succeed but they didn't score. The offense is an issue and that's on the players. Claude can't put the puck in the net for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad