Post-Game Talk: Bruins lose to Pens

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
This game reminded me a lot of the back to back losses to Detroit back in 2011. We got blown out 6-1 in the first game and then lost 4-2 in the 2nd game. The first game sucked, but the 2nd one hurt worse because the Bruins actually looked like they were playing their best game and it simply looked like the Bruins were just not in Detroit's league. This was in early February so Kelly and Pevs had not been acquired yet. Fast forward a couple months and this team was on the road the cup and looking like something special. I'm not gonna panic about this one because I know they are gonna make a move or two and in a couple years about as many people will care about this loss as they do about those detroit losses in 2011.

NastyNate17

Jan 3, 2011
Fort Sam Houston
This game reminded me a lot of the back to back losses to Detroit back in 2011. We got blown out 6-1 in the first game and then lost 4-2 in the 2nd game. The first game sucked, but the 2nd one hurt worse because the Bruins actually looked like they were playing their best game and it simply looked like the Bruins were just not in Detroit's league. This was in early February so Kelly and Pevs had not been acquired yet. Fast forward a couple months and this team was on the road the cup and looking like something special. I'm not gonna panic about this one because I know they are gonna make a move or two and in a couple years about as many people will care about this loss as they do about those detroit losses in 2011.

Good post. I feel the same. Despite what many posters are saying I still do believe we are among the elite teams this year in the entire NHL...I do want to see a move made for a 3rd line scorer, but thats the extent I think we need to go...Once the playoffs roll around I have faith that this team can take it up a notch and go deep into the post season

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Is it me or does Hamilton never skate with the puck at all? He just tries to go for a stretch pass from way in our own end, when he could easily skate a little and open things up

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Is it me or does Hamilton never skate with the puck at all? He just tries to go for a stretch pass from way in our own end, when he could easily skate a little and open things up

I think he's just playing it safe right now. One he gets more comfortable I think we'll see him take more chances and rush the puck.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Hey guys missed most of the game today. Saw Krejci take the shot from Boychuk. Just got in and trying to get an update. Did he come back or is there any word on his injury?

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
No word as far as i know.. He did Travel with the team to Winnipeg though..

thanks. I'll take that as a positive. It looked real ugly at the time and I'll admit I got pretty scared especially with Kelly already being down.

Out East

Jan 11, 2013
Halifax NS
Your team limited the Pens to 18 shots and took 32. It couldn't have been as bad many are saying... I sincerely hope Krejci is ok.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
when is the last time a shot actually broke someone's leg? I am sure Krejci is hurting but it seems unlikely that it's anything like Kelly's injury.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
when is the last time a shot actually broke someone's leg? I am sure Krejci is hurting but it seems unlikely that it's anything like Kelly's injury.

Is this directed at me? I was simply saying with Kelly out already it would hurt that much more to lose Krejci as well. Never mentioned that he may have a break.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Your team limited the Pens to 18 shots and took 32. It couldn't have been as bad many are saying... I sincerely hope Krejci is ok.
Get the hell out of here with your "reality" and "outside perspective" and "common sense". We just lost. It's panic time!!!!

We need a new coach, a dozen new players and a new GM. And we only have a few weeks to get it all done!!!

Out East

Jan 11, 2013
Halifax NS
Get the hell out of here with your "reality" and "outside perspective" and "common sense". We just lost. It's panic time!!!!

We need a new coach, a dozen new players and a new GM. And we only have a few weeks to get it all done!!!

OK, consider me not here...

DOGSTARMAN

Aug 1, 2005

It's just confidence and comfort with the speed of what's happening. While things have been going well for Hamilton, it's no surprise if he is still sometimes inclined to move the play along with a pass instead of lugging the puck. It just takes time to really fully settle in.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Boston fans are insanely passionate- I was listening to Dale Arnold this morning driving around and out walking dog and it occured to me these people are into it. They were talking third line and bottom pair defense- the power play set up it was hilarious...no way you get that anywhere else

and just look at this board- that is all you need to know

what US based team has fans like this place on it? Flyers and Rags are very good but overall reading message boards and listening to cities sports talk no comparison

No argument about the passion part.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston

Perfect example of why stats don't always tell the story. Some of those "shots" were underhand pitches from a stride over the blue line through 3 defenders.

Didn't generate enough quality chances. Only one line was even coming close. If it were just this game, sure, no big deal. It's becoming a common theme w/ the better teams.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
This place is predictably hilarious. Bruins play a good game on the road against what's likely the best team in the league at the moment (never mind it being an inch from going to overtime) and the place has a melt down of epic proportions.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
This place is predictably hilarious. Bruins play a good game on the road against what's likely the best team in the league at the moment (never mind it being an inch from going to overtime) and the place has a melt down of epic proportions.

That's because the B's have beat every team in the Eastern Conference so far this year, but are 0-2 against the Pens. :dunno:

Merk57

Jun 12, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
I thought the Bruins played a good solid game today. The only thing that bothered me with the game is Horton's lack of hockey sense, he just seemed like his head wasn't in the game (hasn't been for most of the season).

As for all the Rask talk of whether or not he could or should have stopped either of the two goals, I don't care... If you plan to beat the Pens, you had better score more than one goal!

If Krech is back next game or not, I think it's time to shuffle those lines around a little. I'd pull Horton off that top line and put Marchand there. As fpr the Third line, I'd get Pandolfo sittin in the press box. I think I'd make Campbell, Pevs, Paille my third line for now. Bring up a centreman from Providence to play between Caron, and Thornton...I don't care who anyone has to be better than Pandolfo.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Thought this was the second time this season that we got 2 points we weren't full value for. Boston owned the territorial advantage in the last 40 minutes, and while you didn't have too many major goal scoring chances, it was all about getting a break or two on those numerous point shots.... or Seguin's across the goal line wrap around etc.

Hope Krejci will be OK, and hope to have a full lineup when the Pens come into Boston for the final pre-playoffs game against you this season. Gotta believe there will finally be a Boston-Pens series this Summer, because to my mind these are clearly the best two rosters in the East, even if both teams can top up some at the deadline.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
Just finished watching the game.

They're just better than us.....right now. Lot of hockey yet to be played. We're about 7 W's away from a playoff spot and then, it's whoever's goalie and team are hot, healthy, and firing on all cylinders.

Sure hope 46 is ok.

Time to set our alarm clocks as we head on into the Peg! Go B's!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad