Post-Game Talk: Bruins lose 6-5 to the Habs in a shootout

RedBruin

Jul 4, 2010
Germany
Tell me about it. It had the potential to be the best night of the year: Huge come back from a 2-0 deficit vs the habs, Price getting yanked, Bruins playing with emotion, and Iggi coming to Boston. And then boom! the **** hits the fan.

Well now imagine this, didn't get the chance to watch the game, or infact, be anywhere near a PC since yesterday. Came home from work a few hours ago to read up what happened over the last 24 hours or so. Was in a good mood due to the day off tomorrow as well. Very unhappy camper now though. :laugh:

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Only against the Habs would a puck hit a Bruin defenseman in the face, land on the stick of a Hab with an open net, then on a PK which had shut down the Habs all night would a shot deflect off a Bruins stick past Rask.

I hate the Habs with a passion, NONE of this would have happened if the Bruins came out with fire, instead, led by Horton, this team seemed like they were all anxious to greet what they thought was going to be their newest teammate at the airport after the game.

The first 25 minutes of this game is where the B`s had their chance, not in the last 7 mins

It's funny, but it seems Montreal has been ridiculously lucky against the Bruins for many, many years, no matter who is on their roster.

ksp1957

Apr 11, 2006
South Shore
It's funny, but it seems Montreal has been ridiculously lucky against the Bruins for many, many years, no matter who is on their roster.

And getting the right call right when they need it. It was really annoying that the Bruins couldn't do anything in the ***out, er I mean shootout. But I am glad my PCP switched me to a different anti-anxiety medication so the loss didn't hurt as bad. ;);)

GadKing

Sep 27, 2010
Montreal
Habs fan here.

The Canadiens were very, very lucky tonight. That last penalty for delay of game is gift from the hockey Gods. The B's transition game was much better than the Habs, you guys took advantage of a bunch of rebounds allowed by Price, and for some reason Habs won it. I was watching the game with a Bruins fan in a Boston pub (I live there for work) and as soon as Gallagher scored in shootout, he just bolted out of the pub. He doesn't want to talk to me at work today.

Galchyfan

Mar 29, 2013
Drummondville, Qc
Well the Bruins should have won this game but we got lucky and the Habs worked really hard to come back in the game.I really love the rivalry between the Habs and the B's.Best hockey rivalry ever!But please don't complain about the dives.Marchand is a pro "embellisher'.But i'll be honest yeah sometimes my Habs dives.Bergy continue to make me hate him. xD But god, I would love to have him in my team.I love to see PK continue to score goals against the B's. :P It's priceless!And Larsy continue to do well against you guys.Can't wait to the next match against you guys!Anyways,good luck for the rest of the season. C:

Bone for your jar

Feb 2, 2011
Boston, Mass.
Well the Bruins should have won this game but we got lucky and the Habs worked really hard to come back in the game.I really love the rivalry between the Habs and the B's.Best hockey rivalry ever!But please don't complain about the dives.Marchand is a pro "embellisher'.But i'll be honest yeah sometimes my Habs dives.Bergy continue to make me hate him. xD But god, I would love to have him in my team.I love to see PK continue to score goals against the B's. :P It's priceless!And Larsy continue to do well against you guys.Can't wait to the next match against you guys!Anyways,good luck for the rest of the season. C:

Yes the B's should have won this game ... because they were at home and didn't play Pittsburgh the night before!!! You're very sporting about it, but the Habs played a good road game on short rest and cashed in on their chances. They put themselves in position to benefit from a little luck that came their way here and there .... but the B's should never have allowed them those chances in the first place.

Good luck, until we meet again!

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
I guess it shouldn't be surprising but Hamilton looks awesome paired with Chara.

Next year if that's the pairing Hamilton could put up some big points.

PrisonMike

Nov 26, 2007
McKinney,TX
I guess it shouldn't be surprising but Hamilton looks awesome paired with Chara.

Next year if that's the pairing Hamilton could put up some big points.

Agreed, He seems to play his best and be the most comfortable with Chara on his side.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I don't know why but I really hate Lars Eller

I hate him too.

Mostly because I was not sober one night watching a game and started singing UNDER MY LARS ELLER-ELLER-ELLER-EH-EH-EH. Now, I can't see/hear his name without that happening in my head.

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont
Still waiting on a habs fan to admit they didn't deserve that one

It isn't about deserving it is about taking advantage of the opprotunities when presented and we did. I like the rivalry with the Bs but for me being an oldschool HABS fan since birth there is not hatred here unlike the one I have with the best rivalry in hockey and that is the HABS Laffs.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
It isn't about deserving it is about taking advantage of the opprotunities when presented and we did.

Very interesting that the Montreal Canadiens are consistently handed said opportunities. Usually in the dying minutes of a game. Huh.

What is the disparity of power plays between the Bruins and Canadiens again? in less than 30 games you guys already have over 50 more PPs?

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont
Very interesting that the Montreal Canadiens are consistently handed said opportunities. Usually in the dying minutes of a game. Huh.

What is the disparity of power plays between the Bruins and Canadiens again? in less than 30 games you guys already have over 50 more PPs?

Yep it is the game we play and the game you play unfortunatly our smurfs help draw penalties nothing more nothing less. I will say this god awfull stupid delay of game puck over the glass penalty REALLY needs to be removed it does more to slow the game down than anything.

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal
For anyone saying we get the calls when we need them I'm pretty sure Boston had a 4-3 the last 2 minutes of overtime and couldn't capitalize on it. Get over it

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Yep it is the game we play and the game you play unfortunatly our smurfs help draw penalties nothing more nothing less. I will say this god awfull stupid delay of game puck over the glass penalty REALLY needs to be removed it does more to slow the game down than anything.

The rule doesn't have to be removed only make it a discretionary call. Was there intent to purposefully shoot the puck out? We give referees discretion to make all other calls. If this was not the case, hockey would be reduced to 3 on 3 play, since a penalty, like a foul in basketball, could be called on every play. I'm hard pressed to think of an other penalty that is automatic. The delay of game penalty as it currently stands is plain silly and it should never be a call that decides a game except where there is a clear intention to relieve pressure by shooting the puck out of play.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 4