Post-Game Talk: Bruins lose 6-5 to the Habs in a shootout

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
:laugh::laugh:

you know what cracked me up? seeing people say that "yeah, we lost to Montreal, but we're getting Iggy so yay!"

I'm like, c'mon people. It's Montreal! Keep your eyes on the prize!

So sads. :laugh:

Exactly!!!! Montreal is now and forever, getting or not getting a player is seasonal at best.

hoss75

Nov 8, 2008
Cambridge, MA
I'm just getting back from the game. After tonights game it is safe to say the fans in the garden are PATHETIC. what happened to us... I use to go to Montreal bruins games and talk hockey with both teams fans, have a good time. Now its drunk people throwing up and swearing at everyone. Not watching the game and standing up for pictures during powerplays... No one around my seats has no idea what is really going on and they don't really give a ****.

If I don't get new tickets for next season I am selling off my entire season next year, hopefully turning a profit and then cancelling. I'm embarrassed and sick of these pathetic fans. And I've been a sth for 4 seasons now so I am not super new to the garden, yes I sit in the balcony but it has never been this bad before... time to unload the bandwagon please.

Yeah, it's getting worse and worse. There's this young couple that sits behind me, spend every night making snarky remarks about everyone and everything.... which is ironic given what they look like. Last night night some dude down below us had a bad haircut, so she takes a picture of it and posts it on Facebook. Proceeds to give updates every 3 minutes about how many people 'Liked it'... for the next 2 hours.
I went to a Devils game last week and it was so much better... nicer staff, nicer barn, friendly yet passionate fans.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
The people in front of me, in row ****ing 14 were all eating shrimp cocktail, and I had their weird father/grown son duo who were way too excited to get on the jumbo tron.

Makes me miss the brawling between Bruins and Habs fans. :laugh:

hoss75

Nov 8, 2008
Cambridge, MA
The people in front of me, in row ****ing 14 were all eating shrimp cocktail, and I had their weird father/grown son duo who were way too excited to get on the jumbo tron.

There's definitely something wrong with anyone older than 13 excited about the Jumbotron.

Turk 16

May 3, 2011
South Shore, MA
There's definitely something wrong with anyone older than 13 excited about the Jumbotron.

This is what struck me the most when I went to the Leafs game on Tuesday. I think a large % of the "fans" are there to get their mugs on that silly screen. And most of them are well over 13...

Plus, if you attend with another actual hockey fan it's impossible to discuss the game because it's so frickin' loud with manufactured party-noise.

The marketing depts. are clearly running the show for NHL teams, and their target market are the frauds, not the fans. Too bad.

Another thing that disturbed me. There was a Leaf fan with his girlfriend sitting at the end of our row. He was drunk and pretty loud, but I didn't hear or observe him say or do anything profane or belligerent. He just seemed to be rooting for his team. And yet he got thrown out, I never found out why.

And now our seats are set to go up in price by almost half in the next couple years. :rant:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Shrimp cocktail???? Where were ya, at the Opera;)

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
:laugh::laugh:

you know what cracked me up? seeing people say that "yeah, we lost to Montreal, but we're getting Iggy so yay!"I'm like, c'mon people. It's Montreal! Keep your eyes on the prize!

So sads. :laugh:

I heard many B's fans saying this on the T after the game.

I said I would believe it when I see it. I want Marty St Louis.

The Pens are so stacked they should win the cup...but who knows. The hockey Gods might punish them for having that ass cooke and give them nothing. ;)

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010

The man next to me was wearing a Criag Sager style sport coat and enjoying a few glasses of white wine whilst infecting the entire section with his overzealous cologne.

I'm really starting to hate the Garden.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
Game went like the Iggi fiasco. Looked like we were gonna get both and end up with none in the last secs.

Whatever, Boston dominated every aspect of that game, except the refs & goals lol. Was nice to see playoffs intensity in the Bruin's game finally. If Subban hasn't become Lucic's Komisarek yet, he most certainly did after bloodying Lucic last night.

Markov doesn't like rough games.

Price getting pulled was Priceless!

Move on and build on this game. Get healthy, bring in MSL or Roy, and win the darned Stanley.:handclap:

mashmont

May 27, 2011
Massachusetts
Different result if the Ref's didnt call a delay of game on a deflection.

How many blatant dives did the hab's sell last night.

3? 4? maybe more?

Turk 16

May 3, 2011
South Shore, MA
I wish Claude had used his TO during the last whistle before the Habs scored to make it 5-5, to rest his PKers. Why save a TO for OT?

On a brighter note, Bergeron may be having his best season yet. Guy is amazing.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
decided not to post last night since i was so p*ssed off. so here it is the next morning and i'm even more p*ssed off!

first let me get this out of the way - hate em to death but i have to give the the scabs tons of credit for this one.

There, that's done. Now....

What the bleepin BS was that BS? I've been the chief ball washer for this club when they've blown leads while on the 2nd leg of a back to back, so believe when i say that this was DISGRACEFUL! you've had a days rest, playing against a team on the 2nd of back to backs. Never mind getting beat, you shouldn't even be giving up a goal in the 3rd period against a team playing with 5 D and their stud D-man barely being able to stand on his feet, never mind skate.

Many blown opps this year in the 3rd because of lack of effort and focus leads me to a very dark dirty place....has CJ lost the room?? Lamariello is no dummy. Is what we all feared about this guy when he was first hired coming to fruition? what is the relationship between Ference and CJ? The reason i ask is because from everything i've read Iggy and 21 are good friends, so you just know he had to have called 21 and asked "yo tree hugger. what's the deal up there?" I wonder what the answer was.

I need Artemis to dope slap me and tell me i'm crazy because i can't get these bad thoughts out of my head.

As far as MSL, he's a buddy of TT, so there's that distraction we'll have to deal with. (Yeah, i went there)

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
I wish Claude had used his TO during the last whistle before the Habs scored to make it 5-5, to rest his PKers. Why save a TO for OT?

On a brighter note, Bergeron may be having his best season yet. Guy is amazing.

he did call a timeout I believe...and then puts Pando out there and he gets schooled by Markov...:help:

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Game went like the Iggi fiasco. Looked like we were gonna get both and end up with none in the last secs.

Whatever, Boston dominated every aspect of that game, except the refs & goals lol. Was nice to see playoffs intensity in the Bruin's game finally. If Subban hasn't become Lucic's Komisarek yet, he most certainly did after bloodying Lucic last night.

Markov doesn't like rough games.

Price getting pulled was Priceless!

Move on and build on this game. Get healthy, bring in MSL or Roy, and win the darned Stanley.:handclap:

I like your optimism...
I also thought most of the B's played with playoff intensity last night, but a few bad bounces, and a couple of timely Bruins penalties, and bingo...the lucky habs pull it out once again.
Habs have been a thorn in my side for too many years.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
The man next to me was wearing a Criag Sager style sport coat and enjoying a few glasses of white wine whilst infecting the entire section with his overzealous cologne.

I'm really starting to hate the Garden.

I like it when these fans come into the building, overly excited, then yell at everyone for not cheering loud enough. While yelling, is turned around, not watching the game he is yelling at everyone for not being excited for.

I still can't get over the hipster bro and his dad next to me. There is a time and place for high 5's and shaking the stranger next to you, but its not after every ****ing goal in March.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
Different result if the Ref's didnt call a delay of game on a deflection.

How many blatant dives did the hab's sell last night.

3? 4? maybe more?

it never should have mattered. it should have been 5-2 at that point and ended in a laugher with scores being settled. I'd be just as ticked off right now if that penalty and goal never happened and we won 5-4. And i've got the texts to my drunken sth buddies to prove it.

The final 10 minutes of the 3rd for a team on the 2nd leg of a back to back should be so debilitating to them that they should be questioning their very decision to play professional hockey. Their only thought at that point should have been what is the fastest route to the team bus, not how are we gonna tie this sucker up.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: