Post-Game Talk: Bruins lose 6-5 to the Habs in a shootout

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
For anyone saying we get the calls when we need them I'm pretty sure Boston had a 4-3 the last 2 minutes of overtime and couldn't capitalize on it. Get over it

Well, now I feel like I can move on, now that the Hab fan with 10 posts who just signed up has given me permission to do so on the Bruins board.

The Bruins gave Montreal those two points. Just say "thank you" and be on your merry way.

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont
The rule doesn't have to be removed only make it a discretionary call. Was there intent to purposefully shoot the puck out? We give referees discretion to make all other calls. If this was not the case, hockey would be reduced to 3 on 3 play, since a penalty, like a foul in basketball, could be called on every play. I'm hard pressed to think of an other penalty that is automatic. The delay of game penalty as it currently stands is plain silly and it should never be a call that decides a game except where there is a clear intention to relieve pressure by shooting the puck out of play.

I agree but I prefer they remove it and make it like it once was and only penalize the goalie for doing it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad