GDT: Bruins - July 1st - Free Agent Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
You'd have to think Boston is talking with him and his agent right? Especially since Hamhuis just signed in Dallas.

Well hopefully if he is still out there he has reached the point to where the price has started to drop. I still want absolutely nothing to do with him at 5 + years and 5 + million per, he is nowhere close to that value

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Agreed.....at least if you are going to make a mistake, don't make it long term.....unlike some GM's I shall not name....

Regarding Montreal, I think they are stronger than last year. They got a back-up in the event Price doesn't dominate for 82 games, they got one hell of a defensemen despite giving up one hell of a defensemen, and they just swung for the fences at an unknown......let's see if they hit the ball or strike out.

Having Price alone makes them a contender IMO.

It'll be a tough division next year.

Buffalo is a stronger team as well.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
If Boston wants to go all in for Demers, then you pass on anyone else.

IMO, if he wants more money you give it to him.

Martin/Stemp do nothing for me at the moment...you can always find those players later on.

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury
by the time of the draft won't subban have played 2 full years in the ahl? thus making him a 3rd year pro?

and it is just 1 goalie exposed minimum right? so we would end up with subban and khudobin exposed? or am i missing something?

I think you are right - I thought for some reason that Subban was a 2nd year pro. I think it makes no difference - when you bring in Khudobin as the backup, and he's a good backup, his exposure likely protects Subban by virtue of their being 1 more better option out there. Yes, Subban has a lot more upside, but Las Vegas is only picking 30 players, and 1 from each team. Boston is protecting Subban by putting people in front of him.

Think about it for a second - let's say we go with Subban as our backup this year. The result is either he does great, he is meh, or he is horrible. If he's horrible or meh, he's a worse option than Dobby, who has done well here as a backup. If Subban does great, he's a risk to be selected since he is young and cost controllable and proved his skill at the NHL level.

I really don't like any of those scenarios. I'd prefer to wait until next year, and see if he can crack the lineup.

riverhawkey91

May 22, 2011
Lowell, MA
I think you are right - I thought for some reason that Subban was a 2nd year pro. I think it makes no difference - when you bring in Khudobin as the backup, and he's a good backup, his exposure likely protects Subban by virtue of their being 1 more better option out there. Yes, Subban has a lot more upside, but Las Vegas is only picking 30 players, and 1 from each team. Boston is protecting Subban by putting people in front of him.

Think about it for a second - let's say we go with Subban as our backup this year. The result is either he does great, he is meh, or he is horrible. If he's horrible or meh, he's a worse option than Dobby, who has done well here as a backup. If Subban does great, he's a risk to be selected since he is young and cost controllable and proved his skill at the NHL level.

I really don't like any of those scenarios. I'd prefer to wait until next year, and see if he can crack the lineup.

I think loosing Subban to LV is almost a foregone conclusion.

Knowing loosely who we'll protect in the expansion draft and who will be exposed, I don't think there will be anyone more valuable than Subban for LV to take. We might get lucky if they intend to compete immediately and take an established player instead, but if they go the value route (which IMO is the best approach), there won't be anyone more valuable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $10.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest