GDT: Bruins - July 1st - Free Agent Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Gary Lawless from tsn tweeted that the jets weren't done and still looking for help down the middle.

Maybe the Bruins can make a good trade partner

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Not Spooner.

More like a salary dump - if I can call it that

Still in hard on Demers

Hayes (hard to see if they just dumped Chiasson, comparable player, same position)

My guess, McQuaid.

Maybe pending a Demers signing.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
Joe Colbourne to Avs 2 years 2.5 per...

And yeah seems like STL isn't moving Shattenkirk...not surprised at this point. Other guys to go after tho.

The Lightning however...Resigning Stamkos, Hedman and Vasilevski..on good deals/terms....is being very under looked it seems. Great deals for them. I bet Kucherov is next.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I really don't want Shatty to b truthful! We have Krug/Liles/C Miller/Morrow..........we need a Demers or Trouba or Ceci

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Can't believe we gave Brett Connolly away for nothing. A lot better player than Hayes

who we could let go during TC. It obviously wasn't about money. He took a pay cut,

I still think Hayes can be a very serviceable 3rd line player if he gets his act together.

But if you can save $1mill and use it elsewhere (Demers) then I'll do that 100% of the time.

We have to stop looking at what we traded to acquire players or we will never get better.

If a mistake was made, move on.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'd be OK with that too.

Sure beats coughing up FOUR 1sts for Trouba.

Demers isn't a Top pair guy, he's a No.4, maybe a 3, but as a guy who grow along with Boston's plethora of young D, I'd be pleased with it.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
So theres...

Boedker RW 26yo
Doan RW 39
Hudler LW 32
Purcell RW 30
Parenteau RW 33
Vanek LW 32

Thats what the top forwards left are looking like...

Demers, Russel etc are probably the top 2 defense....and Russel was looking for 6y 5m and teams like MTL VAN TO are in on that....so

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Dom,

Are are looking at the cap dump for a dman or forward from ottawa, I don't need names, but you have me seriously curious

Ps love what the bruins did today! I think Spooner as the winger on Bergys line would be amazing!

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
So theres...

Boedker RW 26yo
Doan RW 39
Hudler LW 32
Purcell RW 30
Parenteau RW 33
Vanek LW 32

Thats what the top forwards left are looking like...

Demers, Russel etc are probably the top 2 defense....and Russel was looking for 6y 5m and teams like MTL VAN TO are in on that....so

If Boston adds any more forwards, it has and most likely will be on a one-year deal with Pasta/Marchand/Spooner extension next year.

If Boston was willing to go 2-years on another UFA forward, I think Stempniak is still here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->