Rumor: Bruins interested in Karl Alzner

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Is the pickle jar a true verified story

Yes. This is a quote from Alzner in 2017.

“The ones that get you inside the knee usually don’t feel good because you can’t really do a whole lot,” Alzner said. “They just send that shooting pain down your leg and you start hobbling around a little bit. Those ones suck.”
“Sometimes where you get hit right in the hand, we have gloves on, but they only protect you a little bit,” Alzner continued. “You get them right in the hand, it’s pretty easy to break something. It’s kind of embarrassing, but my wife (Mandy) is the one who opens up all the jars in our house because my hands have been broken so many times from the shots. I’ve got pretty weak hands now.”

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Penguins fans looking at the Chara signing and now this rumor:

300px-Jim_Halpert_Smiling_Through_Blinds.jpg

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Hasn't Alzner been awful the last few years?

He would probably be fine as a league min taxi squad guy. I wouldn't count on him to be much more though.

I think at this point in his career he would be best as an AHL captain. Essentially an on ice coach for your prospects

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
He would probably be fine as a league min taxi squad guy. I wouldn't count on him to be much more though.

I think at this point in his career he would be best as an AHL captain. Essentially an on ice coach for your prospects
Judging by the Bruins defence options this season that actually sounds like he’ll fit right in!

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
Alzner was only -1 last year. That's better than Torey Krug was. Sign him! Preferably multiple years, just to make sure he doesn't get away.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
No. They have Lauzon and Vaakanainen ready to fill the open defense slots, and they're paying John Moore way too much money to be leapfrogged by some other slapdick as their 7th defenseman.

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
Lol. WTF?

How is Alzner an improvement over Chara, who basically brought a turnabout culture with him when Bos signed him away from Ottawa?

#noloyalty

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
You’d think that in 2020 we’d all have a bit more compassion for our fellow species members than this. You guys wishing Alzner on us has just destroyed my faith in mankind. Why do you all have to be so so so spiteful?

I realize that’s being extremely rude to Karl, but even I have limits on my compassion for others.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad