Rumor: Bruins interested in Karl Alzner

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
As a Habs fan yes he’s not a very good NHLer but can fill in for a couple games I guess. Sounds like a great locker room guy and mentor so as an AHL signing I don’t see why anyone should complain

Reactions: qqaz

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Funny how Chara going to the Caps today revives a dead rumor that has not been discussed in 71 days

Post #177 dated Oct 21st was the last on this - the next post is today, lmao.

Any news on the Leafs interest in Lecavalier deal from 2013? There still is a chance...

Reactions: Drew311 and barbu

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Funny how Chara going to the Caps today revives a dead rumor that has not been discussed in 71 days

Post #177 dated Oct 21st was the last on this - the next post is today, lmao.

Any news on the Leafs interest in Lecavalier deal from 2013? There still is a chance...
Wait are you telling me the Capitals basically just traded Karl Alzner for Zdeno Chara?

giphy.gif

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
This better not happen or we need someone to dispose of the magic man Sweeney and his iĺlustrious cohort Neely.

Reactions: Morrison

ReggiesLemons

Jul 4, 2013
Why is this active again? Haggerty is a hack to begin with. Aside from that, the original tweet is over 2 months old. Lock this garbage up.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I've been sarcastically joking about Karl Alzner since the trade deadline. I'm actually laughing because it's such a Bruins move. Acquire guy in his 30's who sucks.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
He is much better in a system that plays to his strength...Montreal wasn’t that place

Like many guys...he got a contract he couldn’t live up to

At minimum contract and on the correct team I expect he can help someone

I don’t feel boston will be that place since we got 8 guys already and a couple kids beyond that ready for a taste

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
If Alzner and Chara were in a foot-race, you would need time-lapse photography to track their progress.
I get your point, but Chara could be slightly slower and still reach the puck first lol.

Chara over Alzner easy

I’m seriously confused over leaving Chara. I get looking at him in a vacuum... but their overall situation, and who’s available?

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
He is much better in a system that plays to his strength...Montreal wasn’t that place

Like many guys...he got a contract he couldn’t live up to

At minimum contract and on the correct team I expect he can help someone

I don’t feel boston will be that place since we got 8 guys already and a couple kids beyond that ready for a taste

If a defenseman can't thrive in Claude's system, they likely are not an NHL defenseman.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
If a defenseman can't thrive in Claude's system, they likely are not an NHL defenseman.
History is full of guys that suck on 1 team then ok on next

Players are people...people sometimes suffer for various reasons in difficult environments

Anyhow his old contract made him poison...he will have a better contract now wherever he ends up

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
History is full of guys that suck on 1 team then ok on next

Players are people...people sometimes suffer for various reasons in difficult environments

Anyhow his old contract made him poison...he will have a better contract now wherever he ends up

Fair but Cassidy and Julien have their team play very similarly in the D zone.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->