Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
What we all think we see and know from our sofas is very likely a far cry from what's actually going on. So to state something as a certainty on here from the couch usually ain't
It’s immeasurable, except perhaps for Z himself, but then again, he’s a guy that probably doesn’t even realize he’s gassed half the time or maybe wouldn’t admit it to himself. I took the OPs post to mean that “it appeared to him” that Z was worn down. Her certainly looks so, based upon an evaluation of his play, IMO.

Reactions: Lady Rhian

BruinFanSam

Mar 24, 2010
Boston
Grizz out tonight - RA reported it on Barstool

Barstool Sports

"Despite reports to the contrary, Bruins defenseman Matt Grzelcyk will not play in Game 5 tonight at TD Garden. In order to return to the line-up, he needs clearance from the doctor but wasn’t able to get the OK after his latest testing."

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario

Barstool Sports

"Despite reports to the contrary, Bruins defenseman Matt Grzelcyk will not play in Game 5 tonight at TD Garden. In order to return to the line-up, he needs clearance from the doctor but wasn’t able to get the OK after his latest testing."
Then he shouldn’t be playing his health is more important,can’t mess around with brain injuries.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

Barstool Sports

I don't understand why anyone would leak this when the Bruins are not releasing anything in order to keep the Blues guessing.

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
it's backes leaking the info. We will hear the conspiracy theory in years to come. Backes pissed at cassidy for being a healthy scratch in game 5.
Texts his best man pietrangelo let's him know griz is out, extend to chara injury. B's game plan.
Pietrangelo suggests a statue outside the st louis arena of backes after he retires, and retire his st louis blues jersey up in the rafters. for the inside
information.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Do you have a link for this bit of info?
I’m with you Chief. I’ve seen no indication of Chara being “worn down”. If it weren’t for a puck to the chops no one would be venturing that.

I have no idea if Chara should play with the jaw or not.

However I’m certain he’s not trying to do so because this is somehow the end of the road.

If this were the exact same circumstances, but G5 of 2011 finals, we’d be having exact same drama because Chara is and always has been a warrior who will do anything to play.

Just like Bergy in 2013. Just like Neely countless times. Just like Ray Bourque. Certain players need to be carried off on stretcher to not play. Most don’t get choice because of Coach and Management. Guys like Chara, Bergy, Neely, and Bourque get extra leeway because of talent and respect.

I guess we’ll find out in a couple of hours.

Special hat tip to Gryz as well. If he doesn’t play it won’t be because he said “no”. Not sure it’s the healthiest way to live, but I’m not a pro hockey player.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Mike Lynch says Grezlyck's Dad said he didn't think he would be playing tonight. Huge void for a small guy. Sucks.
Should be interesting. Lots of intrigue and gamesmanship.

Who knows if Gryz’s dad is being straight, playing the game, or hoping.

I don’t know his health situation but after seeing his head snap into glass like that and how he wobbled and fell, if it was my boy I’d be saying “You sure you don’t want to try for G6, buddy? I want you healthy for a long time.”

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
WEEI put out a whiney piece about how no one picked up Fauria's story on Chara's Jaw because of the stuck-up hockey reporter mentality. I disagree with it... I think Fauria (and anyone else) needs to EARN a reputation as a reliable hockey source. Kind of like the poster above (Gold Black and Blue) reporting CHARA had plates put in jaw and is out. If that same report had come from a poster we KNEW got solid intel and information year after year, it would be different, however, there are so many opinions out there I have to take it with a grain of salt. No disrespect.

now, if Fauria was reporting that "insiders" at the Patriots were reporting blah blah blah - I'd trust him.

On the the actual news. I dont think they would have had Grzylek speak to press and skate yesterday if he were going to be sidelined. I also don't get how dressing 7 defenesemen WITH Chara is a good option. If he is that fragile - sit him. Plenty of leadership in that lockerroom with Bergy, Marchy, Backes etc...

To some people, being first, or being in on it at all is so very important. And to others, they couldn't give a rats ass.

This from TSN this morning https://www.tsn.ca/how-doug-armstrong-almost-blew-up-the-blues-1.1317476

This very forum was talking about it extensively 6 months ago.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH

Barstool Sports

My heart aches for him- I am sure this is devastating for Matt- local boy, grew up going to the Garden with Dad- his family and friends, so excited and hoping he would play.

Respect to the doctor that didn't clear him- obviously some symptom or symptoms acted up again. Maybe next game, Matt.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
WEEI put out a whiney piece about how no one picked up Fauria's story on Chara's Jaw because of the stuck-up hockey reporter mentality. I disagree with it... I think Fauria (and anyone else) needs to EARN a reputation as a reliable hockey source. Kind of like the poster above (Gold Black and Blue) reporting CHARA had plates put in jaw and is out. If that same report had come from a poster we KNEW got solid intel and information year after year, it would be different, however, there are so many opinions out there I have to take it with a grain of salt. No disrespect.

now, if Fauria was reporting that "insiders" at the Patriots were reporting blah blah blah - I'd trust him.

On the the actual news. I dont think they would have had Grzylek speak to press and skate yesterday if he were going to be sidelined. I also don't get how dressing 7 defenesemen WITH Chara is a good option. If he is that fragile - sit him. Plenty of leadership in that lockerroom with Bergy, Marchy, Backes etc...
Yes, but that interview was yesterday. He could have been fine, went to bed, and woke up with symptoms he thought was gone.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
mu gut tells me we`ll see the lengthiest list of Bruins who will require surgery or who were playing with significant injuries that we`ve seen before

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
mu gut tells me we`ll see the lengthiest list of Bruins who will require surgery or who were playing with significant injuries that we`ve seen before

For sure, so hopefully they pull it out here because the team will be on the shelf u til around December I bet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad