Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinFanSam

Mar 24, 2010
Boston
WEEI put out a whiney piece about how no one picked up Fauria's story on Chara's Jaw because of the stuck-up hockey reporter mentality. I disagree with it... I think Fauria (and anyone else) needs to EARN a reputation as a reliable hockey source. Kind of like the poster above (Gold Black and Blue) reporting CHARA had plates put in jaw and is out. If that same report had come from a poster we KNEW got solid intel and information year after year, it would be different, however, there are so many opinions out there I have to take it with a grain of salt. No disrespect.

now, if Fauria was reporting that "insiders" at the Patriots were reporting blah blah blah - I'd trust him.

On the the actual news. I dont think they would have had Grzylek speak to press and skate yesterday if he were going to be sidelined. I also don't get how dressing 7 defenesemen WITH Chara is a good option. If he is that fragile - sit him. Plenty of leadership in that lockerroom with Bergy, Marchy, Backes etc...

Gold Black and Blue

Jan 16, 2014
North Easton MA
Aren’t you that downer posting Blues in 5 after game 2?
After game 4, I posted Blues in 6. I am not a downer...I am a realist. Bruins have to nut up or else it will be Blues in 6...that's all I am saying. Of course I am a Bruins fan, and believe they can win this thing...they just need to start shooting the damn puck any chance they get. They had Binnington on the ropes, and completely let him off the hook by not throwing enough pucks at him.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Multiple posts deleted:

Per site rules: 8) Claims of Insider Information/ Rumors & Hearsay: If you're an insider, contact us with proof BEFORE you post. These posts will be allowed/rejected at the discretion of administrators after consulting with other posters, moderators, and relevant sources. Deference will be given to veteran members who have established credibility. It's not acceptable to post that you heard someone has a drinking/drug/sex/personal problem from a "good" source. Do not post information that can be considered defamatory without a link to a credible media source. Other forums, personal websites, amateur/unvetted blogs, hearsay, and personal testimonials are not considered credible.

BruinFanSam

Mar 24, 2010
Boston
Everything I've seen and heard about Chara lines up with what he said. If it was something he could play through, why didnt get get back out there for 3rd period the other night? The jaw is just as broken today as it was two nights ago.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Both guys are game time decisions per Cassidy

Got a feeling they both play. I for one, am beyond excited.

Even if they’re both in the lineup I’m still dressing Moore. This team desperately needs to keep fresh legs on D, as i would point to fatigued defense being one of the top contributors to both losses.

Bergyesque

Been there, done that.
Mar 11, 2014
Laval, QC, Canada
I still question whether it's in the team's best interest for Chara to play with a broken jaw, but what do I know.
Agree, and we could also question whether it's in Chara's own best interest.
I wonder how effective he can be on the ice. Hard to tell without really knowing the extent of his injury.

If he plays, I'd rather have 7D and play him almost exclusively on the PK.
If the reports are true about Grzelyck, I play Grzelyck with McAvoy. Might not be a "classical" first pairing, but they know each other well and have been pretty effective.

Then, I cross my fingers that the top 6 will wake up as far as production is concerned.

Reactions: Estlin

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
I still question whether it's in the team's best interest for Chara to play with a broken jaw, but what do I know.

I'll say this. There is a chance this series is his last if they win. He's worn down more than people realized as the playoffs have progressed. I know he has a contract for next year but it's for so little money that the Bruins knew if they won this would be a possibility. All hypothetically speaking of course...

Chara will return. Its just a question of Game 6 or Game 7. Chara umm probably wants out there tonight but its very very unlikely. Doctors umm probably don't want to risk it incase something bad happens. Theres ways to protect against these things.

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
Got a feeling they both play. I for one, am beyond excited.

Even if they’re both in the lineup I’m still dressing Moore. This team desperately needs to keep fresh legs on D, as i would point to fatigued defense being one of the top contributors to both losses.

The only reason Chara is GTD is out of respect to Z. No one would ever rule out Chara playing through it but the B's medical staff probably believe its too risky tonight. Will be "cleared" for 6 or 7. But you never rule out someone like him until they list him as out. Moore I'm 95% sure will dress tonight.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I'll say this. There is a chance this series is his last if they win. He's worn down more than people realized as the playoffs have progressed. I know he has a contract for next year but it's for so little money that the Bruins knew if they won this would be a possibility. All hypothetically speaking of course...

Chara will return. Its just a question of Game 6 or Game 7. Chara umm probably wants out there tonight but its very very unlikely. Doctors umm probably don't want to risk it incase something bad happens. Theres ways to protect against these things.

Do you have a link for this bit of info?

Reactions: Neely2005

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Game time decision for both makes sense. Keep’em wondering.

Gryz in, Chara out until a do or die situation should arise. That really sounds like a Bruins move to me. That’s my guess. They’ll save the “oh my God, Chara is going to try to do this,” for that moment. They’ll try to “get by” otherwise.

I’m not sure if it’s best if he plays tonight either. It could go either way. Pros and cons.

I’m gonna choose not to worry about it. It’s really up to the top 2 lines and Rask anyway...if we get their best we’re in darn good shape.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Do you have a link for this bit of info?
You mean aside from obvious eyeball observation? He’s been “skated by” more than once this series and appeared to give up on a goal line play that resulted in a goal. Clearly worn down and now worn out.

He shouldn’t come back in game 5, just for the sake of getting rest alone.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Nope. None at all. I do not have any links from a news source to base that off of. Never called myself an insider but this is a message board with the ability to state an opinion that may or may not be my own.

This sounded like more than an opinion:

He's worn down more than people realized as the playoffs have progressed.

I know you posted:

All hypothetically speaking of course...

It's probably better to lead with that or say in my opinion as it sounded like you had some kind of insight. All good. Just wondering

Reactions: Neely2005

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
You mean aside from obvious eyeball observation? He’s been “skated by” more than once this series and appeared to give up on a goal line play that resulted in a goal. Clearly worn down and now worn out.

He shouldn’t come back in game 5, just for the sake of getting rest alone.

What we all think we see and know from our sofas is very likely a far cry from what's actually going on. So to state something as a certainty on here from the couch usually ain't

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I’ve seen reports that Gryz is in, seen that he’s out and heard from Cassidy that he’s a game time decision.

I’ve seen that Chara’s mouth is wired shut and he can’t speak, I’ve seen that it’s not wired shut and he can speak. I’ve seen that he gave only written answers to the media and that he gave verbal answers.

Nice to know that none of these esteemed sports writers has a f***ing clue what’s going on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad