Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Hopefully Pasta gets in there soon. Its been 4 weeks now. Im worried about his injury the most. He is our Toronto Killer and hoping he gets in at least 10 games before the playoffs.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Hopefully Pasta gets in there soon. Its been 4 weeks now. Im worried about his injury the most. He is our Toronto Killer and hoping he gets in at least 10 games before the playoffs.

I've had the injury and it takes a long time to heal. He's not going to be 100% but it's his top hand. The only issue is that you kind of torque the thumb when you're shooting. I'd rather he waits another two weeks but it's going to depend on what kind of splint they can build because basically all that hand is doing is holding the stick.

Reactions: HustleB

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Just wanting some key players to rest up / save some energy :nod:.

The pretend injury not real injury.

air-bubble-wrap-roll-500x500.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordon Lightfoot

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I thought that was why Krug had had such an awful game last night. Usually he's mediocre in his own end but last night he was terrible.
I can't remember when exactly it was in the game but I definitely noticed Krug being really shaken up after a hit - I think it was in the second period.. He looked dazed after it.

Reactions: blazenlo and BMC

blazenlo

Oct 3, 2005
Maine
I can't remember when exactly it was in the game but I definitely noticed Krug being really shaken up after a hit - I think it was in the second period.. He looked dazed after it.
I saw that too. You could tell he wanted off the ice at the time.

Reactions: caz16

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Here’s the latest update on each injured Bruin:

Torey Krug:

Krug did not practice Wednesday in Winnipeg and head coach Bruce Cassidy said he is day-to-day with an upper-body injury. He will not play against the Jets Thursday.

Matt Grzelcyk:

Grzelcyk remains out with an arm injury sustained during the Bruins’ 4-2 loss to the Penguins on Sunday.

A body check along the boards from the Penguins’ Patric Hornqvist appeared to miss the mark, forcing Grzelcyk’s extended right arm to bare a majority of the contact. Cassidy said he suspects Grzelcyk may return to the Bruins at some point during next week’s four-game road trip.

Jake DeBrusk:

Cassidy said the winger skated on Wednesday and is “progressing well.”

“We’ve always said that once he’s on the ice, he’s a step closer,” said Cassidy. “He could be a possibility [to play Saturday’s game in Boston]. I don’t think any of the other guys would be that are back home.”

Marcus Johansson:

Johansson, the Bruins’ trade deadline acquisition, remains out with a lung contusion sustained on March 6. Cassidy said Johansson will remain out until next week.

Kevan Miller:

Miller last played on Feb. 23 and has dealt with an upper-body injury since.

“I think early on we didn’t feel it was going to be that long, and then he got a second, I don’t know, MRI or x-ray, and they found something else, so that sort of put him at that three-to-five weeks,” Cassidy said.

David Pastrnak:

There were no updates on Pastrnak, who has been recovering from a February surgery on his left thumb, on Wednesday. He did not join the team for this week’s road trip, and the Boston Globe reported Monday he will likely remain out into next week.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Here’s the latest update on each injured Bruin:

Torey Krug:

Krug did not practice Wednesday in Winnipeg and head coach Bruce Cassidy said he is day-to-day with an upper-body injury. He will not play against the Jets Thursday.

Matt Grzelcyk:

Grzelcyk remains out with an arm injury sustained during the Bruins’ 4-2 loss to the Penguins on Sunday.

A body check along the boards from the Penguins’ Patric Hornqvist appeared to miss the mark, forcing Grzelcyk’s extended right arm to bare a majority of the contact. Cassidy said he suspects Grzelcyk may return to the Bruins at some point during next week’s four-game road trip.

Jake DeBrusk:

Cassidy said the winger skated on Wednesday and is “progressing well.”

“We’ve always said that once he’s on the ice, he’s a step closer,” said Cassidy. “He could be a possibility [to play Saturday’s game in Boston]. I don’t think any of the other guys would be that are back home.”

Marcus Johansson:

Johansson, the Bruins’ trade deadline acquisition, remains out with a lung contusion sustained on March 6. Cassidy said Johansson will remain out until next week.

Kevan Miller:

Miller last played on Feb. 23 and has dealt with an upper-body injury since.

“I think early on we didn’t feel it was going to be that long, and then he got a second, I don’t know, MRI or x-ray, and they found something else, so that sort of put him at that three-to-five weeks,” Cassidy said.

David Pastrnak:

There were no updates on Pastrnak, who has been recovering from a February surgery on his left thumb, on Wednesday. He did not join the team for this week’s road trip, and the Boston Globe reported Monday he will likely remain out into next week.

Yikes Kevan 3-5 weeks

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Then that was after he was -4

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Agreed, I saw that play. After, he drifted across the ice, turned when it looked like puck might come back in, then drifted to the bench. Looked totally out of sorts.

Reactions: caz16

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
The Leafs fans are freaking out losing these 5/6 D pairing guy
Their only big injury was Kadri concussion
Exactly. I know all I need to know about them the other night — their stars and their fans.

Matthews scores a pretty goal in the midst of a game they are getting pummeled. Think it was 4-0 at the time. He reacts with a big fist pump. Act like you’ve scored before Austin.

Quick as you can say “self centered star”, a Leafs fan posts a Matthews Scores Nice Goal on Main Boards. A game they lost, during a period where the team is playing poorly.

Fragile fan base. Fragile stars.:laugh:

tonino2424

Sep 28, 2005
Is anyone getting the feeling the Pasta and Mojo are injured more than the team is letting on like I am?

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Exactly. I know all I need to know about them the other night — their stars and their fans.

Matthews scores a pretty goal in the midst of a game they are getting pummeled. Think it was 4-0 at the time. He reacts with a big fist pump. Act like you’ve scored before Austin.

Quick as you can say “self centered star”, a Leafs fan posts a Matthews Scores Nice Goal on Main Boards. A game they lost, during a period where the team is playing poorly.

Fragile fan base. Fragile stars.:laugh:

Needy as all hell the whole bunch

Reactions: sooshii

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Is anyone getting the feeling the Pasta and Mojo are injured more than the team is letting on like I am?

No. Pastrnak's injury was going to take a while to heal (he had surgery) and the team reported he's been skating. They also said Johannson's doing ok

Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad