Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
■ No word was expected Friday on the status of David Pastrnak, Jake DeBrusk, Marcus Johansson, Torey Krug, Matt Grzelcyk, and Kevan Miller. The Bruins are likely to provide updates after Saturday’s morning skate in Brighton.

Krug (upper body, day to day) remained with the team through the end of the trip. He, DeBrusk (left foot), and Grzelcyk (right arm) appear closest to returns. If they participate in practice Monday, before the team travels to Long Island, they are likely to be on the trip.

Reactions: bbfan419 and BMC

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
I'm just praying all those injuries eventually turn out to be a blessing in disguise come playoff time. I know it's a difficult way to get rest BUT they should be well rested and hopefully in good shape when time comes.

I'm convinced if Leafs endured the injuries the Bruins have since the season began, I honestly wonder would they even be in top 8 in conference. Yes the Leafs have a potent offence but when it comes to goaltending and defence, Bruins are alot better at those positions than the Leafs are ahead of Bruins in offence. I'll even go as far to say when healthy Bruins are just as good offensively as the Leafs. But their D cant touch the Bruins D, and that's why Bruins just might win in 5 IF THEY'RE HEALTHY!! Now if only some team can give TB a little trouble and at least push them to 6-7 games..I would absolutely love Pittburgh drop off and finish 8th..

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
■ No word was expected Friday on the status of David Pastrnak, Jake DeBrusk, Marcus Johansson, Torey Krug, Matt Grzelcyk, and Kevan Miller. The Bruins are likely to provide updates after Saturday’s morning skate in Brighton.

Krug (upper body, day to day) remained with the team through the end of the trip. He, DeBrusk (left foot), and Grzelcyk (right arm) appear closest to returns. If they participate in practice Monday, before the team travels to Long Island, they are likely to be on the trip.

6 out of 18 skaters. 33% of the regular team injured.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
And not any 33%...

Lots of key injuries this year all year and multiple at the same time.

Still winning.

Get healthy in time for the playoffs and win the whole thing.
Well...lost the last three.

Hopefully we start getting back the players who are hurt. Pasta is taking longer than I thought he would but better to be sure he is OK.

sigh...These injuries suck.

Reactions: sarge88

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Can the Bruins have some honesty with the Pasta situation? They say he skated and we see one or two videos of him taking a public skate.
Can someone add to this in regards to a more honest timeline than the one Sweeney put forward on trade deadline day.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Can the Bruins have some honesty with the Pasta situation? They say he skated and we see one or two videos of him taking a public skate.
Can someone add to this in regards to a more honest timeline than the one Sweeney put forward on trade deadline day.

On Deadline day Sweeney said Pasta would be re-evaluated in two weeks when cast and stitches came off.
That brings us to March 1..

Original report from Bob McKenzie from day of surgery was expect 4 to 6 week timeline depending on rehab.

So we are still in that timeline window I believe. +/-

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
On Deadline day Sweeney said Pasta would be re-evaluated in two weeks when cast and stitches came off.
That brings us to March 1..

Original report from Bob McKenzie from day of surgery was expect 4 to 6 week timeline depending on rehab.

So we are still in that timeline window I believe. +/-
Thanks, frustration getting the better of me with the leafs win lastnight

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
3/25 will be 6 weeks from the injury for Pastrnak. I wouldn't be surprised if 3/27 against the Rangers is the date they're shooting for to have a healthy lineup. That gives them about 5 games to tinker with the lines before the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->