Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
David Pastrnak sits out three-game trip, likely out another week - The Boston Globe

Grzelcyk was upright along the boards in his own end when Phil Kessel came up on his left said and Patric Hornqvist on his right. His right arm was awkwardly trapped under the Hornqvist hit, dropping Grzelcyk to the ice, where he remained motionless for nearly a minute. His pain was obvious.

“He means an awful lot to this team,” said McAvoy, who added that he was encouraged to hear X-rays were negative. “He gets pucks out as good as anybody, and competes, skating ability, all that. I could dive deeper into it, but you guys all know he is very valuable to us. It’s unfortunate and I hope we are not missing him for a lengthy time.”

Cassidy was quick to say that Steve Kampfer would move into Grzelcyk’s spot in the lineup.

“Yeah, he’ll go in, he’s worked hard,” said Cassidy. “He is going to get his opportunity. Then we will go from there. If we need to look down to Providence, see who’s playing well.

“I hope he heals quickly,” said the coach. “But to think he might turn around in 48 hours might be a little optimistic, to be honest with you — but until I hear from the medical staff, it’s tough to say.”

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Any of the injured coming back on this trip or do you think when they return home?
Thanks

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Cassidy was quick to say that Steve Kampfer would move into Grzelcyk’s spot in the lineup.

upload_2019-3-12_1-9-39.png

Hamilton Brian

Apr 12, 2004
Hamilton, ON
Sounds like what happened to Pasta a few yrs ago. He played on it, then they found it out. I wonder sometimes about our medical guys. Not everyone is super human like Bergy

Right? All the time. I'm like, "How did they miss it..." There also seemed to be a spate of issues that seemed conditioning-related, and again, same thing...what are our fitness/athletic therapy personnel not doing that they should be?

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
So where do we stand with all our injured guys right now? I feel like this thread needs a stickied first post with a list of the current injury with the last updated estimated injury length. It'd be nice to have a consolidated list of everyone with date of injury and last reported return eta. Example: Player X - out 4-6 week from Y date.

edit: Or I could not be lazy, use google, and realize hockey-reference.com has a really nice current injury page/feature. :laugh:

Reactions: jangerhofer

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
The Boston Bruins all of a sudden are the walking wounded. The B's, after a 19-game point streak, have lost their last two games and suddenly have a rash of injuries. Defenseman Torey Krug suffered an upper-body injury Tuesday night in the Bruins' loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets, head coach Bruce Cassidy revealed Wednesday.
According to Cassidy, Krug is day to day and will miss Boston's game Thursday night in Winnipeg. Matt Grzelczyk, who was injured Sunday night in Pittsburgh, remains out with an upper-body injury and might be able to return on Boston's next road trip which begins next Tuesday.

The good news for the Bruins, though, is Jake DeBrusk is back to skating in Boston as he continues to work his way back from a foot injury suffered blocking a shot last week. As you can see in the tweet, Boston made some roster moves Wednesday, recalling forward Paul Carey and defenseman Connor Clifton from Providence. Winger Peter Cehlarik is on his way back to Providence.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Well. That some encouraging news regarding Grizz and DeBrusk. Getting healthy for the playoffs is key. Cant wait to have them back.

Any word on Pasta and Miller?

Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad