Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
i thought broken ribs when he looked in so much pain trying to move.
then thought maybe punctured lung from the ribs when he was in hospital so long.

Well you are the derby winner sir. That’s about as close to what happened as I’ve seen

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
This seems to be close to the best case scenario after seeing the injury last night. I figured separated shoulder, or maybe broken ribs. Concussion-like symptoms from the whiplash even seemed like a possibility. Based on my minimal research, sounds like it's a 1-2 week injury.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Even Dr. Recchi didn't call this one!

Get well soon, MoJo. Hopefully the healing will go well and there'll be no after-affects. I don't suppose he'd be able to do much conditioning though, while he heals, so he may have to catch up a bit in that regard.

sleepyh

Jun 29, 2007
Brattleboro
I bruised a lung from playing hockey. Was out maybe 3 weeks. But I was 16, and I imagine MoJo is in much better shape.. haha. Mostly just hurt to breath from what I remember.. Which is quite often.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
DeBrusk Day-to-Day With Lower-Body Injury

BOSTON - The Bruins announced shortly before Thursday night's game with Florida that Jake DeBrusk would miss the contest with a lower-body injury and is considered day-to-day.

Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy provided a further update following Boston's dramatic 4-3 victory over Florida.

"He tried to skate [Wednesday] and kind of had a tough time," Cassidy explained.

"[Thursday] morning, we didn't go on the ice - only a couple guys went on, so we were going to see today when he got to the rink how he was. It hadn't progressed very well, so we weren't going to push it.

"I've said this before this year, I don't think it's anything major. I don't - and that's our official reports from the doctors. This isn't me just making crap up, but it may be a couple days. He might be ready Saturday. It might be a week.

"But I don't believe it's anything noteworthy that's going to keep him out for an extended period of time."

Reactions: HustleB

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
DeBrusk Day-to-Day With Lower-Body Injury

BOSTON - The Bruins announced shortly before Thursday night's game with Florida that Jake DeBrusk would miss the contest with a lower-body injury and is considered day-to-day.

Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy provided a further update following Boston's dramatic 4-3 victory over Florida.

"He tried to skate [Wednesday] and kind of had a tough time," Cassidy explained.

"[Thursday] morning, we didn't go on the ice - only a couple guys went on, so we were going to see today when he got to the rink how he was. It hadn't progressed very well, so we weren't going to push it.

"I've said this before this year, I don't think it's anything major. I don't - and that's our official reports from the doctors. This isn't me just making crap up, but it may be a couple days. He might be ready Saturday. It might be a week.

"But I don't believe it's anything noteworthy that's going to keep him out for an extended period of time."
He's a tough kid. If there's a way for him to skate and make the tight turns he needs to for his playing style, he will find it.

Reactions: bbfan419

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston

Pasta getting closer

He’s suppose to get the cast off the start of next week than it’s just pain tolerance

So I’d guess he’s back in the lineup maybe next Saturday

Reactions: mg08
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad