Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
I would say it's a shoulder injury.

it definitely is, I've had several dislocations and a seperation and i could tell just by the way he was pinning his arm to his body(to avoid any movement) while getting up that it was a shoulder injury.
I'm guessing dislocation.

If it's a dislocation as long as their isn't extensive damage to his rotator cuff he could be back in 2-4 weeks

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
Doesn't feel good

Crap... I have hard time imagining what can possibly take so long. X-rays are immediate. Concussion is quick. Not 100% sure, but I think MRI is only doable when swelling subsides, but a swelling on a dislocated/separated shoulder to subside will take longer than a day. My take, actually, it may be a backlash issue with his neck. Anything else can be diagnosed fast enough or will not be identifiable in a day.

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
Crap... I have hard time imagining what can possibly take so long. X-rays are immediate. Concussion is quick. Not 100% sure, but I think MRI is only doable when swelling subsides, but a swelling on a dislocated/separated shoulder to subside will take longer than a day. My take, actually, it may be a backlash issue with his neck. Anything else can be diagnosed fast enough or will not be identifiable in a day.
Separated my shoulder a few months ago (unfortunately started hurting again yesterday...wtf), and I definitely didn't need an MRI for it to be diagnosed.

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.

One time when i dislocated my shoulder (one of many lol) i had to go to the hospital twice.
The first trip to the hospital the Xrays didn't reveal any dislocation so they sent me home.
After 12+ hours of pain i returned to the hospital and they had me hold a F***** weight bag with my dislocated arm while taking xrays!! talk about torture lol.

but yeah sometimes something as obvious as a dislocation can go missed.

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
Separated my shoulder a few months ago (unfortunately started hurting again yesterday...wtf), and I definitely didn't need an MRI for it to be diagnosed.
MRI is to identify any tendon/cartilage damage. Separation is diagnosed easily enough, but structural damage is a different pony. At this point it is all just a guess - my own doctor managed to tweak his knee and sheared a vessel inside it. Had to go back to have it drained twice.

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
upload_2019-3-6_10-37-59.jpeg

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
The human body is one giant mystery. One could have every symptom in the world for say a broken bone but when they do all of the tests and scans, it looks completely normal.

I'm cautiously optimistic and hoping that no news is good news.

Something like this reminds us all how fortunate the Bruins are to be so close to one of the best hospitals in the world.

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
The human body is one giant mystery. One could have every symptom in the world for say a broken bone but when they do all of the tests and scans, it looks completely normal.

I'm cautiously optimistic and hoping that no news is good news.

Something like this reminds us all how fortunate the Bruins are to be so close to one of the best hospitals in the world.
Let's hope so.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
it definitely is, I've had several dislocations and a seperation and i could tell just by the way he was pinning his arm to his body(to avoid any movement) while getting up that it was a shoulder injury.
I'm guessing dislocation.

If it's a dislocation as long as their isn't extensive damage to his rotator cuff he could be back in 2-4 weeks
I haven't had the pleasure but it's my notice that the vast majority of shoulder separations etc eventually require surgery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad