Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
And you say Backes sucks.Bjork is a softer then poo in the sun in California .He is never gonna make it in Boston.

I really hope you’re wrong about Bjork. He’s going to be a really dynamic player

On another note, let’s hope this continues and the bad luck is behind him now:

Carlo fine

Any injury scare for Brandon Carlo is probably worth looking at, the way his career has gone. He took a shot off the wrist at the end of Thursday’s game against the Lightning and left for the final two minutes of the game, but practiced in full on Friday and was fine.
“I felt fine,” he said. “Just stung a bit there, but with two minutes left in the game and the position we were in, I didn’t come back. But I’m good.”
Carlo has suffered injuries at the end of the past couple of seasons, and earlier on this year, but is hoping to be fine for the stretch run this season.
That’s what made the end of Thursday scary for a moment.
“Overall, just trying to stay composed and let training staff and doctors do what they do,” said Carlo. “I feel pretty good.”

Bruins notebook: Marcus Johansson faces former team – Boston Herald

Last edited:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Sean Kuraly (concussion protocol) will not face the Devils on Saturday. The Bruins recalled Peter Cehlarik, who will skate left wing on the third line, with Charlie Coyle and David Backes. Joakim Nordstrom drops to fill Kuraly’s left wing spot on the fourth line.

■ A lingering upper body injury will keep Kevan Miller, who blocked a shot nine days before in Vegas, out of the lineup on Saturday for a third consecutive game. John Moore, who like Johansson is a former Devil, will again skate with Matt Grzelcyk.

Patrice Bergeron had a day off, his second this week — he also sat out Wednesday’s practice. (He was dealing with an illness in recent weeks.)

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Sean Kuraly (concussion protocol) will not face the Devils on Saturday. The Bruins recalled Peter Cehlarik, who will skate left wing on the third line, with Charlie Coyle and David Backes. Joakim Nordstrom drops to fill Kuraly’s left wing spot on the fourth line.

■ A lingering upper body injury will keep Kevan Miller, who blocked a shot nine days before in Vegas, out of the lineup on Saturday for a third consecutive game. John Moore, who like Johansson is a former Devil, will again skate with Matt Grzelcyk.

Patrice Bergeron had a day off, his second this week — he also sat out Wednesday’s practice. (He was dealing with an illness in recent weeks.)
Anything on Carlo?
Thanks

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Those 2 minutes that Carlo missed at the end of that game, that's where he would have gotten injured. So we're good! :D

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Todays Globe:

David Pastrnak, out since Feb. 12 (left thumb surgery), continues to skate in Brighton, but remains in a cast. Naturally, the Bruins would like to have their leading goal scorer (31) back in the lineup, but they’re not aching for him to return.

Boston is producing significantly more without him (3.55 goals per game) than they did in 56 with him (2.86). In nine games sans Pasta, they have climbed from the bottom five to the middle of the pack (T-14) in goals per game (2.95). Pastrnak was due to get his cast off next week, then return to play with a splint or brace.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Todays Globe:

David Pastrnak, out since Feb. 12 (left thumb surgery), continues to skate in Brighton, but remains in a cast. Naturally, the Bruins would like to have their leading goal scorer (31) back in the lineup, but they’re not aching for him to return.

Boston is producing significantly more without him (3.55 goals per game) than they did in 56 with him (2.86). In nine games sans Pasta, they have climbed from the bottom five to the middle of the pack (T-14) in goals per game (2.95). Pastrnak was due to get his cast off next week, then return to play with a splint or brace.

Is it his left thumb? I don’t think I’ve seen anything that says which hand

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Hope Pasta comes back soon to help out Coyle who is stuck with a basically checkers.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Pasta another week yet with cast.Read alot on the surgery and some people never get complete movement back and others take up to 6 months.Need to get this guy back sooner then later so he can get that thumb feeling loose cause you know it is going to be stiff..

Bruins Injuries: Good News On David Pastrnak, Bad News On Kevan Miller

he wont be 100% this year i dont think, which sucks, but at least its the top hand on the stick. alot better than the bottom hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad