Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Held for observation sounds like concussion protocol, but his facial reaction when he was hit looked more like "I'm in a lot of pain" than "where am I?"

Wonder if it's ribs. They took Bergeron for observation when they were afraid of a spleen injury and it was ribs/torn cartilage causing the problem.

Then again, it's McQuaid. It could just as well be some bizarre injury only seen in medical journals. Poor guy. :(

He is like the 1960's operation game

I feel bad for him and hope it's ribs and not a concussion

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Ha ha, you forgot that Joe Morrow is still on the team didn't you? :laugh:
No, I didn't forget. And, I hope he finally gets to play as he's been allowed to rot for far too long. OK?

With the possibility of two regular defenseman out, and Liles and Morrow in, there may be a recall to be available in the event of another mishap. Cross and Grant have been suggested.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

In the words of the animated version of David Pastrnak - "I am so confused." So, McQuaid is healthy, and Chiller is either injured or sitting? That's not the news I was expecting.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
NASHVILLE — Adam McQuaid is expected to play tonight after a violent collision with Blues forward Patrick Berglund knocked him out of Tuesday's game and landed him in a St. Louis area hospital for a night of observation.

As a precaution, coach Claude Julien said he'll dress seven defensemen in the warmup just in case McQuaid doesn't feel right at game time.

Colin Miller, however, will miss tonight's game with a left knee injury he suffered in the St. Louis game when Ryan Reaves fell on him in the third period. Judging from the morning skate, John-Michael Liles will take his spot in the lineup.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...am_mcquaid_expects_to_play_for_bruins_tonight

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
NASHVILLE — Adam McQuaid is expected to play tonight after a violent collision with Blues forward Patrick Berglund knocked him out of Tuesday's game and landed him in a St. Louis area hospital for a night of observation.

As a precaution, coach Claude Julien said he'll dress seven defensemen in the warmup just in case McQuaid doesn't feel right at game time.

Colin Miller, however, will miss tonight's game with a left knee injury he suffered in the St. Louis game when Ryan Reaves fell on him in the third period. Judging from the morning skate, John-Michael Liles will take his spot in the lineup.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...am_mcquaid_expects_to_play_for_bruins_tonight

Excellent. Adam is one tough player. :handclap:

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Did Tuukka also take a shot up high in the St. Louis game? Do wonder how it could effect his mindset, if at all, in future games. Some folks here with GT experience may have some insight on that.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Ugg. I HATE those hits from behind.

Rest up Kevan.

I agree but I have to say we have seen worst over the years.

That really just looked like a unfortunate way for both of them to go into the boards. Not sure if the intention was really there.. But then again you could argue Voracek could have let up. Voracek does have a bit of a mean streak to his game.

I hate to say it, but I feel like K miller puts himself into these situations A LOT. He doesnt protect himself enough at times and leaves himself vulnerable.

Last edited:

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I agree but I have to say we have seen worst over the years.

That really just looked like a unfortunate way for both of them to go into the boards. Not sure if the intention was really there.. But then again you could argue Voracek could have let up. Voracek does have a bit of a mean streak to his game.

I hate to say it, but I feel like K miller puts himself into these situations A LOT. He doesnt protect himself enough at times and leaves himself vulnerable.
Bull **** - voracek turned at the last minute to hit miller directly from behind and concussed him. Defenseman need to be able to make a play on the puck there without getting knocked out. Amazed voracek didn't see any supplemental discipline. Hope miller recovered and even the scales when they meet again.

JCRO

Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Bull **** - voracek turned at the last minute to hit miller directly from behind and concussed him. Defenseman need to be able to make a play on the puck there without getting knocked out. Amazed voracek didn't see any supplemental discipline. Hope miller recovered and even the scales when they meet again.

Fair enough.

This hit falls in the that gray area IMO where Voracek should have let up or approached in a different way (bear hug, or whatever) and Miller should have better protected himself knowing the hit was coming but opted to do his job and protect/ try to win the puck battle. To your point of no disciplinary action, it may very well be because Vorachek disguised this hit enough by rotating into Miller with his backside. However it was in the numbers. Again, gray area.

Im not trying to pick on K Miller but he does seem to get himself into these situations more often than most. It comes with the type of play. Gotta protect yourself, the rules arent always going to.

JCRO

Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Rask seeing doctors for migraine problem

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...ukka_rask_seeing_doctors_for_migraine_problem

Can Rask play tomorrow night at the Garden against Detroit?

“It’s too soon (to know), because we haven’t heard from the doctors," said Julien. "I think he’s feeling better. Hopefully he’s good enough to go.â€

FWIW, I had migraine issues after suffering a minor concussion while playing HS hockey. Had to sit out for quite awhile. Every time I practiced/played I would experience it..

Hope Tuukka isnt going through the same thing. The team needs him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad