Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Still can't believe he was practicing and there is a slight chance he could suit up next game.

I was worried he'd be gone for at least a month.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Still can't believe he was practicing and there is a slight chance he could suit up next game.

I was worried he'd be gone for at least a month.

It certainly sounded that way. I just hope he doesn't have a set back from trying to come back too soon. Concussions are tricky and I believe this is his third or fourth documented concussion.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
It certainly sounded that way. I just hope he doesn't have a set back from trying to come back too soon. Concussions are tricky and I believe this is his third or fourth documented concussion.

There's no way he'd be allowed back if he wasn't ready. This isn't the 90s, you can't fake being better anymore from concussions.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
There's no way he'd be allowed back if he wasn't ready. This isn't the 90s, you can't fake being better anymore from concussions.

I think guys could still fake it, depending on the severity. I just hope he's not rushing it to get back in time for the return to St. Louis.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Whats the lastest on Belesky ? Have not heard when he may be returning.
Have not heard zip on him.
Claude Julien on Matt Beleskey earlier today: "I think he started skating yesterday for the first time (since the injury). I think he skated once, maybe twice, but very 'mild' if you want to put it that way. Easy skate, I should have said."

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
“Not ready to be where I need to be to play in the best league in the world quite yet,†said Backes, making his way back from what is at least the fourth concussion of his career.

Backes remained hopeful that he could be in the lineup Saturday when the Bruins face the Panthers in Sunrise, Fla.

“Kind of the speed of everything,†said Backes, asked what would keep him from returning Thursday. “Take three or four days off without a lot of stimulus, not a lot of activity. Even if I was fully functional, which I may be, it’s a fast game and trying to get back up to speed you don’t want to put yourself in vulnerable positions to maybe take another hit to the head and get that compounding effect.â€

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/bruins/2017/01/05/bnotes/OXz3cZ4fESVgUS2hEMDmlM/story.html

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I thought Colin came back after missing a few shifts?

He was back on the bench, but I don't think Claude put him back in. Maybe with the game well in hand, he didn't want to risk it, or maybe Colin wanted to be there? I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure he never did get back on the ice.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
He was back on the bench, but I don't think Claude put him back in. Maybe with the game well in hand, he didn't want to risk it, or maybe Colin wanted to be there? I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure he never did get back on the ice.

Didn't he get on the ice right as they scored that pp goal during kmillers high stick?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Didn't he get on the ice right as they scored that pp goal during kmillers high stick?

Yeah, you're right- that's good news; I must have missed seeing him all I saw was him coming back to the bench. The way his leg bent didn't look good, but maybe he's got a bit of the PJ Axelsson gumby thing going :)

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
This is not a good time, if there ever was one, for two defenseman to go on the shelf. Down on the farm, Rob O'Gara, Linus Arnesson, Matt Barkowski and Matt Grzelcyk have all missed time recently with an assortment of maladies.

Last edited:

bizman

Feb 27, 2009
montreal
This is not a good time, if there ever was one, for two defenseman to go on the shelf. Down on the farm, Rob O'Gara, Linus Arnesson, Matt Barkowski and Matt Grzelcyk have all missed time recently with an assortment of maladies.

Did you really have to include Bartkowski. You sent shivers up my spine.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.

Alex Grant, 2nd on the team in scoring, leader for defense-man on the P-Bruins.

Why not give him a chance?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Any word on Adam or Colin? My guess is high ankle sprain for Colin , shoulder or collarbone for Adam?

McQuaid stayed in St. Louis for observation. Sure sounds like a concussion. You get hit like he did his insides had to be going all over the place

If true this is not a good thing for him and maybe not getting in those 2 fights were a blessing

His style and history are worrisome

Miller is doubtful tomorrow so expect Liles & Morrow and hopefully Cross called up

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
McQuaid stayed in St. Louis for observation. Sure sounds like a concussion. You get hit like he did his insides had to be going all over the place

If true this is not a good thing for him and maybe not getting in those 2 fights were a blessing

His style and history are worrisome

Miller is doubtful tomorrow so expect Liles & Morrow and hopefully Cross called up

Held for observation sounds like concussion protocol, but his facial reaction when he was hit looked more like "I'm in a lot of pain" than "where am I?"

Wonder if it's ribs. They took Bergeron for observation when they were afraid of a spleen injury and it was ribs/torn cartilage causing the problem.

Then again, it's McQuaid. It could just as well be some bizarre injury only seen in medical journals. Poor guy. :(

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Looked like shoulder or something on his right side to me. The way he landed when he fell leads me to believe it wasn't a concussion

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
Looked like shoulder or something on his right side to me.

That's also what I thought watching the video from the angle of the bench. It looked like his arm was folded across his chest and that he absorbed the hit there. Having said that, though, I'm not sure that a shoulder would be reason to hold him. That does sound like a concussion.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA

Ha ha, you forgot that Joe Morrow is still on the team didn't you? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad