Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
When I saw Bergy first go down I thought he'd caught a puck to the head then I saw the replay. It sucks that it is his knee but better knee than head IMO.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
i wouldn't exhale yet until you hear the extent (if any) of that knee

Thu, Feb 2

Patrice Bergeron was struck on the inside his right knee by a shot Wednesday night.

Advice: He came back after missing about five minutes of play, but he didn't look comfortable and sat out approximately the last six minutes of the game. Bergeron was seen limping after the contest. "He tried to come back, so hopefully better than worse," said coach Claude Julien. "We'll evaluate as we move on here."

More: Boston Globe
(Rotoworld.com)

hopefully for you guys he is ok

the rask injury is more concerning for sure

pop and groin are two words you do not want to hear when referring to a goalie

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
The update on Bergeron has been postponed until tomorrow.

On the one hand: Yeah, this was supposed to be a day off for everyone, including media. They're busy dealing with Houston, anyway, so....

On the other hand: Um, they kinda new that last night when they said they'd give an update today.

I'm not in full-blown panic mode. And maybe they're just giving Bergeron's knee another 24 hours to see what he can/can't do, and get a better estimate on how many games (if any) he'll be out.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
The update on Bergeron has been postponed until tomorrow.

On the one hand: Yeah, this was supposed to be a day off for everyone, including media. They're busy dealing with Houston, anyway, so....

On the other hand: Um, they kinda new that last night when they said they'd give an update today.

I'm not in full-blown panic mode. And maybe they're just giving Bergeron's knee another 24 hours to see what he can/can't do, and get a better estimate on how many games (if any) he'll be out.

If his knee swelled up, they might have needed to wait for it to go down to do tests.

I'm still kind of amazed he came back and played two shifts. If I hadn't known he was hurt, I would have never guessed it by watching him skate those shifts. He practically had to be dragged off the ice at first, and then he was limping badly after the game. How in the name of sense do you skate with your leg like that. His pain threshold must be ridiculously high.

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
A little news on a former Bruin favorite who had his career ended far to soon. Brain LaRose of the ProHockey site was answering a question from a reader on Savy 's status. His response was;

"Savard is living in Peterborough, ON and is staying involved in hockey as, like many retired players, he is coaching his son at the minor hockey level. He also has taken up golf and has qualified for a couple of tournaments on a lower professional golf circuit although his physical limitations have made it difficult for him to play a full four rounds. He’s also dealing with some memory loss as well given all of the concussions he has dealt with, the last one coming back in 2010-11 when he last played."

Glad to see him resuming some semblance of a life especially with his kid. Might we see him at some point down the road on a major pro golf tour? Seems he's got game. Continued good luck in making strides to enjoy life once again and for success in all you do Savy!

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
If his knee swelled up, they might have needed to wait for it to go down to do tests.

I'm still kind of amazed he came back and played two shifts. If I hadn't known he was hurt, I would have never guessed it by watching him skate those shifts. He practically had to be dragged off the ice at first, and then he was limping badly after the game. How in the name of sense do you skate with your leg like that. His pain threshold must be ridiculously high.

The man once played an entire game with a punctured lung, broken rib, torn rib cartilage, and a separated shoulder. Before the game, Julien had listed Bergeron as doubtful with a " body " injury but PB37 sucked it up and played anyway. He's like a terminator robot where he just keeps coming.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
The man once played an entire game with a punctured lung, broken rib, torn rib cartilage, and a separated shoulder. Before the game, Julien had listed Bergeron as doubtful with a " body " injury but PB37 sucked it up and played anyway. He's like a terminator robot where he just keeps coming.

It was also rumored that he had a broken nose too. Of course, I remember a game against the Islanders a couple years ago where his nose got broken right after a faceoff. Penalty was called, he skated to the bench, asked for a towel to wipe the blood off, and went right back to take the next faceoff. Didn't leave the ice.

Oh, and he has also survived a Shea Weber slapshot to the chest. If Weber had shot that puck last night, I think Bergeron's leg would have been amputated at the knee.

I guess they will update us on Rask tomorrow too?

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Bergeron has been listed as day to day and will miss practice.

Rask was given a maintenance day and will also miss today's practice

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Both will play Saturday i'll wager...no game until Thursday after that.

Yup, we're lucky the schedule is getting into the part where we're seeing fewer games. Starting Saturday, the Bruins will only play 4 times in 15 days and there's going to be a 4 day stretch in-between games and a 6 day stretch. Plenty of time for the guys that are tired or banged up to get better as we start to the critical stretch run of the season.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

"To the extent that he's allowed." Sounds like the Bruins have finally figured out that Bergeron saying "I'm good coach" only means he's not completely dead. :laugh:

Anyone else shocked he wanted to play? Anyone? Bueller?

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/rask-bergeron-both-skate-bruins-practice-ready-play-vs-leafs

Bergeron was struck by a slap shot on the inside of his right knee, but said after having X-rays, that he’d determined by Friday that he was going to test out his leg for game readiness. After skating, Bergeron there’s “a very good chance†he’ll be in for the important game with four days off for the Bruins immediately afterward.

“It got me right on the side [of the knee]. It got me right on the bone. So there’s obviously no protection there and it was the one spot where I was hoping not to get it,†said Bergeron. “I felt better today, and a lot better than it was when I tried to come back in the third period.

“We know how big this game is and you definitely want to be a part of it. My mind was made up yesterday to get out for morning skate to see how things were going to feel, and I’m happy with the results and ready for tonight€™s game.â€

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Spooner's out, in the concussion protocol:

And in what I'm sure is completely unrelated news:

Funny, I was just thinking about Czarnik's injury from about a month or so ago.

If anyone has a video of suspect hits, post away...not sure exactly when the hit on Spooner happened, but I'm curious...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad