Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
The good news is that goalie Tuukka Rask will be available tonight after having to pull himself out of Sunday's game in Pittsburgh with a re-occurrence of a migraine issue. He did not practice on Monday as he visited with doctors to make sure everything checked out.

“I just wanted to make sure it wasn't related to the puck I got hit in the neck with (in Nashville on January 12). That was the only thing,†said Rask.

It's still a bit of mystery as to why the migraines pop up occasionally for Rask. He had to leave a game two years ago for the same issue.

“There's nothing you can really do except sleep properly and eat and drink properly. That's the only thing, I guess, because they don't know what causes it,†said Rask. “My guess is the schedule has been busy and there's been a lack of sleep, and I've been a little dehydrated. That's the best guess I can give, but nobody really knows how to prevent it or what causes it, I just have to be as rested and hydrated as possible.â€
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...01/tuukka_rask_ready_to_go_tonight_for_bruins

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
He fell awkwardly behind the net . A rut maybe?

His leg folded up behind him and he came crashing down on it full weight and velocity.
Rask actually had to come out of the net and give the kid a push so he could glide to the bench on one leg.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
He fell awkwardly behind the net . A rut maybe?

His leg folded up behind him and he came crashing down on it full weight and velocity.
Rask actually had to come out of the net and give the kid a push so he could glide to the bench on one leg.

yikes, thanks Wally, if there`s a bright lining, he`ll get some time to heal with the all star break, hoping it isn`t serious, it`d be a big blow to that D and put DS in even a worse position in regards to making a deal as they move towards the deadline

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
His leg was bent in an unnatural position when he fell on it; probably a severely stretched or even torn soft tissue. Looked ugly.

*I'm not a doctor, but I did stay at at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Brandon limped past us. Knee maybe ?

I hope he will be OK soon....poor kid.

On TV replay he clearly bent that knee under his body and, as Wally says, landed with what appeared to be full weight.

Not the most gruesome thing I've ever seen, but still would prefer not to watch again.

I will say I thought CMiller was going to be hurt more severely than he was in a similar situation so fingers crossed.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Re: Carlo

From someone I trust.

They're waiting for swelling to go down before they can make an assessment. Could take a few days.

I don't like the sound of that. Best case, with swelling like that, would be...?

Worst case, ACL. Can't get an accurate MRI reading if the knee is extremely swollen. Let the swelling go down, confirm what you thought after doing the stability tests, have surgery. Could be any number of things though. Also doesn't really say where the swelling is.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Fantastic news! It is incredibly important that Carlo keeps developing, in addition to giving the B's a Top 4 guy on the right side.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
I don't know why so many of you were getting so worked up about a potential Bergeron injury .... it is almost like most of you don't realize that Nash can play up in the lineup!

Seriously, Julien was clever enough to promote Riley Nash to 1st line RW for multiple games so why can't he play 1st line C as well?!!

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
I don't know why so many of you were getting so worked up about a potential Bergeron injury .... it is almost like most of you don't realize that Nash can play up in the lineup!

Seriously, Julien was clever enough to promote Riley Nash to 1st line RW for multiple games so why can't he play 1st line C as well?!!

Can't be serious! :amazed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->