Management Bruins GM Don Sweeney addresses signings- All Sweeney Talk Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
But we have Donato and Bjork and Senyshyn and Frederic and JFK and they are all ready to step in and contribute right away, or so I have been told.

This is a one and a half line team with a good top 4 D that is woefully small, not physical at forward beyond Backes and Wagner and relying far too much on rookies improving and prospects being ready. Last years 112 points hurts this team in many ways, if they want to get all the suspect prospects playing time in the NHL they cannot expect to contend, unfortunately the core is getting older by the second and Rask, Krejci, Chara and Bergeron won't be anywhere near as effective in a year or tow as they are now or were last year. Krecji may have already become taken too many steps back to be a top end number two center.

To me it is still a tweener team too old to rebuild too many holes to contend.

They will struggle to make the playoffs if MacAvoy, DeBrusk or Carlo don't improve much less regress.
PERFECT....How have you survived here among the sheep fans who like this inadequate management. Its called "On the fence" management. To scared to jump, and too scared to stay. 3 years have been wasted here no doubt and imagine the cup run we could have had last year had we traded the great next Bergeron JFK or the great Anders Bjork........What a waste of a Stanley Cup nucleus. But from what i hear they have "been in on everyone" who has been traded. In on Taveras, in on Karlson, In on Hoffman, In on McDonough, In on just about everyone....Yet, Sean Kuraly is our third line center and not one of the great kids made the team ?.....How does that happen ?? Just bad luck i guess. October schedule is weak and even a one line team with a solid D should gather some points....But i agree they struggle to make the playoffs....Plus i hear from someone i rode down with in the elevator that 2020 is the year we win it all......

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Did something happened that won't allow DS to change or adjust his roster during the season? Lots of meaningless sadness before a ******* puck drops on the regular season.

Get in the playoffs with a team that can go far, build it up as the season progresses or blow it up if we suck.

win win situation It's all fun

Reactions: Chief Nine

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
3rd line center and 2nd line RW are still needed, Donato has proven nothing and in the few preseason games I could watch he was less than impressive, which is what it is which is really meaningless but I wold like to have seen something from him to indicate he got stronger or faster, he is still the teams best prospect to me but I think a year in Providence would be in order which they can't do because Sweeney did nothing worthwhile this off season. Because there is no 3rd line center Acciari is projected to be the 4th line C, which is not good, at best he should be an extra forward.

I have not been impressed with Moore and don't understand the need to move McQuaid to bring him in, if they have so many wonderful D prospects why not just let them develop and use them instead of getting a journeyman defenseman?

Goaltending has improved and I feel better with Halak getting a number of starts in a row when Rask goes cold or gets injured.
It's really called spinning your wheels....I bet thirty or forty impact type players have been traded the last three years and yet ????.......Nothing to us. I know I know....But We were "in on them all". And i dont believe the goaltending has improved. Kudoby was loved here and he was the perfect backup. Halak is a journeyman goalie who has never had an impact anywhere he has gone. Over rated from day one. Can he get hot, sure, but over all he is an average to below average goalie. This is his sixth team now...ST LOUIS twice. What goalie who is good plays for five teams in ten years ????......Donnie bit hard on the bait on this one.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Sweeney needs one of those sneaky “Kessel to Pittsburgh” type deals where the unloading team retains a bit.

Is Bobby Ryan still a bum? Or can he be a weapon on Krejci’s RW (with Ottawa retaining 3m per)?

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
It's really called spinning your wheels....I bet thirty or forty impact type players have been traded the last three years and yet ????.......Nothing to us. I know I know....But We were "in on them all". And i dont believe the goaltending has improved. Kudoby was loved here and he was the perfect backup. Halak is a journeyman goalie who has never had an impact anywhere he has gone. Over rated from day one. Can he get hot, sure, but over all he is an average to below average goalie. This is his sixth team now...ST LOUIS twice. What goalie who is good plays for five teams in ten years ????......Donnie bit hard on the bait on this one.
I don't know where you got the idea that Halak has never had an impact anywhere... I also don't know where you got the idea this was his 6th team... or that he played for St. Louis twice. Neither of those things are true.

It is true, however, that Khudobin is on his 5th team in 10 years (Boston twice :amazed:). So do you want journeyman backups or not?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Sweeney needs one of those sneaky “Kessel to Pittsburgh” type deals where the unloading team retains a bit.

Is Bobby Ryan still a bum? Or can he be a weapon on Krejci’s RW (with Ottawa retaining 3m per)?

Bobby Ryan already hurt his hands blocking a shot on top of all his other hand injuries. Avoid at all costs

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Thirty or forty "impact" players, in three years? You smoking the good stuff today?

As for Halak, yes, he's average to below average AS A STARTER, and he's now our backup. He's definitely an upgrade over Khudobin. You just don't think so because it gives you yet another reason to shit on Sweeney.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
With Krug's injury, the John Moore signing could be really important for this squad. The wisdom of Sweeney is understated.

Yup I'll give you that. Moore seemed like a "Chara is old, Krug has been injured some, and Grizz may take a step back" signing. Depth depth depth.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

Ryan's hands are a mess. He's finished

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Halak isn’t being asked to be a starter in Boston, so not sure what you’re rambling about. He’s a veteran goaltender who has shown he can elevate his play. IMO he’s a great fit here backing up Rask. Especially down the stretch run so as Rask doesn’t burn out. Khudobin was very good, but I think it was okay to upgrade.

I look positively at the fact that the Bruins have been “in” on these prized free agents. It’s a change from the Sinden era where most UFA’s wanted nothing to do with playing in Boston.

I’m sure Sweeney COULD make a trade to land a big fish if he desired. As a fan are you prepared to waive goodbye to Marchand or Pastrnak? McAvoy or Carlo? Because in order to land an impact player, an impact player will need to be sent the other way. Think Seth Jones for Ryan Johansen. Larsson for Hall. Larsson at the time of that trade was considered a blue chip prospect.

You aren’t getting impact players for Bjork or Gryzlek.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
You always know how to come in and prove just how completely clueless you really are.

I don't know where you got the idea that Halak has never had an impact anywhere... I guess you just don't actually pay any attention. I also don't know where you got the idea this was his 6th team... or that he played for St. Louis twice. Neither of those things are true.

It is true, however, that Khudobin is on his 5th team in 10 years (Boston twice :amazed:). So do you want journeyman backups or not?
Washington, St louis, Montreal, NYI, and now Boston....And St Louis again. Never had an impact on any team.

30281315----855652.39.92401,633
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Playoff numbers 13 wins and 15 losses.......Only started 28 playoff games...In 11 years....What an IMPACT.

The ISLANDERS could not wait to dump him........Plus he is a supposed starter......DOBY was a backup....Big difference. If he was so great why did Montreal let him go when he was a kid.....Why did St Louis let him go ???.....

The guy is over rated and always has been.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Washington, St louis, Montreal, NYI, and now Boston....And St Louis again. Never had an impact on any team.

[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Playoff numbers 13 wins and 15 losses.......Only started 28 playoff games...In 11 years....What an IMPACT.

The ISLANDERS could not wait to dump him........Plus he is a supposed starter......DOBY was a backup....Big difference. If he was so great why did Montreal let him go when he was a kid.....Why did St Louis let him go ???.....

So what in your view is good about this team then? All you do post gripes. Anything good?

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Thirty or forty "impact" players, in three years? You smoking the good stuff today?

As for Halak, yes, he's average to below average AS A STARTER, and he's now our backup. He's definitely an upgrade over Khudobin. You just don't think so because it gives you yet another reason to **** on Sweeney.
I dont need anymore reasons to &%$# on Sweeney.....The players he has bought in since he is here is enough.......

A second round pick for Stempniak, Drew Stafford, John Micheal Liles, John Moore, Zack Rinaldo, Jimmy Hayes.....Matt Belesky, an over the hill BACKES.....HALAK...Wingels, Kampfler........Can it get worse then these scrubs ?????

Thats 11 very little impact......Its actually pitiful..........5 years for Moore, 5 years for Backes at 32......I mean, its mind boggling but if you like those players...What can i say......And maybe not 40 impact players have been traded since the guy took aver.....but twenty five-thirty....Meanwhile where the Big Boy GMs play.......

PK, Weber, Seth Jones, Johannson, Hoffman, Karlson, McDonough, JT Miller, Taylor Hall, Zajinabad, Patches, Skinner, OReilly, Panarin, Hanifin, E KANE......Stansny, Duchene, Fillpula, Taveras, Kessel, Larson, ......Thats just off the top of my head...I am sure there are 5 or ten more.......

We could not use any of those guys....But somehow we have been in on them all....., All to protect guys like JFK who still cant make our team.....God forbid he traded JFK.........Not to mention HAMILTON, LUCIC, CONNOLLY, Colin Miller, Subban, All gone with not much coming back.....

He lets Colin Miller go, protects McQuaid and then trades McQuaid for Steven Kampfler.......WOW.....Thats some great asset management there Talk about being prepared for the expansion draft.

Then passing on Barzal and the Vancouver kid........Even the kid selling POPCORN at the draft knew to take Barzal.....But no....He was smarter then everyone. He has been a disaster.

This guys is lucky DeBrusk has been great and Carlo has been good and Charlie has a chance to be great......But even blind squirrels find a nut every once in awhile.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
I dont need anymore reasons to &%$# on Sweeney.....The players he has bought in since he is here is enough.......

A second round pick for Stempniak, Drew Stafford, John Micheal Liles, John Moore, Zack Rinaldo, Jimmy Hayes.....Matt Belesky, an over the hill BACKES.....HALAK...Wingels, Kampfler........Can it get worse then these scrubs ?????

Thats 11 very little impact......Its actually pitiful..........5 years for Moore, 5 years for Backes at 32......I mean, its mind boggling but if you like those players...What can i say......And maybe not 40 impact players have been traded since the guy took aver.....but twenty five-thirty....Meanwhile where the Big Boy GMs play.......

PK, Weber, Seth Jones, Johannson, Hoffman, Karlson, McDonough, JT Miller, Taylor Hall, Zajinabad, Patches, Skinner, OReilly, Panarin, Hanifin, E KANE......Stansny, Duchene, Fillpula, Taveras, Kessel, Larson, ......Thats just off the top of my head...I am sure there are 5 or ten more.......

We could not use any of those guys....But somehow we have been in on them all....., All to protect guys like JFK who still cant make our team.....God forbid he traded JFK.........Not to mention HAMILTON, LUCIC, CONNOLLY, Colin Miller, Subban, All gone with not much coming back.....

He lets Colin Miller go, protects McQuaid and then trades McQuaid for Steven Kampfler.......WOW.....Thats some great asset management there Talk about being prepared for the expansion draft.

Then passing on Barzal and the Vancouver kid........Even the kid selling POPCORN at the draft knew to take Barzal.....But no....He was smarter then everyone. He has been a disaster.

This guys is lucky DeBrusk has been great and Carlo has been good and Charlie has a chance to be great......But even blind squirrels find a nut every once in awhile.
Well I am convinced. I am skipping the season. Talk to you all next Draft.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
So what in your view is good about this team then? All you do post gripes. Anything good?

Plenty i like...I liked our STANLEY CUP NUCLEUS that has been hung out to dry the last three years . BERGY, KREJCI....Love McAVOY, Love DeBRUSK, Like CARLO.......

I just KNOW...That had this guy has spun his wheels here with no plan, direction or purpose.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Plenty i like...I liked our STANLEY CUP NUCLEUS that has been hung out to dry the last three years . BERGY, KREJCI....Love McAVOY, Love DeBRUSK, Like CARLO.......

I just KNOW...That had this guy has spun his wheels here with no plan, direction or purpose.

You really need to calm the youklnowhwat down fella. :laugh: You're foaming at the fingertips there

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island

[TBODY] [/TBODY]

He was only with St. Louis once. What part are you missing? This is simple stuff.

He had an impact in Montreal where he carried a shitty team deep into the playoffs. They moved him because they had another really good young goalie. Then he had an impact in St. Louis where he posted a 1.97 GAA.

I know your perception of what makes a goalie good is completely f***ed, but yes, he did have an impact. As usual, you have zero clue what you're talking about.

He's not a starter. He's our backup.

This is painful levels of stupidity, even from you

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

So did Don Sweeney just magically stumble into having a team that was contending for 1st place in the Atlantic right up to the last week of the season last year? Three years ago they missed the playoffs for two years? He has no plan? :huh:

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
You really need to calm the youklnowhwat down fella. :laugh: You're foaming at the fingertips there
Maybe, but arguing that this guy has been good for our team is nut's......The guy has been a disaster.

Chiarelli's impact is still being felt in a more positive way then this guy three years after he was fired. Donato, Bjork, Heinen, Rask, Krug, Miller, Chara Pasta.... All players that this current GM has had a chance to build around....And before you say SEGUIN...Which he blew it....The fact is he stole the pick from Toronto in the first place so he never should have had it.....But the players above are all guys he bought in and are integral parts of goig forward......Add thos above to Krejci and Bergie and Chara and the guys we lost Hamilton and Looch.....

This guy has done nothing to help this team win.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
He was only with St. Louis once. What part are you missing? This is simple stuff.

He had an impact in Montreal where he carried a ****ty team deep into the playoffs. They moved him because they had another really good young goalie. Then he had an impact in St. Louis where he posted a 1.97 GAA.

I know your perception of what makes a goalie good is completely ****ed, but yes, he did have an impact. As usual, you have zero clue what you're talking about.

He's not a starter. He's our backup.

This is painful levels of stupidity, even from you
Go ask the ISLANDERS board what they think of him.........Then you can get your answer. Dont be afraid to have your opinion stuffed back......

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Go ask the ISLANDERS board what they think of him.........Then you can get your answer. Dont be afraid to have your opinion stuffed back......

I never said he was some great goalie. No one here has. He's a f***ing backup, man.

Of course he sucked with the Islanders. Look at the pile of shit playing in front of him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad