Management Bruins GM Don Sweeney addresses signings- All Sweeney Talk Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Maybe, but arguing that this guy has been good for our team is nut's......The guy has been a disaster.

Chiarelli's impact is still being felt in a more positive way then this guy three years after he was fired. Donato, Bjork, Heinen, Rask, Krug, Miller, Chara Pasta.... All players that this current GM has had a chance to build around....And before you say SEGUIN...Which he blew it....The fact is he stole the pick from Toronto in the first place so he never should have had it.....But the players above are all guys he bought in and are integral parts of goig forward......Add thos above to Krejci and Bergie and Chara and the guys we lost Hamilton and Looch.....

This guy has done nothing to help this team win.

Then I'm "nut's" (I didn't know that could be a possessive. Amazing)

They made the playoffs 2 years ago and lost to Ottawa. Who, in spite of where they are now, took the eventual Stanley Cup Penguins to a double overtime game 7. They have drafted very well and have rebuilt a barren pipeline (where was Chiarelli's influence there??) into one of the best prospect pools in the NHL.

All this while retooling on the fly which is pretty hard to do these days

And for all those you mention, I give you:

DeBrusk
Carlo
McAvoy

And in the pipeline:

Zboril
Senyshyn
Forsbacka Karlsson
Lauzon
Vladar
Frederic
Vaakanainen

Yeah, that's nut's

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Go ask the ISLANDERS board what they think of him.........Then you can get your answer. Dont be afraid to have your opinion stuffed back......

You've embarrassed yourself in this thread. I could care less what the Islanders board thinks of any goalie when they played the worst system in the league last year. They allowed the most high danger chances in the league last year by a mile and the Bruins allowed the 6th fewest. Halak had a .789 save percentage on high danger chances and .940 on mid danger chances. Both of those percentages are better than Khodobin's. It's not hard to see a legitimate positive impact from the guy.

I know you don't care about "facts" and "evidence" but there they are. I'm sure you will rather just scream into the internet void that Don didn't trade for Valteri Filppula. Yes, you said that. You should have been banned from the board for just that point.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Then I'm "nut's" (I didn't know that could be a possessive. Amazing)

They made the playoffs 2 years ago and lost to Ottawa. Who, in spite of where they are now, took the eventual Stanley Cup Penguins to a double overtime game 7. They have drafted very well and have rebuilt a barren pipeline (where was Chiarelli's influence there??) into one of the best prospect pools in the NHL.

All this while retooling on the fly which is pretty hard to do these days

And for all those you mention, I give you:

DeBrusk
Carlo
McAvoy

And in the pipeline:

Zboril
Senyshyn
Forsbacka Karlsson
Lauzon
Vladar
Frederic
Vaakanainen

Yeah, that's nut's

BJORK, DONATO, HEINEN-PASTA-GRYZ.........Five young guys one HOF potential....And you ask where Chiarelli's influence is. Wow...Just wow......Yet you sell me Senyshen and Zboril.....

The pipeline......I dont see any guarantee's any of those guys are going to be anything.......SENYSHEN ???......He is more Bust then prospect and a FIRST ROUNDER.....JFK....What is he ??? A bottom six player. He was given the third line Center spot on a platter and could not stick........Maybe FREDERIC out of that group.....But so what....by the time they get here, Bergie, Krejci, Chara, Rask, are all gone.....Those guys are nothing special. None of them. Including the two first round picks where he passed on TWO not one but TWO potential HOF players.....VAAK and Frederic but again, If you are so high on Vaak and Zaboril and Louzan....What the hell is he wasting 5 years for John Moore for ????......

Use your head man....

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
BJORK, DONATO, HEINEN-PASTA-GRYZ.........Five young guys one HOF potential....And you ask where Chiarelli's influence is. Wow...Just wow......Yet you sell me Senyshen and Zboril.....

The pipeline......I dont see any guarantee's any of those guys are going to be anything.......SENYSHEN ???......He is more Bust then prospect and a FIRST ROUNDER.....JFK....What is he ??? A bottom six player. He was given the third line Center spot on a platter and could not stick........Maybe FREDERIC out of that group.....But so what....by the time they get here, Bergie, Krejci, Chara, Rask, are all gone.....Those guys are nothing special. None of them. Including the two first round picks where he passed on TWO not one but TWO potential HOF players.....VAAK and Frederic but again, If you are so high on Vaak and Zaboril and Louzan....What the hell is he wasting 5 years for John Moore for ????......

Use your head man....

You throw out "HOF potential" WAY too easy.

Also, you do know just because Moore signed a 5 year contract doesn't mean he has to be playing here for all 5, right?

You telling anyone to use their head is hilarious

Reactions: Chief Nine

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
[QUOTE="JP Nolan, post: 150146387, member: 290935"Including the two first round picks where he passed on TWO not one but TWO potential HOF players.....[/QUOTE]

Which potential Hall-of-Famers did he pass on?

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
I am done....You guys can lobby for the Drew Staffords and Lee Stepniacks of the league....I would have much rather have traded draft picks aver the last three years and built around a proven CUP TEAM...And then if it did not work...Simply trade the Krejci's Bergie's and Chara's to recoup...We had a chance to win cups with a proven team. He took over when Bergie was 29.....And gave him nothing. Sad.

Later.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I am done....You guys can lobby for the Drew Staffords and Lee Stepniacks of the league....I would have much rather have traded draft picks aver the last three years and built around a proven CUP TEAM...And then if it did not work...Simply trade the Krejci's Bergie's and Chara's to recoup...We had a chance to win cups with a proven team. He took over when Bergie was 29.....And gave him nothing. Sad.

Later.
I don't want Stafford's and Stempniak's either, quite the opposite actually. "Fact".

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
[QUOTE="JP Nolan, post: 150146387, member: 290935"Including the two first round picks where he passed on TWO not one but TWO potential HOF players.....

Which potential Hall-of-Famers did he pass on?[/QUOTE]
BARZAL and BOESER who both off their first years have that potential......and not to mention Kyle Connor...........Are you kidding me ?......Like i said, the kid selling popcorn knew about Barzal........But not Donnie.

You can defend the guy all you want.......But the guy was a laughing stock around the league that year.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
BARZAL and BOESER who both off their first years have that potential......and not to mention Kyle Connor...........Are you kidding me ?......Like i said, the kid selling popcorn knew about Barzal........But not Donnie.

You can defend the guy all you want.......But the guy was a laughing stock around the league that year.

holy shit. this is one of the worst takes I can remember reading here

How come none of the teams in front of the Bruins picked these clear hall of famers?

Reactions: Chief Nine

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Go ask the ISLANDERS board what they think of him.........Then you can get your answer. Dont be afraid to have your opinion stuffed back......

Islanders can't talk. They can't even sign their star players to contracts, something you say is super easy and Don shouldn't be given credit for.

He also hired Cassidy which is a big plus.

Then there is that Charlie McAvoy fellow.

It's not all doom and gloom.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Which potential Hall-of-Famers did he pass on?

You can defend the guy all you want.......But the guy was a laughing stock around the league that year.[/QUOTE]

I actually thought his first year on the job was pretty lousy to be honest.

But like a lot of people in new positions for the first time, there is a bit of a learning curve and getting adjusted to the role. I think in Years 2 and 3 he's done a good job overall and am optimistic about this coming season, although probably a bit less so than I was before training camp.

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad