Management Bruins GM Don Sweeney addresses signings- All Sweeney Talk Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
dKH Dissolved Carbonate Hardness

Degrees of carbonate hardness is a unit of water hardness, specifically for temporary or carbonate hardness. Carbonate hardness is a measure of the concentration of carbonates such as calcium carbonate and magnesium carbonate per volume of water.
Chemistry class is my biggest regret because although I had plenty of it with my cute lab partner I didn’t focus enough on what looking back was very interesting class. (Oh and she eventually married one of my friends)

However, if memory serves correct I am pretty sure that when faced with a multiple answer question ~

What is water hardness !

I answered

B. Ice.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
They don’t have but no need to give away

I’ve had many discussions with Dom and my peeps that HF Bruins board grades very poorly (we settled on 80% so not all 20% of you passed) on valuing young players

That’s why you see experts here (snicker)

Propose

Pastrnak McAvoy Studnicka & Lindgren for Trouba

Or

Pastrnak Carlo future 1 (Vaakanainen pick) for Trouba

Incredible

And these are posters here that routinely talk down to those of us here who joined for fun like they invented the game and could GM a team to 82-0

Whatever floats your boat I guess
Or people could just disagree with you on the pool of prospects and Sweeney's overvaluing them. I don't like any team in any sport that falls in love with their prospects, it's why I like Dombrowski more than Theo.

If any of the trinity of Heinen/Bjork/Donato become more than a third line player I will be amazed after watching them but this off season I was told how they didn't need to do anything because they were all ready to contribute and lead the Bruins to the playoffs and build on rookie campaigns. The fact that Sweeney missed so badly on them and the team is still in the playoff hunt is a miracle, especially considering the injuries.

Sweeney's arrogance is why they have Zach Senyshyn, who hopefully manages to have a decent career at some point but he isn't anywhere near the player of those selected around him that Sweeney passed on.

No second line wing, no third line center,no size or grit, no scoring in the bottom 6. Not a formula for along playoff run.

Next year it will be Frederic and Studnicka are the reasons they didn't acquire a third line center because they will both be ready. We'll see. I would rather have Brayden Schenn than pretty much any of our current forward prospect pool. Can add Josh Anderson or Mike Ferland in place of the trinity and I would be happier as well.

I may be wrong, I really hope I am, but I do not see a future so bright I have to wear shades.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Sweeney & Company have developed a top 5 pro roster & top 5 prospect pool

Oh wait? Da Flyers are loaded

Oh yah, I forgot I read last year Samuel Morin is a monster top 25 prospect and Grzelcyk is on team because daddy works at Garden

Bwhahahaha

Just one example

Kudos to me who drafted Morin in the SIM wstched him a few times wasn’t overly impressed with a few things I identified and swapped him to another HF owner before he figured out - letting him glom on to the HF mantra he’s awesome

Folks hate to tell you Donny Hockey is cleaning up

Sorry haters and fake Bruins fans who post here but many of us know you are rooting for failure

You could argue that we're the 3rd best team in our own division...

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Or people could just disagree with you on the pool of prospects and Sweeney's overvaluing them. I don't like any team in any sport that falls in love with their prospects, it's why I like Dombrowski more than Theo.

If any of the trinity of Heinen/Bjork/Donato become more than a third line player I will be amazed after watching them but this off season I was told how they didn't need to do anything because they were all ready to contribute and lead the Bruins to the playoffs and build on rookie campaigns. The fact that Sweeney missed so badly on them and the team is still in the playoff hunt is a miracle, especially considering the injuries.

Sweeney's arrogance is why they have Zach Senyshyn, who hopefully manages to have a decent career at some point but he isn't anywhere near the player of those selected around him that Sweeney passed on.

No second line wing, no third line center,no size or grit, no scoring in the bottom 6. Not a formula for along playoff run.

Next year it will be Frederic and Studnicka are the reasons they didn't acquire a third line center because they will both be ready. We'll see. I would rather have Brayden Schenn than pretty much any of our current forward prospect pool. Can add Josh Anderson or Mike Ferland in place of the trinity and I would be happier as well.

I may be wrong, I really hope I am, but I do not see a future so bright I have to wear shades.
The thing is I’m exceptional in knowledge of hockey prospects ~ perfect no but I forget more than the average fan knows. If we are honest with ourselves that’s the fact.

Then I add the whip cream and cherry with high end hockey followers and professional sources

You add it all together and you get my views

I screwed up though and unlike many I ohm it

Last year I had them top 5 in prospects in October even though I had a handful of folks around the NHL including pro scouts, media folks, former players and connected - very very very very connected friends tell me they are at or near the top

Well I should have listened and not worried about HF posters getting upset with me

The Samuel Morin vs Matt Grzelcyk story told to me was all I needed to know

I’ll stick to they are top 5 again and not worry what a bunch of hacks think

DKH October 2018

105 points 3rd place

Top 5 prospects

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I'd still take Morin over Grzelcyk, based on size and shut down ability I think Morin turns into a poor man's Chara in a couple seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad