Management Bruins facing a PR disaster as Julien and Poutineville are courting Chara

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I love Chara. Put him in the Hall of Fame and retire his number.

My question is; does re-signing him move the Bruins any closer to winning the Stanley Cup???

If the answer is “NO,” then move on.

I’m finished watching the Bruins tread water. Time to rebuild and commit to winning. Time to stop living in the past.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
They lost game 6 because they were scoreless going into the 3rd period at home coming off a close loss to an inferior team they should have swept.

They had turned into the Habs and had no intention of scoring unless they were given a power play. As a result the refs let one of the most egregious penalties I've ever seen go and they scored while Acciari looked at the ref.

Putting immobile Chara at way below 50% back into the lineup cost us a chance to have the mobile blue line we saw close the Carolina series.
Again, putting Clifton in, wins the Bruins game 7?

Sorry man, if there's a D man to fault, it's Grizz. If he doesn't get hurt in game 2 they likely win in 5 or 6.

I'd never fault a D man for getting hurt, but that's just me.

Chara wants to win, I can't see him going to Habs for that reason.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
No, it isn't

Not bringing Chara back could well be the best hockey decision for the team but he deserves better than twisting in the wind.
Yeah it makes absolutely no sense and it's disrespectful. I just don't understand what's going on with this front office. It's like they never played the game. Like they forgot how to treat the players. I'm especially surprised and disappointed in Cam Neeley for allowing this shit to go on. I just can not figure out what's going thru their minds.

Reactions: BMC

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Well if Chara does leaves does that finally mean Bergy gets the C
I don't know if he wants it under these circumstances. Watching Z disrespected like this has to leave a bad taste in his mouth. Maybe their objective is to get Bergeron, DK and Marchand mad enough to ask to be traded. IMO it's a tactic that will backfire. Also IMO, I think it comes from Buffalo.

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
I don't know if he wants it under these circumstances. Watching Z disrespected like this has to leave a bad taste in his mouth. Maybe their objective is to get Bergeron, DK and Marchand mad enough to ask to be traded. IMO it's a tactic that will backfire. Also IMO, I think it comes from Buffalo.

That tactic would leave all but the 15 fans on here who just assume “young....... good. Old..... bad“. Out in the dust and many likely wouldn’t find there way back.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Signing a 1 legged, can't already anymore Miller for the same money Chara would've taken is nothing short of a slap to the face of Chara and complete bush league stuff from the front office.

Chara gone leaves a giant gap in leadership, the locker room and on the ice.

They are about to lose their best offensive and defensive defenders in 1 off-season.

But hey, Kevan Miller is back, yay!

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Signing a 1 legged, can't already anymore Miller for the same money Chara would've taken is nothing short of a slap to the face of Chara and complete bush league stuff from the front office.

They are about to lose their best offensive and defensive defenders in 1 off-season.

But hey, Kevan Miller is back, yay!
And, if we get Hall, if, then we're contenders (if, if, we fix the D too. Need like one top-4 LD), and then if we win the Cup, without Chara, then that too is a slap in the face to Chara. It's like if we win the Cup without Bergy and Chara then, while I'll take it, it'll be bittersweet. I want another Cup with Bergy and Chara, not without them.

Reactions: BMC

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Yeah it makes absolutely no sense and it's disrespectful. I just don't understand what's going on with this front office. It's like they never played the game. Like they forgot how to treat the players. I'm especially surprised and disappointed in Cam Neeley for allowing this shit to go on. I just can not figure out what's going thru their minds.

Delaware North is in trouble.

It is a business designed on constant cash flow and for 7 months there is nothing coming in. It is no different than what local bars and restaurants are dealing with except it is a global problem for them.

The Hub on Causeway looked like they struck gold a year ago and now it is in tatters.

The NHL HAS ALWAYS been a business that was geared towards concessions as that is why the game has 2 intermissions.

Seven months ago life, as we knew it, ended - The worst part is we have no clue when this nightmare will end.

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Delaware North is in trouble.

It is a business designed on constant cash flow and for 7 months there is nothing coming in. It is no different than what local bars and restaurants are dealing with except it is a global problem for them.

The Hub on Causeway looked like they struck gold a year ago and now it is in tatters.

The NHL HAS ALWAYS been a business that was geared towards concessions as that is why the game has 2 intermissions.

Seven months ago life, as we knew it, ended - The worst part is we have no clue when this nightmare will end.
Soooo....

With these massive financial losses, is there any chance Mr. Burns finally sells the power plant?

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts

Leadership that led the Bruins to a:

Game 7 loss at home to Carolina in 2009.

Game 7 loss at home to the Flyers in 2010, Oh, and they blew a 3-0 lead in the series AND in Game 7.

Game 7 loss at home to Washington in 2012.

Game 7 loss at home to Montreal in 2014. I was at that game and they looked completely disinterested. They only guy who played with any huevos was Jarome Iginla. He scored the Bruins’ only goal if I remember correctly.

A loss in the 2016 Winter Classic at our biggest venue on national TV against our biggest foe. For some crazy reason, I’ve never been madder at the Bruins than that day.

And of course last year’s Game 7 at home to the Blues.

Zdeno Chara is a great player and will be in the hall of fame and have his number retired one day. But I’m tired of hearing about “leadership.” What the Bruins need right now is an infusion of TALENT. Chara’s leadership won’t get the Bruins to the Cup in 2021 or anytime after that.

If he wants to come back - awesome. If not, start the rebuild.

Reactions: AM Bruin and Estlin

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Finding a buyer will be tough. But if Jacobs’s losses are bad enough and his company really is floundering, he may have to sell at a discount and that could add players to the mix.

Does Krafty Bob like hockey?

I need to be delicate on this

Historically the Jewish fans in Boston followed basketball and baseball - not hockey.

BTW it must be noted that Jeremy Jacobs was raised Catholic as his father Lou married a Catholic girl from South Buffalo.

The Celtics are worth far more than the Bruins and they have no physical assets

Boston Celtics on the Forbes NBA Team Valuations List

As much as we dislike Delaware North do you want the Red Sox owning the Bruins????

Delaware North sat on the empty Boston Garden footprint for over 20 years until the time was right and the Hub on Causeway was hatched.

Then came COVID

Reactions: rfournier103

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Finding a buyer will be tough. But if Jacobs’s losses are bad enough and his company really is floundering, he may have to sell at a discount and that could add players to the mix.

Does Krafty Bob like hockey?
It would be great if Bob Kraft had a hand in this. I have no idea if he likes hockey. He would be visible which is what fans want to see. Every time we score NESN would show he and his son acting like fans. I don't know if hockey just rubs him the wrong way, but he would be much more likable and accountable as an owner.

Reactions: rfournier103

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Would Chara have re-upped for Kevan Miller money? I’m not sure.

From an optics standpoint, if they don’t get Hall; pulled the offer to Krug and didn’t have any communication with him and as some have said, left Chara twisting in the wind, it’s not good.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
What would Kraft bring to the Bruins that Jacobs doesn’t besides good will?

The Bruins sell out the new Garden, and have since the Clode era.

They’ve spent to the salary cap.

The Patriots under Kraft and Belichick have “cheaped out” on many a free agent class. They failed to surround TB with the most talented offensive weapons available for chunks of the dynasty.

They made business decisions to walk away from many a key veteran cog.

However, they have the sustained success and the Super Bowls.

It’s much harder to win the Cup. 16 wins as opposed to 3 in the tournament provided by you finish 1 or 2 in the conference.

Apples and oranges.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Claude Julien reached out to Chara on Friday according to CKGM - TSN 690

The Bruins need to address this now.

They certainly should.
If another team wants him, they can have him. At this point in his career he can only make a teams defence worse.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
The Eagle didn't tell Orr that Jacobs included an ownership piece.

Came out later that Eagleson promised Bill Wirtz Orr in return for him allowing the 1972 Summit Series to happen.

Eagles was a tit-head. Plain and simple.

With Bobby becoming a minority owner of the Bruins, where would that have left Eagledick? Money wise, none. It's not a players contract. No percentage to Eagledick.
Eagledick just looked out for himself and well knew of the status of Bobby's health and he also was pestered by the Bruins to have up to date reports on Bobby's knees before a players contract was to be offered.
In reality, the Bruins offered Bobby something so much greater than a players contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad