Management Bruins facing a PR disaster as Julien and Poutineville are courting Chara

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
No, I don't think it would ever get that far to be honest, and I don't think he would re-sign if he really believed there was a chance he would be in the pressbox most nights. But really, I wish they would just sign him as a d-man coach and keep him around to teach the young guys, be a presence on the bench and in the room, those things about him that are still really valuable.
Totally agree sign him as a d-man and coach. ;)

Reactions: hrdpuk and Dr Hook

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
Admittedly I don't understand the intricacies of metrics
How much are Z's metrics effected by play with Mac who is compensating for some of Z's weaknesses

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I am second to no one in my respect & admiration for Zdeno Chara, not just as a future HHOFer but as a person.

If he signs with Montreal he is dead to me. I don't give a flying f*** about logic or reason. This would be the equivalent of David Ortiz signing with the New York Yankees.

Reactions: rfournier103

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
He's a hockey player. If he still wants to play in the NHL and the Bruins don't have him back, should he just not sign for a team that makes him an offer because of some fan feelings? I could not care less if he signs in MTL, TOR, NYR, PIT, PHI (my top five hated list) if that is what he wants to do. He gave us a lot of good years and doesn't owe us anything.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I wish he would have hung them up and went out playing at a semi decent level. Regular season he was fine but playoffs, sheesh everyone knew it was time. Just like old boxers who hang on way too long and it becomes just sad. I wanted him to transition into a coaching role, maybe Claude said come here and next year be my assistant.

Reactions: Dr Hook

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
No worries, Habs want to exploit teams with their speed. How is Chara going to look with them. After the Patch incident we find the Habs spreading their cheeks for Big Z.

Why worry? Having Chara with the Bruins has helped and hindered the youngs at the same time (maybe management more), time to go.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Please please please just let him go.

I am still furious he inserted himself injured into the St Louis series. Was the difference IMO.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
That has to be one of the strangest signings in a long time. WTF? :huh: It makes even less sense than signing Par Lindholm last summer. But you are right, Bruins hopefully have met their quota for broken down unable to play even 3rd pairing in the NHL any longer defensemen.

They might have liked what they saw before the shutdown in practice.

Very very weird injury. And then reinjury. But if there is one thing the guy has had its TIME to heal from it.

Guys like him fall off cliffs around his age I understand the sentiment but if we are losing Chara and Krug (intentionally) I get this move if they don't love the prospects. You want them to give someone they don't like a 5 year deal?

You might see a lot of posts when hockey returns to the likes of 'wow I was wrong Kevan Miller looks good.'

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
They might have liked what they saw before the shutdown in practice.

Very very weird injury. And then reinjury. But if there is one thing the guy has had its TIME to heal from it.

Guys like him fall off cliffs around his age I understand the sentiment but if we are losing Chara and Krug (intentionally) I get this move if they don't love the prospects. You want them to give someone they don't like a 5 year deal?

You might see a lot of posts when hockey returns to the likes of 'wow I was wrong Kevan Miller looks good.'

According to Miller, he would not be medically cleared to play as of today, so that kind of puts that out to pasture.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
What a dump. One side of the rink is just a block wall above the boards.

OT: I had the radio stolen out of my car there in 1992, lol.
When we played there back in the late 70s through the late eighties we would have at least on or two guys who complained of the same and then occasionally the whole car gone..

Reactions: PlayMakers

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
At some point the Bruins ordered them to take down the huge Bruins logo where that present sign is. Free advertising and they wanted them to pay to display it. A-Holes!

Reactions: BMC

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Please please please just let him go.

I am still furious he inserted himself injured into the St Louis series. Was the difference IMO.

Really?

Because they lost Game 5 on a brutal non-call on Bozak.

They won Game 6

Game 7 they removed Clifton and inserted Moore. So are you saying that had the Bruins sat Chara and kept Clifton in the line-up they win Game 7?

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
The guy is 43 and a half, if he plays on another team it is not like losing a player in his prime.

I would sign him for a year at $1 mil then have him retire no matter what.

I honestly dont get why long time one club players leave for another, kinda tarnishes their careers.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Would have been fine signing Chara to the Miller contract, and let Miller find work elsewhere.

This said... Chara would likely be dressed more nights than warranted just because of reputation. Bruins don't want him going out the way of Chelios, at least on their roster.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Really?

Because they lost Game 5 on a brutal non-call on Bozak.

They won Game 6

Game 7 they removed Clifton and inserted Moore. So are you saying that had the Bruins sat Chara and kept Clifton in the line-up they win Game 7?

They lost game 6 because they were scoreless going into the 3rd period at home coming off a close loss to an inferior team they should have swept.

They had turned into the Habs and had no intention of scoring unless they were given a power play. As a result the refs let one of the most egregious penalties I've ever seen go and they scored while Acciari looked at the ref.

Putting immobile Chara at way below 50% back into the lineup cost us a chance to have the mobile blue line we saw close the Carolina series.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
According to Miller, he would not be medically cleared to play as of today, so that kind of puts that out to pasture.

If thats the case we brought him back because someone was going to give him 1.5 guaranteed to be the 7th D and fight a little.

If you like the LD prospects you can't hate the Miller signing because he won't neccessarily block them like Chara would.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad