Post-Game Talk: Bruins def. Canucks - 3-2 (Pearson, Garland)

KingofSurrey

Jan 15, 2020
in da hood
giphy.gif

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
I realize the season is toast but changes need to be made NOW if for no other reason than to build for next season. If we could finish the year on a positive note it will go a long way towards a decent start next year. I don’t think they can afford to let this go on much longer.
I assume it's either Olympic break or end of season at this point.

I'm honestly numb to both choices. Olympic break takes the trash out sooner but end of season would prolong the tank for a higher pick.

Reactions: mossey3535

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
At this rate, I say f*** it.

Don’t change a thing.

Keep f***ing losing.

Eventually change will be forced when everyone asks for a trade.

I want to see it burn.
I'd share the feeling but every extra day Benning remains employed is an opportunity to make a trade that will kneecap whoever comes after him.

Reactions: mossey3535

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Pettersson basically benched in the third period.....and completely AWOL in the the last minute with the team trying to press for the tie.

When your highest paid player is a guy you can't even be relied on to play when it counts, then that's just about as bad as it gets.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
The most surprising thing is that they keep rolling out the same lineup. At the very least you could switch out Dowling and Chiasson for a couple bodies from Abby or give any defenseman with a pulse an opportunity instead of rolling Burroughs and Schenn out there.

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
I agree but truth is a good pk and pp make a team confident it can score or get some momentum which helps flow ,they get lots of pp opportunities that is working and using skills if they cashed in some had an avg pk this mess is only half as bad at worst.

That is true not denying that for momentum, but what happened last year before covid hit? Was the pk and pp that bad as well?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The Canucks are rapidly closing in on the Buffalo Sabres of recent years, in terms of morbid curiosity around the league. How can a franchise fall so low and so far, without any major changes being made?

Ownership is looking like complete fools right now, so at least the mud is landing on the right doorstep.

Reactions: Wo Yorfat

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
That is true not denying that for momentum, but what happened last year before covid hit? Was the pk and pp that bad as well?

Based on covid that hit last years team its hard to put any judgement on what else went wrong , what is consistent is coaching issues bench management and line juggling that created no success then patterns of shortening bench to hold leads failing and this year special teams and im sure others could add more but largely coaching hasnt been close to good enough for some time .

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
Based on covid that hit last years team its hard to put any judgement on what else went wrong , what is consistent is coaching issues bench management and line juggling that created no success then patterns of shortening bench to hold leads failing and this year special teams and im sure others could add more but largely coaching hasnt been close to good enough for some time .

Hence why I said before they were hit with covid, because after, yes to hard to properly evaluate, but prior not really an excuse imo, I'm not trying to claim they were tops in the league but it wasn't as bad as this year, so it has to be something else and that's this crap system under Green imo has been for years, it's not just the pp and pk.

Reactions: bbud

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Hence why I said before they were hit with covid, because after, yes to hard to properly evaluate, but prior not really an excuse imo, I'm not trying to claim they were tops in the league but it wasn't as bad as this year, so it has to be something else and that's this crap system under Green imo has been for years, it's not just the pp and pk.

We started last season 8-14-2. If we beat the terrible Montreal and Ottawa teams to close out this road trip we will have the exact same start to the season this year as last year.

People were really burying their head in the sand about how lousy we were last year and then after the season ended they weirdly made up stupid narratives about how COVID ruined the season which made no sense.

It should be utterly no surprise to anyone that a last-place team from last season is a last-place team again this year, but somehow certain people are shocked and baffled by this.

FireBenningNow

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
The most surprising thing is that they keep rolling out the same lineup. At the very least you could switch out Dowling and Chiasson for a couple bodies from Abby or give any defenseman with a pulse an opportunity instead of rolling Burroughs and Schenn out there.

I know it doesn't really matter but I totally, been thinking this for weeks. This team obviously isn't good enough, why not bring up some speed in Lockwood at the very least. All just baffling moves by the most inept franchise in Hockey.

Reactions: MS and Indiana

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
We started last season 8-14-2. If we beat the terrible Montreal and Ottawa teams to close out this road trip we will have the exact same start to the season this year as last year.

People were really burying their head in the sand about how lousy we were last year and then after the season ended they weirdly made up stupid narratives about how COVID ruined the season which made no sense.

It should be utterly no surprise to anyone that a last-place team from last season is a last-place team again this

year, but somehow certain people are shocked and baffled by this.

Well what kind of shocked me last year is they played their best stretch of hockey when EP went down with an injury before they were hit with covid

steve-carell-wow.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad