Post-Game Talk: Bruins def. Canucks - 3-2 (Pearson, Garland)

May 31, 2006
That's a surprisingly long suspension.

Seems like a pretty clear signal that the next time Marchand injures a guy with a headshot he'll get the book thrown at him (15+ games).

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Surprised at the length of the suspension after the ongoing Subban fines for repeatedly doing the same thing. Obviously Marchand's history played a huge part.

Like I said earlier in this thread, I couldn't really care less about Marchand at this point. It feels like being angry about a traffic dispute years ago while you're watching your house burn down. Just so insignificant after the disaster that has happened to this franchise since 2014.

I can be mad at multiple things.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Surprised at the length of the suspension after the ongoing Subban fines for repeatedly doing the same thing. Obviously Marchand's history played a huge part.

Like I said earlier in this thread, I couldn't really care less about Marchand at this point. It feels like being angry about a traffic dispute years ago while you're watching your house burn down. Just so insignificant after the disaster that has happened to this franchise since 2014.
I think Marchand becoming a hall of fame caliber player has eased some of the pain of that loss. Had he just been a Burrows or Cooke type after it would be like “we let that guy dominate physically and on the scoresheet”? But he’s phenomenal.

Reactions: timw33

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Vancouver should really be on a 3 game winning streak because they outplayed the Bruins in this one.

Sometimes the team plays like they can have no weaknesses, but some players like Dowling, Hunt, Lammikko have nothing to offer. At least Burroughs and Poolman are contributing good plays, holding their own, etc.

Highmore is a good 4th liner that fits better than Dowling/Lamikko. Too bad he's hurt, same with Sutter.

Definitely can't say we have depth, even though our top 10/11 forwards and top 4 D are above-average in the league. Would like to see Rathbone, Lockwood or Di Giuseppe a chance in the NHL.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Vancouver should really be on a 3 game winning streak because they outplayed the Bruins in this one.

Sometimes the team plays like they can have no weaknesses, but some players like Dowling, Hunt, Lammikko have nothing to offer. At least Burroughs and Poolman are contributing good plays, holding their own, etc.

Highmore is a good 4th liner that fits better than Dowling/Lamikko. Too bad he's hurt, same with Sutter.

Definitely can't say we have depth, even though our top 10/11 forwards and top 4 D are above-average in the league. Would like to see Rathbone, Lockwood or Di Giuseppe a chance in the NHL.
Nobody brings their A game when they play us.

What a f***ing waste of a season.

Thanks Franky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad