Post-Game Talk: Bruins def. Canucks - 3-2 (Pearson, Garland)

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Hughes' overall TOI is weird because his pairing is pretty obviously the 2nd pairing through 40 minutes but then Green plays him like prime Bobby Orr in the last 10-15 minutes of games they're trailing. And they're trailing every single game basically.

In games like last night where Boston only took the lead very late, his icetime looks like regular 2nd pairing icetime. In games where we're chasing the lead for the whole 3rd period, he barely leaves the ice late and that bumps him up to the 25+ minute range.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Ok man. Have it your way. He is getting the heavy minutes like a true first pair defender while being a stud at ES,PP,and PK.
Arguing with you Jimbo fans is getting me tired like Juolevi was after the bag skate. You guys run from facts like plague. :laugh:

I’m not a benning fan. Hilarious how you can’t make a proper argument and just default to throwing false insults cause you have no clue what you’re talking about lol

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Hughes' overall TOI is weird because his pairing is pretty obviously the 2nd pairing through 40 minutes but then Green plays him like prime Bobby Orr in the last 10-15 minutes of games they're trailing. And they're trailing every single game basically.

In games like last night where Boston only took the lead very late, his icetime looks like regular 2nd pairing icetime. In games where we're chasing the lead for the whole 3rd period, he barely leaves the ice late and that bumps him up to the 25+ minute range.

It's not weird by Green's standards. Previous years Myers would play in what is obviously the 3rd pairing only to finish with first or second most TOI.

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015

Hi Guys leaf fan browsing the boards in Peace.
We share a hatred. Feel free to use this whenever the need arises.

Your welcome :)

upload_2021-11-29_15-9-52.png

likash

Apr 17, 2019
Someone should have "Prusted" the rat. He has no Chara or Lucic to back him up. Boston is softer these days.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Am I the only one who noticed the little kid wearing the Canucks jersey (in that rink no less) hanging his hand out for high 5's after the loss as the guys went from the bench down the tunnel? I get it's covid, but none of them gave him a bump or high 5 or anything, and I was just really disappointed by that. That pissed me off more than any of these losses.

likash

Apr 17, 2019
Who the f*** is going to do that on the softest canucks team ever assembled?
I know and this bothers me. This was a time to bully Boston and give some payback to the rat but our glorious leader threw away Mac and Gadj for free. You can;'t have those guys infect the team with courage. :sarcasm:

IslandBeast

Apr 19, 2015
V.I
It's just embarrassing that this slew foot went public. Marchand is loving it right now. We had no response now the whole league is seeing it....again

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
seems like there should be some egg on the officials' faces that marchand was allowed to slew foot OEL without a penalty, stay in the game, score the game-tying goal, assist on the GWG off a fairly chintzy checking from behind call on OEL when the guy turtled into a hit-me-in-the-back on him, and then scores the EN that would have iced it if it hadn't been disallowed when green caught the clear offside that the refs missed, right?

right?

right?

but those motherf***ers sure came in quick to save marchand when horvat pulled him out of that scrum in front of the net in the first period and looked ready to pound him

likash

Apr 17, 2019
seems like there should be some egg on the officials' faces that marchand was allowed to slew foot OEL without a penalty, stay in the game, score the game-tying goal, assist on the GWG off a fairly chintzy checking from behind call on OEL when the guy turtled into a hit-me-in-the-back on him, and then scores the EN that would have iced it if it hadn't been disallowed when green caught the clear offside that the refs missed, right?

right?

right?
NHL refs are like Mafia. They don't give a ......

Reactions: vadim sharifijanov

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
The league actually did the correct thing. Refs missed it on the ice and I can see that at the speed the play happened at. But I never expected the league to go back and look at it. I think they have to be given some kudos.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Surprised at the length of the suspension after the ongoing Subban fines for repeatedly doing the same thing. Obviously Marchand's history played a huge part.

Like I said earlier in this thread, I couldn't really care less about Marchand at this point. It feels like being angry about a traffic dispute years ago while you're watching your house burn down. Just so insignificant after the disaster that has happened to this franchise since 2014.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad