Confirmed with Link: Bruins cut ties with Mitchell Miller( MOD warning post 410)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

So this game changing problem was someone else’s responsibility per Cam

This would have to be the GM Donny

And if the family had any issue you can’t proceed

If she was fine with this ok but you still have to consider sponsors, Willie O’Ree, an understanding from the league of a process - then if it gets that far you call your team leaders into a room brief them on everything that got you to that point and ask for honest dialogue how would you feel being his teammate

I’m so bleeping stunned how it is being presented

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
Given how the Bruins players feel, I'm betting the NHLPA walks away

If hes not eligible to play in the NHL would the player association even get involved?

If Harkins is the only one to lose his job, that would be weak. From what I’ve gathered here, Neely should be out imo
This would be a fantastic Christmas gift take Sweeney too

Reactions: BMC and sarge88

bp14

Mar 17, 2022
So this game changing problem was someone else’s responsibility per Cam

This would have to be the GM Donny

And if the family had any issue you can’t proceed

If she was fine with this ok but you still have to consider sponsors, Willie O’Ree, an understanding from the league of a process - then if it gets that far you call your team leaders into a room brief them on everything that got you to that point and ask for honest dialogue how would you feel being his teammate

I’m so bleeping stunned how it is being presented
Given the utter lack of PR savvy Neely and Sweeney have shown in their entire tenure, I’m not sure how this could surprise you Dan.

Reactions: DKH

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
me too.
then the nhlpa has 60 days to grieve the decision.

Is Miller protected by the NHLPA? Not having played a pro game he's technically not a member. I know some unions have authority/responsibility to defend the rights of all employees in their field regardless of whether they're an actual enrolled member of the union or not if it affects labor relations with the employer in the big picture.

Doesn't seem like a hill the NHLPA is going to be happy to die on either way.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Is Miller protected by the NHLPA? Not having played a pro game he's technically not a member. I know some unions have authority/responsibility to defend the rights of all employees in their field regardless of whether they're an actual enrolled member of the union or not.

The NHL certified his contract (despite apparently not knowing about any of this lol). When that happened, he became part of the NHLPA.

• Wow
Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Is Miller protected by the NHLPA? Not having played a pro game he's technically not a member. I know some unions have authority/responsibility to defend the rights of all employees in their field regardless of whether they're an actual enrolled member of the union or not.

Who is eligible for membership in the NHLPA?

Any player on a current NHL roster is an NHLPA member

per the NHLPA website.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Do you see a possibility where the NHLPA gets the contract reinstated, and the Bruins decide since he's here we're gonna "rehabilitate" him?

Or do you think even if it's reinstated they just pay him to stay home?

nope.
not in a million years.
nobody has the right to play or even be at a rink.
pay is a whole different matter.

Reactions: MarchysNoseKnows

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
They either lied before or they're lying now. (I believe they're lying now.) Can't have it both ways.

But either way, a total f*** up of unimaginable proportions. They are incompetent.

You know what?

If this was anything other than gross incompetence, then the decision was made to sign this kid knowing the full story. And signing him anyway.

If that's the case, and Bruins management thought they would get away with it, that too was a colossal misreading of fan & media reaction; a reaction anyone with a brain could have predicted.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Be an interesting legal road.

I'd be surprised if they didn't get out of Cap Hit though. First and foremost because they told Bill Daly about the move to sign him. Then when outcry got so big, Gary Bettman said there was no certainty that the kid would ever make the NHL. Ergo - we cut ties.

Now, I'm not saying Bruins were innocent victims here - they were not. I also don't want to see the Cap screwed up by this shit show.

So if I were the Bruins I'd tell Gary the Weasel that the League needs to help the Cap issue go away -- that or we provide dates and times that Bruins talked to Daly and put Bettman's balls in the public outcry vice.

I'd love to see a story "NHL ok'd signing of Miller. Changed story once public outcry grew:.
hmmmm .... you don't think that will fly?

Bettman said publicly .... that the Bruins never consulted with him/NHLPA prior to vetting/signing Miller

BeLeafing

Jun 5, 2017
As a Leafs fan riddled with years of trauma from this franchise and players, nothing but respect for the Bruins players and fans here.

Quite confident most NHL players would give nothing answers about the signing and allow it to be swept under the rug. Very commendable the way Bergeron, Marchand, Foligno, and co. stood up to their own management.

Fans deserve a lot of credit for keeping the pressure on too, since it's clear the idiots running the organization would've done nothing if not for the pushback.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Harkins deleting tweets like a puke is absolutely hilarious. What a man of conviction!
I’m guessing like MM he was directed to deleted as a show of remorse. Still the bosses will have screenshots and he is done. But still who else. I want more significant action. Preferably by resignation.

Reactions: BMC

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
nope.
not in a million years.
nobody has the right to play or even be at a rink.
pay is a whole different matter.

I know the NHLPA cant force the Bruins to let him play.

I meant more like do you think the Bruins brass would use the NHLPA reinstating the contract as an excuse to go forward with their original plan of integrating Miller into the fold (after doing their PR spin and giving their help). They would spin it like "Well since the contract is reinstated and he is a member of the Bruins Org we are going to move forward with helping MM" or something like that.

Or are they at least smart enough to know the fanbase would rather he get paid to sit out than get a second chance?

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I know the NHLPA cant force the Bruins to let him play.

I meant more like do you think the Bruins brass would use the NHLPA reinstating the contract as an excuse to go forward with their original plan of integrating Miller into the fold (after doing their PR spin and giving their help). They would spin it like "Well since the contract is reinstated and he is a member of the Bruins Org we are going to move forward with helping MM" or something like that.

Or are they at least smart enough to know the fanbase would rather he get paid to sit out than get a second chance?

dont see it happening.

in no part order if nhlpa files grievance.
a mutual termination based on a dollar figure.
pay in full this year and tell him to stay away and then buyout in window in off season.
pay for next 3 years and totally freeze him out from going or playing anywhere

off top of my head.

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
My voice will be vanishing a bit because I have 2 new weekday projects

But weekends will be around

I’ll be the one person here that doesn’t think the Bruins will fold and scarred forever

Let’s me and you talk mid June and see where they are - we got a date here ? Let me know what day works for you 😂

😂😂 Whatever works for you! Haha you know I'm always here!

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Bergeron also said that he understands why fans were so upset about the signing, but that he wants them to know that the players’ values have not changed.

“I understand them. That being said, for us nothing has changed as far as who we are as individuals and as a person and as a culture in this locker room and what our core values are, really,” Bergeron said. “So, as much as I understand them -- we hear you, and we feel like our values remain the same. That’s what we stand for.”

Individuals, person, culture in the room

No mention of management

Go Bergy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad