Confirmed with Link: Bruins cut ties with Mitchell Miller( MOD warning post 410)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
Only on page 12 so far but I truly hope they fire Hawkins. Per his tweets, he seems like a real DB. The whole blowback had just started on Twitter on Friday and he tweeted, "LOL". That tweaked my radar.

I'm wondering if that's who Dom was referring to in "someone recently promoted". He and Miller are both from northern Ohio, towns not too far apart. Maybe Miller's parents and their hockey clique looked through various teams' NHL scouts to find ones from the area that they could reach out to with what a catch this kid would be, obviously leaving out all the nastiness.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Exactly. How can you hang a banner for Willy O'Ree and then turn around and try to make a move like this? The mind, it boggles.

@Gee Wally had said that he heard Willy had reached out to Jacobs Sr. On this issue. And it definitely wasn't to offer his services.

I think whatever Willy said played a big part in Miller being let go. I mentioned earlier I wouldn't be surprised if an ultimatum was given.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
What does hiring Chara have to do with the current mess?

Because I can see the Bruins and the way they operate. They will want to bring in someone to satiate the mob with the pitchforks at the door so Jacobs will likely try to bring in someone the fans are comfortable with like Chara post jersey retirement into the front office.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
People like her are my actual heroes. I'm not being glib or exaggerating, either.

My husband is adopted. Easily passes for Italian, but we did an Ancestry.com test and he does have some mixed race in there.

As much as a pain in the ass as my mother in law could be (God rest her soul), the fact that she took an 18 month old from an orphanage in Florida and raised him as her own, and that person turned out to be my partner in life...woman is a saint who I will always owe a debt of gratitude.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I don’t get how people can really buy that the scout is only one at fault lol, they(Neely/Sweeney) hired the guy, and chose to trust him for his word rather than simply looking at completely public information about the player. That’s their fault.
Who has said only the scout is at fault? Feels very strawmanny.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
like I said yesterday. Id ream Charlies ass. Order him to move Cam somewhere anywhere. Have him shake hands and kiss babies but no more team decisions l Start looking for a new hockey president. Have that dude decide Sweeney fate.
Then Id finish my bottle of crown royal.

The incompetence in vetting Miller is astonishing, never mind misreading fan reaction & predictable media indignation.

I don't know if Charlie needs to go somewhere else, but Cam certainly does.

I *still* have no idea, literally, what he does as President of the Boston Bruins since. He got the gig in 2010, for heaven's sake.

Reactions: BMC

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
We’ll, we know how tone deaf the FO is, let’s see how much the ownership is. Hate to be Charlie…..

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Patrice is a class act

What he should really say is...

This could be my last season.... and this is the parting gift you give me?

You fr@##$ clowns

When the victim mom made an invitation for Bergy, Marchand, Foligno to drop by/to discuss what happened. I had a feeling it was over/terminate Miller contact

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
My husband is adopted. Easily passes for Italian, but we did an Ancestry.com test and he does have some mixed race in there.

As much as a pain in the ass as my mother in law could be (God rest her soul), the fact that she took an 18 month old from an orphanage in Florida and raised him as her own, and that person turned out to be my partner in life...woman is a saint who I will always owe a debt of gratitude.

And then she went ahead and raised a delightful human. Some people reeeeally like to make people like you and I look bad, don't they?

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
One thing we can feel good about is that it appears the soul of the community represents what the Boston Bruins say they aspire to be on paper. And, it aligns with the players. However, that is not true of management, and that needs to be investigated.

Days like today where justice begins (it's not over yet) feel increasingly rare.

Anyway, thanks to everybody who wrote letters, emails, tweets, phone calls, and more to get this on the road to resolution. I think it's more than fair to say that Isaiah's family first and foremost, the media (people love to vilify but did the right thing here), the fans, our ambassadors, and our Bruins community put the right kind of pressure on the organization to do the right thing, and today there is some kind of justice.

I had a real hard time watching the Bruins on Saturday because of this. Boston Bruins hockey and the organization, all of the character stuff they always talk about, that does mean something to me personally. What happened made me question if the organization aligned with my own morals. It will be easier going forwards, and I'm open to the work that this organization needs to do to be better going forwards. They acknowledge it, as do most of us, let's get to work.

Fine post.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
This is just a clusterf***. Everyone appears to be lying - Miller's agent, Neely, the league. All of them have been either caught in lies or changing their stories. They're trying to pin responsibility on other people. Just a mess all around.

Why'd it have to be us? Why couldn't the Flyers or Winnipeg Jets have signed him? It's unnecessary and a total distraction to an otherwise great season so far. I'm in absolute fear that it's going to bring a dark cloud and affect the team on the ice.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Patrice is a class act

What he should really say is...

This could be my last season.... and this is the parting gift you give me?

You fr@##$ clowns

When the victim mom made an invitation for Bergy, Marchand, Foligno to drop by/to discuss what happened. I had a feeling it was over/terminate Miller contact
In hockey player terms Bergy is considered a little on the old side. In regular terms I consider 37 to be young. I cannot stress enough how impressed I am with how well the young man conducts himself and how eloquent he is. He was put in a crap position since Friday by management. He did an amazing job of balancing all the factors involved in navigating through the mess with the media. So proud that he is a Bruin.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
There was never a doubt the weasel Bettman protects himself before all others. He knew. Of course he knew.
1) Bruins talk to Daly. Daly tells Bettman. Bruins sign Miller. Shit hits fans all over the place. Bettman jumps on the "bus" and drives over the Bruins while playing the tough guy saying the League never knew about it, and have since informed the Bruins that under no circumstances is Miller eligible and may never be. "They know that now". (Shit can Daly for ineptitude and Bettman for lying)

2) Daly never tells Bettman. (Shit can Daly for ineptitude)

It's one of the two, right?

If we are going to go hunting within B's management for who did the right or wrong thing here (and we should -- Bruins f***ed this up badly) why not the League offices.

By the way, I'm not naive. I don't expect anyone in NHL offices to be held accountable. I don't expect his agent to either.

Reactions: Number8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad