Confirmed with Link: Bruins cut ties with Mitchell Miller( MOD warning post 410)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
In hockey player terms Bergy is considered a little on the old side. In regular terms I consider 37 to be young. I cannot stress enough how impressed I am with how well the young man conducts himself and how eloquent he is. He was put in a crap position since Friday by management. He did an amazing job of balancing all the factors involved in navigating through the mess with the media. So proud that he is a Bruin.

His ability to speak so eloquently, somewhat off the cuff, on an emotionally charged issue is admirable on its own. Then you remember he arrived in Boston as a kid who barely spoke a word of English, and it's truly remarkable.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Who has said only the scout is at fault? Feels very strawmanny.
True, but more then a few felt jettisoning Miller marked the end ‘time to turn the page’. Seems many would consider minimal consequences sufficient. I’m on record as saying I want at least 1 of the top 3 but feel that I am in the minority. I sense that at least half this board will be satisfied and beyond this with just Harkins going. Not going to put up a poll but that’s my sense. I think Sweeney particularly has been good at his job but unless he can show documented protests to the move unless he can show he was overruled then goodbye. A clean sweep would satisfy me most I think.

Love Bergy, Marchand, Krejci and everyone else but this organization above them has not yet shown appropriate accountability for this disgrace.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
What are the contract implications from this sign/release?

Full payment? take it from Don/Neely salary....

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I can't imagine a scenario where Daly doesn't inform Bettman - this is a high profile thing, as has been borne out. I can absolutely imagine a scenario where Bettman just lies through his teeth to everyone. I just use history as a guide.
Sadly, I could not agree more. Gary Bettman has no moral legs to stand on in my book and I am quite convinced that he'd have no problems lying about when and how he was made aware of this situation.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Another reason to move quickly on getting rid of Sweeney and Neely. This isn't going to go away today, tomorrow or next week, but the team can get back to some sense of normalcy.

Now, if something else/new comes up 3 weeks from now, and they decide to move on then --- the whole applecart gets upset again.

Just do it now and move on to give this team the best chance for success this year.

• Love
Reactions: HustleB and BMC

Furio

you got a bee on your hat
Nov 20, 2018
Naples
Don’t worry, Cam will give out vouchers for free home cooked jumbo meatballs at the next home game. Everything will be forgiven.

Reactions: The National

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
This is just a clusterf***. Everyone appears to be lying - Miller's agent, Neely, the league. All of them have been either caught in lies or changing their stories. They're trying to pin responsibility on other people. Just a mess all around.

Why'd it have to be us? Why couldn't the Flyers or Winnipeg Jets have signed him? It's unnecessary and a total distraction to an otherwise great season so far. I'm in absolute fear that it's going to bring a dark cloud and affect the team on the ice.
Don’t forget future players wanting to come here.

Reactions: GordonHowe and BMC

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
If they buy him out the cap hits will be as follows

Nice 4 year reminder.
Be an interesting legal road.

I'd be surprised if they didn't get out of Cap Hit though. First and foremost because they told Bill Daly about the move to sign him. Then when outcry got so big, Gary Bettman said there was no certainty that the kid would ever make the NHL. Ergo - we cut ties.

Now, I'm not saying Bruins were innocent victims here - they were not. I also don't want to see the Cap screwed up by this shit show.

So if I were the Bruins I'd tell Gary the Weasel that the League needs to help the Cap issue go away -- that or we provide dates and times that Bruins talked to Daly and put Bettman's balls in the public outcry vice.

I'd love to see a story "NHL ok'd signing of Miller. Changed story once public outcry grew:.

Reactions: sarge88

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Bergeron all but confirming that he and the team put the kabosh on this. He said it without saying it imo.

Hopefully the players can rally around each other because this is starting to have Major League 2 vibes to it.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Be an interesting legal road.

I'd be surprised if they didn't get out of Cap Hit though. First and foremost because they told Bill Daly about the move to sign him. Then when outcry got so big, Gary Bettman said there was no certainty that the kid would ever make the NHL. Ergo - we cut ties.

Now, I'm not saying Bruins were innocent victims here - they were not. I also don't want to see the Cap screwed up by this shit show.

So if I were the Bruins I'd tell Gary the Weasel that the League needs to help the Cap issue go away -- that or we provide dates and times that Bruins talked to Daly and put Bettman's balls in the public outcry vice.

I'd love to see a story "NHL ok'd signing of Miller. Changed story once public outcry grew:.
I think that’s all embarrassing. It’s like my brother saying “but he did it first!” Once he gets caught for throwing a ball in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad