Confirmed with Link: Bruins cut ties with Mitchell Miller( MOD warning post 410)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Right call in the end but Sweeney should be fired for pulling that stunt with sending Bergeron out to get peppered by the media while he hides somewhere

My understanding, per Fenway, is that Sweeney (understandably) declined to appear on HNIC; yet he also failed to face the music on NESN, whose on air talent were instructed not to mention the situation.

Reactions: TCB and BMC

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
This isn't over by a longshot for the front office. For the players, it is over.
One can only hope so. Missing so many red flags is just pure ineptness on all accounts. Not doing background checks on a kid that already had MASSIVE red flags waving them in the face is just so pathetic I don't know where to begin. Changes have to be made.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
So Miller lies to Bruins staff, or at the very least fails to mention some important information, and management buys it? Their due diligence is either horrendously bad - everything of relevance that needed to be known about the kid and his history was already in the public domain and capable of being found and assessed on its merits - or Neely is telling lies of his own in his statement in an attempt to find an excuse for the organization now changing its mind. Or both. Just stupid all round.

Where's Forrest Gump when you need him?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
One can only hope so. Missing so many red flags is just pure ineptness on all accounts. Not doing background checks on a kid that already had MASSIVE red flags waving them in the face is just so pathetic I don't know where to begin. Changes have to be made.
You have to gut hockey ops and rebuild it. I would like the Bruins to send everyone in the organization, including players, to diversity and inclusion and anti-bullying training. I also want to see the front office be more visible no matter how uncomfortable they may feel.

I also want them to invest in a proper PR/Media relations department.

It is time for management to practice what the players preach. If you can't get behind it, bye bye.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Another reason to move quickly on getting rid of Sweeney and Neely. This isn't going to go away today, tomorrow or next week, but the team can get back to some sense of normalcy.

Now, if something else/new comes up 3 weeks from now, and they decide to move on then --- the whole applecart gets upset again.

Just do it now and move on to give this team the best chance for success this year.

Hear, hear! Give Neely, Sweeney, Harkins & everyone else who had a direct role in this disaster the axe and do it right away. Not only will it put this to rest it will also help rebuild the franchise's credibility which has been seriously damaged.

Failing to take prompt & thorough action will only prolong the situation. Nobody wants that and the players sure as hell don't deserve it.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Imagine not realizing how big of an issue/story this is.

This person was vocal in their support of Miller getting a chance from minute one while also fighting every bit of evidence that came out against him. They also called for shutting the Miller thread down more than once to stifle the conversation.

Just so you have an idea of the motive behind that kind of post.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
We’ll, we know how tone deaf the FO is, let’s see how much the ownership is. Hate to be Charlie…..

I would not want to be in his shoes having to explain this to his father.

Harkins deleting tweets like a puke is absolutely hilarious. What a man of conviction!

Idiot doesn't realize the internet is forever, I'm sure someone has screen shots of his tweets.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
Its also pathetic the Jacobs family has been so quite. Odd are they are counting how many hotdogs were sold last home game and aren't aware of what is going on with their franchise.

Reactions: BMC

SkinsFan09

Jun 10, 2009
Brooklyn
I am on the side of people deserve a second chance, especially for what they do as minors but there are exceptions and this was absolutely one of them. There has been no true new leaf turned just court-ordered actions and this was not a "I acted bad one day when I was a kid" situation, this was long-term abuse.

Nobody is saying he should have to live in his parents basement until he's 50, but he can get a normal job and rehabilitate his image.

We all did stupid stuff as kids, and certainly as teenagers but even that has a spectrum.

Reactions: sarge88 and Beesfan

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
You have to gut hockey ops and rebuild it. I would like the Bruins to send everyone in the organization, including players, to diversity and inclusion and anti-bullying training. I also want to see the front office be more visible no matter how uncomfortable they may feel.

I also want them to invest in a proper PR/Media relations department.

It is time for management to practice what the players preach. If you can't get behind it, bye bye.

Buy the team.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Can we get back to winning now?

That depends.

Upon whether the players can put this behind them and quickly move on.

I suspect they will, but don't be surprised if matters are a bit shaky for a while.

Sweeney and/or Neely consulted with Patrice and possibly others. They knew Bergeron did not want to sign Miller. They did so anyway.

That says something to a man, and a captain, like Patrice.

And it doesn't say anything good. Least of all about Sweeney and Neely.

They f***ed up just about every way here. The only smart thing they did was cut ties swiftly when faced with the inevitable backlash.

The coach and the players will move forward.

I'm not so sure about Sweeney and Neely. This is fireable stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad