GDT: Bruins - Canes Monday 8 April at 7pm NHLN-US & 98.5 Hub

Status
Not open for further replies.

tragos

Jan 7, 2013
I don't get it..

The Bruins lose 2-1 to the habs.. Everyone is negative on how bad this team is.

Win 6-2 vs a Cane's team that is really bad..

And this team is still "garbage" according to some here. What did the Score have to be in order for this game to be considered a good game for the team?

Goalie's sometimes have to stand on their heads no matter what team your playing.

Sort of surprised that people think the score is the ultimate measure of the quality of a team's play.

I'll take a 2-0 win where we dominate over a 6-2 win where we don't. And with weeks before the playoffs, I'll take 3 losses of the 0-1 variety where we outshot the other team 45-22 to 3 wins where we got outshot 45-22.

Good play is all that matters when you're trying to win 4 playoff rounds. There's no hiding your flaws in 7 games against Montreal or Pits. So I can see why people want to see effort, less giveaways, a better PP, etc... Because that's what it takes.

Yup. Scoring goals against a garbage team does not mean our problems are solved.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Btw...go watch a Rangers game. Watch Rick Nash. That's what a star winger is supposed to do. Then we can have a cake for Lucic.

Give me a break. Two totally different players. Pretty tough for Lucic to play the type of physical game we are accustomed to with so little down time, playing at least every 2nd night for 2 months straight. I'm sure it looks easy from your sofa.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Set up the Ference goal by smoking someone behind the goal line, drawing defenders to him and out of position, then gave it to Siedenberg. That was at the end of a shift. By the time he got to the bench, puck was in the net.

Got open down low for DK to make an easy pass to him, saw Hamilton wide open at the point, who gave it to Horton for yet another gimmee.

Only guy on the PP who was able to establish possession. In fact, 3 times he out worked a pker, came up w/ the puck, made a good pass to a Dman who did the deer in headlights routine. But, yet again we're talking a/b Milan Lucic.

You love the guy? The only explanation is, you loathe the guy. That or need the game explained to you.

Can you tell me what DK did all night? How a/b Horton other than the 1 second it took to shoot on an open net. Not to mention, tank 2 other plays Lucic set up where Horton drilled it into the crest w/ both corners wide open. DK tanked one, too.

You'd think the guy got caught w/ a Ann Coulter book. It's getting old.

Dude, I hear ya. I'm seeing what you're seeing.

That said, I'd like to see more drive from Looch when he has the puck - to the net. His playmaking abilities consistently surprise me (somehow), but he's going to take a step forward as a player when he uses all of his space effectively.

In the meantime, Milan Lucic is one of the players on the team I'm LEAST worried about.

Soderberg

Mar 29, 2011
Lucic is having a bad year but I still like him better than Nash overall. Maybe that's just me lol.

jasonbaz77*

Give me a break. Two totally different players. Pretty tough for Lucic to play the type of physical game we are accustomed to with so little down time, playing at least every 2nd night for 2 months straight. I'm sure it looks easy from your sofa.

yeah one is a star scorer :laugh: That's the type we need.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Yup. Scoring goals against a garbage team does not mean our problems are solved.

Yes.
We faced the worst team in the NHL right now.
Against every other team we would have trailed by 2 after 8 minutes (yet again).
We came out of our own zone twice and we scored twice because that goalie just sucked.
Too bad those 6 goals will overshadow our poor play.
They made it 2-5 in less than a minute and had a huge chance right after.
Sorry, but switch the goalies and we lose this game 2-6.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Lucic had a good game and was looking to shoot more than he has been. I'm not sure why some idiots here are dumping on him; he was the catalyst for his line tonight.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
6-2 win, 4th win in 5 games and we are pissed off? That Habs loss stung more than I thought.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Btw...go watch a Rangers game. Watch Rick Nash. That's what a star winger is supposed to do. Then we can have a cake for Lucic.
Nash? Great player. The guy Lucic pancaked then couldn't play while the NY media moaned? He's lucky to be vertical after he followed Lucic around the ice begging for a beating b/c he couldn't take a big boy hit.

Meanwhile, they're fighting for a playoff spot tied w/ the juggernaut Isles.

Maybe it's time to root for the home team there, NYC. Don't know what to tell ya.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Dude, I hear ya. I'm seeing what you're seeing.

That said, I'd like to see more drive from Looch when he has the puck - to the net. His playmaking abilities consistently surprise me (somehow), but he's going to take a step forward as a player when he uses all of his space effectively.

In the meantime, Milan Lucic is one of the players on the team I'm LEAST worried about.

Get him away from Horton, put some speed on the other wing. And, people will get what they want.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
I watched every minute of the game. You can apologize all night for him. He must have incriminating photos of Clode to stay on the top line forever :laugh: That is the only explanation. I love the guy...but right now he blows.

Looch has been one of the best forwards on this team for the last stretch. He's been busting his balls way more than his linemates and not getting the production.

NastyNate17

Jan 3, 2011
Fort Sam Houston
I like winning, and winning builds confidence. It's astounding after a 6-2 win how people continue to nitpick. Nobody is saying we played a perfect game tonight, but I'll take this game over the way we were playing a few weeks ago when it looked like a zombie apacolypse overcame the lockerroom. At least the team is showing signs of life, we are on track to hit the playoffs in stride. Once the playoffs start it's really anybody's game, look at the Kings last year.. nobody on God's green earth including their own fans would've picked them to win it.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
I like winning, and winning builds confidence. It's astounding after a 6-2 win how people continue to nitpick. Nobody is saying we played a perfect game tonight, but I'll take this game over the way we were playing a few weeks ago when it looked like a zombie apacolypse overcame the lockerroom. At least the team is showing signs of life, we are on track to hit the playoffs in stride. Once the playoffs start it's really anybody's game, look at the Kings last year.. nobody on God's green earth including their own fans would've picked them to win it.

i'm rooting for Carolina to be our 1st round opponent. .

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

Winning is a good thing....a win is a win!

the overrated

wicked overrated
Jul 13, 2006
Suburbia
Sort of surprised that people think the score is the ultimate measure of the quality of a team's play.

I'll take a 2-0 win where we dominate over a 6-2 win where we don't. And with weeks before the playoffs, I'll take 3 losses of the 0-1 variety where we outshot the other team 45-22 to 3 wins where we got outshot 45-22.

Good play is all that matters when you're trying to win 4 playoff rounds. There's no hiding your flaws in 7 games against Montreal or Pits. So I can see why people want to see effort, less giveaways, a better PP, etc... Because that's what it takes.

But too often the responses after a game in which the B's play well (even dominate) & lose is "who cares, they lost the game" so it's understandable that people would use the same mentality, but in the positive form, for a game in which the B's won & picked up the 2 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad