GDT: Bruins - Canes Monday 8 April at 7pm NHLN-US & 98.5 Hub

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
i've gotta stop hanging around these GDT;s when i run out of beer

Lucic worked his ass off again tonight, didn't get an assist on the ference goal but did 80% of the work.

Did the work to find the open man (hamilton) who feed Horton for a tip in.

But he's been invisible? Lazy? I mean wtf are some people watching here. Oh thats right, leaf games.

The ultimate floater gets a few tip ins and he's beasting.

seinfeld-gif.gif

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Man, This game was great.. However it Puts the team in a tough spot in a good way.

Obviously Marchand and Jagr have great Chemistry..

The top six is doing well it just leaves one thing that noone wants to see and that's Seguin on the Third line.

Good problem to have.. I don't see Claude Splitting up LKH especially since Horton got a goal tonight again.. so that's 13 this year... Not too shabby with the way people are complaining about him..

The only negative i take out of this Game is Seguin being with linemates that really have nothing to bring to the offensive flare of his Game.

If we could get a Soderberg Seguin Kelly line.. or something that'd be a site though!

Canes were awful. Switching back and forth between this game and Rags leafs was night and day.

Tuukka stood on his head tonight, and peters/Ellis struggled to make saves.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
Over the last 3 games Rask has quietly put to rest any doubt who the team's number one goalie is.

If not for his brilliant play in the 1st 10 minutes, tonight's game could have gone down hill very quickly.

jasonbaz77*

i've gotta stop hanging around these GDT;s when i run out of beer

Lucic worked his ass off again tonight, didn't get an assist on the ference goal but did 80% of the work.

Did the work to find the open man (hamilton) who feed Horton for a tip in.

But he's been invisible? Lazy? I mean wtf are some people watching here. Oh thats right, leaf games.

The ultimate floater gets a few tip ins and he's beasting.

seinfeld-gif.gif

I watched every minute of the game. You can apologize all night for him. He must have incriminating photos of Clode to stay on the top line forever :laugh: That is the only explanation. I love the guy...but right now he blows.

bruinsfan1982

Apr 8, 2013
horton has 13 goals and scored 4 in the last 6 games better get rid of him.... team is 4 points from the big bad penguins with a game in hand ... we are terrible. All teams go through rough patches why dont yas try looking at the positives instead of always whining. I swear this team could have a perfect season and people on here would complain.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
I watched every minute of the game. You can apologize all night for him. He must have incriminating photos of Clode to stay on the top line forever :laugh: That is the only explanation. I love the guy...but right now he blows.

then your blind. or drunk.

mashmont

May 27, 2011
Massachusetts
I don't get it..

The Bruins lose 2-1 to the habs.. Everyone is negative on how bad this team is.

Win 6-2 vs a Cane's team that is really bad..

And this team is still "garbage" according to some here. What did the Score have to be in order for this game to be considered a good game for the team?

Goalie's sometimes have to stand on their heads no matter what team your playing.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
That game is pure poison for this team.

And Claude will actually think these lines are good.

jasonbaz77*

Hey man I am a fellow Rhody be nice:D

I wont get drunk until Friday.

I love Looch and Horts, but I think we need a different 1st line right now. would love to see DK work with Segs and Jags a bit...mix in marchand. JMO.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
The best thing about the Bruins offense tonight, Carolina's olé defense not withstanding, was the netfront presence. All 6 goals were scored from right around the blue paint. This is what the team needs a little more of.

The defense left a little to be desired. They have been giving up way too many shots lately.

Rask was very sharp early on. If he wasn't, the game could have gone in a different direction. The Tlusty save comes to mind.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Sort of surprised that people think the score is the ultimate measure of the quality of a team's play.

I'll take a 2-0 win where we dominate over a 6-2 win where we don't. And with weeks before the playoffs, I'll take 3 losses of the 0-1 variety where we outshot the other team 45-22 to 3 wins where we got outshot 45-22.

Good play is all that matters when you're trying to win 4 playoff rounds. There's no hiding your flaws in 7 games against Montreal or Pits. So I can see why people want to see effort, less giveaways, a better PP, etc... Because that's what it takes.

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
OK, this was a lot more about 'Canes being horrible than any improved offensive chemistry from B's....but selfishly...means I got to hear "Dirty Water" twice in same day for two Boston sports teams!

bruinsfan1982

Apr 8, 2013
krejci is 2nd on the team in points ... Horton is 3rd on the team in goals if your gonna chirp this line why not the rest
when horton shows up in the playoffs again everyone will be kissing his backside saying how clutch he is

Soderberg

Mar 29, 2011
krejci is 2nd on the team in points ... Horton is 3rd on the team in goals if your gonna chirp this line why not the rest

no one has a problem with krejci and the amount of goals horton has isn't indicative of how he's playing. him and lucic need to be split and seguin needs to be promoted.

jasonbaz77*

no one has a problem with krejci and the amount of goals horton has isn't indicative of how he's playing. him and lucic need to be split and seguin needs to be promoted.

Can't say that- they will say you are drunk if you suggest something to fix the problem. :sarcasm:

the overrated

wicked overrated
Jul 13, 2006
Suburbia
I don't know why everyone is so impressed with a 6-2 win against a team thats like 1-8-1 in their last 10 and we gave up over 40 shots....Not impressed at all...

Until we start dismantling playoff teams like this, I'll be happy. Team needs to start shooting more, putting the puck in the net and stop turning the puck over so much. Too many turnovers, sloppy D and shots on net.

How often this season has a playoff team been beaten by a 6-2 score? It's few & far between.

The B's record against playoff teams (plus NJ & Winnipeg, who are likely to slide into the 8th spot/SE champ spot, respectively) is something like 16-10, and they only have a single loss to one of those teams that was more than a single goal (compared to 5 games in which they've won by 2 or more goals).

They're not playing great, but they're playing well enough to win more often than not, against the cellar dwellers and the playoff bound teams. If you're going to wait for a playoff team to be dismantled before you're happy, you're probably not going to be a happy person too often.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston

Set up the Ference goal by smoking someone behind the goal line, drawing defenders to him and out of position, then gave it to Siedenberg. That was at the end of a shift. By the time he got to the bench, puck was in the net.

Got open down low for DK to make an easy pass to him, saw Hamilton wide open at the point, who gave it to Horton for yet another gimmee.

Only guy on the PP who was able to establish possession. In fact, 3 times he out worked a pker, came up w/ the puck, made a good pass to a Dman who did the deer in headlights routine. But, yet again we're talking a/b Milan Lucic.

You love the guy? The only explanation is, you loathe the guy. That or need the game explained to you.

Can you tell me what DK did all night? How a/b Horton other than the 1 second it took to shoot on an open net. Not to mention, tank 2 other plays Lucic set up where Horton drilled it into the crest w/ both corners wide open. DK tanked one, too.

You'd think the guy got caught w/ a Ann Coulter book. It's getting old.

jasonbaz77*

Set up the Ference goal by smoking someone behind the goal line, drawing defenders to him and out of position, then gave it to Siedenberg. That was at the end of a shift. By the time he got to the bench, puck was in the net.

Got open down low for DK to make an easy pass to him, saw Hamilton wide open at the point, who gave it to Horton for yet another gimmee.

Only guy on the PP who was able to establish possession. In fact, 3 times he out worked a pker, came up w/ the puck, made a good pass to a Dman who did the deer in headlights routine. But, yet again we're talking a/b Milan Lucic.

You love the guy? The only explanation is, you loathe the guy. That or need the game explained to you.

Can you tell me what DK did all night? How a/b Horton other than the 1 second it took to shoot on an open net. Not to mention, tank 2 other plays Lucic set up where Horton drilled it into the crest w/ both corners wide open. DK tanked one, too.

Ann Coulter book? I'm not a militant flaming liberal so your reference is lost on me.

howaryuh

Mar 28, 2004
Guelph, Ontario
The best thing about the Bruins offense tonight, Carolina's olé defense not withstanding, was the netfront presence. All 6 goals were scored from right around the blue paint. This is what the team needs a little more of.
Exactly this, getting the puck to the night and players converging. Hope they continue to do this as opposed to looking for the perfect play.

jasonbaz77*

Btw...go watch a Rangers game. Watch Rick Nash. That's what a star winger is supposed to do. Then we can have a cake for Lucic.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Sort of surprised that people think the score is the ultimate measure of the quality of a team's play.

I'll take a 2-0 win where we dominate over a 6-2 win where we don't. And with weeks before the playoffs, I'll take 3 losses of the 0-1 variety where we outshot the other team 45-22 to 3 wins where we got outshot 45-22.

Good play is all that matters when you're trying to win 4 playoff rounds. There's no hiding your flaws in 7 games against Montreal or Pits. So I can see why people want to see effort, less giveaways, a better PP, etc... Because that's what it takes.

One thing people seem to be missing, is that this team has not had any more than 1 day off for over a month now and wont until the end of the season. This kind of brutal schedule takes its toll on players' recovery times. It also affords them very little practice time to work on deficiencies. The Bruins are paying for their early season light schedule now. Personally I'm not overly concerned about it because they have guys who know exactly what it takes to win come playoff time.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

I wasn't really paying attention to looches game. But I noticed he had at least 5 d zone turnovers in the first period and a half.
He is a turnover machine right now. By far the worst on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad