GDT: Bruins - Canes Monday 8 April at 7pm NHLN-US & 98.5 Hub

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
I don't know why everyone is so impressed with a 6-2 win against a team thats like 1-8-1 in their last 10 and we gave up over 40 shots....Not impressed at all...

Until we start dismantling playoff teams like this, I'll be happy. Team needs to start shooting more, putting the puck in the net and stop turning the puck over so much. Too many turnovers, sloppy D and shots on net.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
:laugh::laugh: Dude I have been on Horton's case this season big time.. I don't know what too say the guy scores goals but when he isn't he just gets on my f^&ING nerves..

Example. Against the Habs the other night he didn't have not one hit.. Common 6'3 220 Lbs not 1 hit and against the hated Habs

in his defense it was in the Bell center and the hab's employees say what is a hit and what is not. ;)

Soderberg

Mar 29, 2011
Horton has a lot of goals which is awesome, but he floats for most of the game every game and then gets a tip in or rebound. I still don't feel good about the Krejci line if they play like this in the playoffs. They need to all be better. Really hoping Bergeron is back before the playoffs so we can test out are healthy lines.

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
I don't know why everyone is so impressed with a 6-2 win against a team thats like 1-8-1 in their last 10 and we gave up over 40 shots....Not impressed at all...

Until we start dismantling playoff teams like this, I'll be happy. Team needs to start shooting more, putting the puck in the net and stop turning the puck over so much. Too many turnovers, sloppy D and shots on net.

Well, first of all this is what good teams are suppose too do against mediocre and bad teams..

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA

you can wait to be happy until we start dismantlingplayoff teams like this.

I will be happy every time the Bruins get a win.

guess who is happier.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Couldn't catch the game tonight. Very happy to see the boys destroyed a team finally.

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
Horton has a lot of goals which is awesome, but he floats for most of the game every game and then gets a tip in or rebound. I still don't feel good about the Krejci line if they play like this in the playoffs. They need to all be better.

Thank you. That is exactly how I see it with Horton.. Imagine if he was too hustle a bit more, get in the corners and bang some.. Maybe even create some offense by playing some defense.. Lay a big check every now and than.. Imagine. 6'3 220 lbs

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Another game where Tuukka or Dobby could have had a SO, but the B's stopped playing.

What happened to our D? Why the insistence on long passes that routinely get picked off?

Seguin made some plays his linemates had absolutely no clue what to do with.

Would have liked to have seen someone bury, rough up, even punch skinner. But you can't have everything. People didn't think him tripping then throwing Bergeron to the ice was such a big deal when it happened. You can see now that could have been a very big deal had he hit his head. Passing some of his own teeth through his bowels would be a nice reminder of why he, nor anyone else, should never ever do that again. Oh well.

Schmautzie

Dave est magané
Jun 28, 2007
Greater Boston
Thank you. That is exactly how I see it with Horton.. Imagine if he was too hustle a bit more, get in the corners and bang some.. Maybe even create some offense by playing some defense.. Lay a big check every now and than.. Imagine. 6'3 220 lbs

He's lazy. His last few goals have been tap ins. When was the last time you saw him really overpower a defenseman and and just bull his way in for a goal? Frankly, Lucic has looked just as lazy though I've noticed some better effort lately.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Another game where Tuukka or Dobby could have had a SO, but the B's stopped playing.

What happened to our D? Why the insistence on long passes that routinely get picked off?

Seguin made some plays his linemates had absolutely no clue what to do with.

Would have liked to have seen someone bury, rough up, even punch skinner. But you can't have everything. People didn't think him tripping then throwing Bergeron to the ice was such a big deal when it happened. You can see now that could have been a very big deal had he hit his head. Passing some of his own teeth through his bowels would be a nice reminder of why he, nor anyone else, should never ever do that again. Oh well.

That has been going on all season and it's irritating me as well. They do that time after time, game after game. I don't get it. And it's coming from guys that know better. I'm very happy with the blowout win, but we still have a ways to go on defense and decreasing sloppy play if we hope to make a run at the Cup. Once we get our full cast of characters on the ice at the same time I think things will pick up for us and we will be ok.

Soderberg

Mar 29, 2011
He's lazy. His last few goals have been tap ins. When was the last time you saw him really overpower a defenseman and and just bull his way in for a goal? Frankly, Lucic has looked just as lazy though I've noticed some better effort lately.

Lucic is just as frustrating. Not being able to score is one thing, but there's no excuse for him not making any hits.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada

The 10-3 giveaways (10 for Boston) sort of worries me. I guess the shot counts too.

I'm hoping that Kelly+McQuaid bring a bit more responsibility to our end. It has to, can't win against good teams giving up so many damn shots.

jasonbaz77*

Lucic is just as frustrating. Not being able to score is one thing, but there's no excuse for him not making any hits.

For VAST stretches he is invisible. I stand by that 100%. Not a $6 million by any stretch. He "could" be, but I haven't see it.

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
They were outplayed for large chunks of this game by a bad team, but were able to win in a blowout...do with that what you will. I'll certainly take the two points.

Two real positives to take from this game: Tuukka is rounding into form just in time for the stretch run; he has played at an elite level the last three games. Also, Jagr emerged and showed why he could be a force for this team going forward. There was some real chemistry between him and Marchy. Put Bergy in place of Soupy and you might really have something there.

mashmont

May 27, 2011
Massachusetts
Man, This game was great.. However it Puts the team in a tough spot in a good way.

Obviously Marchand and Jagr have great Chemistry..

The top six is doing well it just leaves one thing that noone wants to see and that's Seguin on the Third line.

Good problem to have.. I don't see Claude Splitting up LKH especially since Horton got a goal tonight again.. so that's 13 this year... Not too shabby with the way people are complaining about him..

The only negative i take out of this Game is Seguin being with linemates that really have nothing to bring to the offensive flare of his Game.

If we could get a Soderberg Seguin Kelly line.. or something that'd be a site though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad