GDT: Bruins - Canes Monday 8 April at 7pm NHLN-US & 98.5 Hub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

IDC how many goals Horton has scored recently hope he is gone after this year

Bizarro Bandwagoner

Jan 30, 2010
Maine
Got lucky that the Canes didn't prepare for Ward being injured. Horrible goaltending. Still giving up way too many shots/chances. Hopefully the offensive explosion will help their confidence at least.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Just in from the game.

I still think the B's have to and can play much better.

Seids and Ference looked very good.

Marchy and Jagr had some chemistry.

Shawn T. had a good game.

42 shots on Tuukka :amazed: That scares me. Tuukka played another very good game.

Poor Seggy didn't seem to get much TOI.

Looking forward to the return of Bergy .

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Dude, I hear ya. I'm seeing what you're seeing.

That said, I'd like to see more drive from Looch when he has the puck - to the net. His playmaking abilities consistently surprise me (somehow), but he's going to take a step forward as a player when he uses all of his space effectively.

In the meantime, Milan Lucic is one of the players on the team I'm LEAST worried about.

I am happy to see someone else who feels his way. Looch is working hard out there.

Well 5:30 am will be here too soon . Good Night B's fans

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Hi all. 'canes fan here.

In my neverending quest for some semblance of objectivity, I have several questions to ask you, the opposing fanbase. Namely, which 'Canes players stood out tonight (good and bad?). What about the 'Canes this year strikes you the most- what are their strengths and weaknesses? When you get on the green line to go to TD Garden for a match up against the 'Canes, what do you expect and what did you see tonight?

I eagerly await your non-flaming answers (and yes, I am aware that the 'Canes lost 6-2 tonight!).

RedBruin

Jul 4, 2010
Germany
Hi all. 'canes fan here.

In my neverending quest for some semblance of objectivity, I have several questions to ask you, the opposing fanbase. Namely, which 'Canes players stood out tonight (good and bad?). What about the 'Canes this year strikes you the most- what are their strengths and weaknesses? When you get on the green line to go to TD Garden for a match up against the 'Canes, what do you expect and what did you see tonight?

I eagerly await your non-flaming answers (and yes, I am aware that the 'Canes lost 6-2 tonight!).

You probably shoud've come out of the first with at least a one goal lead, terrible goaltending from Peters. I expected exactly what happened except for the Bs taking a 3-0 first period lead :laugh:, assumed the Canes quickness would give us fits. Good game plan to have Dmen pinch aggressively as breakouts have been one of the Bs major problems this season, and considering the Canes are not that strong in their own zone anyway it's probably a good idea to keep the puck as far away from their own goal as possible. :D
Not sure who particularly stood out, this Bellmore (?) dude threw his weight around, I noticed him quite a few times, Nash seemed good on the dot and around the boards, thought Skinner and the Staals were quiet, especially Jordan. Gleason had a disappointing night. All in all hard to judge, very odd game, if you watched it with the goal sequences cut out you'd probably never assume it was a 6-2 game, rarely do you see the goalie being the best player on a team that wins by that big a margin.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
Hi all. 'canes fan here.

i've got my hands full just keeping track of my own motley crew in black and gold to pay attention to who's playing well for cellar dwellers. Having said that...I give tons of credit to Kirk Muller and the coaching staff for keeping these guys on their toes and giving 100% effort in a (pretty much) lost cause. You're obviously not happy with the end result but at least you know they're giving it their all with what little they have. Lets be reasonable, if Cam Ward is in net it's a whole different ballgame.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Over the last 3 games Rask has quietly put to rest any doubt who the team's number one goalie is.

If not for his brilliant play in the 1st 10 minutes, tonight's game could have gone down hill very quickly.
Yes.Rask has been outstanding and is clearly the no.1.Jagr looked real good ,yes,I know it is only Carolina but historically the B's always seem to have a tough time with them ,so I will take the two points.:yo:

westernhome

Sep 21, 2011
I'm completely likng Jagr's attitude all around since he got here, hope the Bruins can win the cup with him and sign him to play here next year too. He looks like he really wants to do well for his teammates and his smile is so genuine, like he is really loving to be playing this game. So glad to have him on the team to cheer for and hope for another cup for :handclap:

Bone for your jar

Feb 2, 2011
Boston, Mass.
Hi all. 'canes fan here.

Lots of teams would have just slumped their shoulders and waved a white flag after giving up so many goals on their end and being stoned (while outshooting the opponent) by the opposing goalie. Your guys didn't, at all. Their energy (if not their organization) was good throughout the game; showed me a lot of resilience. Hopefully they can take that with them into next season and build upon it.

Bone for your jar

Feb 2, 2011
Boston, Mass.
I'm completely likng Jagr's attitude all around since he got here, hope the Bruins can win the cup with him and sign him to play here next year too. He looks like he really wants to do well for his teammates and his smile is so genuine, like he is really loving to be playing this game. So glad to have him on the team to cheer for and hope for another cup for :handclap:

Honestly those shots of him laughing heartily on the bench have been the highlights of the past couple of games for me. If there's a reset button that the B's need before the playoffs that right there might just be it. His infectious love of the game and his general playfulness might be just what the doctor ordered.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
Jagr seems to have underwent a metamorphesis in attitude the last few years. It seemed like he was great in Philly as well with the team. I've gained a lot of respect for him in recent years (always had high respect for his ability, dude was beast even in the dead puck era).

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
Lots of things to like for last game: Jagr,Lucic, the energy and the hussle but... They were lucky to have Rask in this game because we were awful in our end. Just not sure where our defensive game evaporated. Against a stronger team, the Bruins would have been down after the first period. Still, Bruins need to build on the positives and be more consistent in all phases of the game.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
I just wonder how the pairings will look like come playoff-time.

I'd still like to see

Chara - Seidenberg
Ference - Boychuk
Johnson/McQuaid/Redden - Hamilton

Maybe that 3rd pairing would be too weak, but then again I don't want Dougie next to Chara in the playoffs.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
I just wonder how the pairings will look like come playoff-time.

I'd still like to see

Chara - Seidenberg
Ference - Boychuk
Johnson/McQuaid/Redden - Hamilton

Maybe that 3rd pairing would be too weak, but then again I don't want Dougie next to Chara in the playoffs.

Please explain your thoughs...

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I loved the way they were trying to set Marchand up for the Hatty and Jagr easily could have tried to score himself at one point. I think he and Marchand are finding some chemistry.

@MichaelSBerger Rask has 5 games in his career with 40 (or more) saves. Stats in those games: 5-0-0, 3 shutouts, .981 sv pct

I have said it before, but I often think Tuukka does best when he is taking shots although 40plus is still too many to give up.

If Tuukka were as bad a goaltender as Carolina's backup and backup backup we would have lost this game by a snowman in the first.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
im really hoping these turnovers are due to the fact that they are just tired.
Thats what Im going on now. Scoring has been an issue all season, but these horrible turnovers and high shot totals didnt really start coming about until the schedule got tougher for them.
We had no clue how to handle the CAROLINA forecheck.

We probably lose that game last nite if Ward was in net.

Seguin is just wasting away on that 3rd line. Its a shame.
Julien has tried all these combos, but has only had 17-46-19 as a line for a game i think.

I think its time to put those 3 together. Horton belongs on the 3rd line.

great game for tuukka.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
I loved the way they were trying to set Marchand up for the Hatty and Jagr easily could have tried to score himself at one point. I think he and Marchand are finding some chemistry.

I have said it before, but I often think Tuukka does best when he is taking shots although 40plus is still too many to give up.

If Tuukka were as bad a goaltender as Carolina's backup and backup backup we would have lost this game by a snowman in the first.

More then the number of shots, if it's the number of quality scoring chances that this defense need to cut down. Too many blown defensive coverage; especially close to our net. They also need to stop to turn the puck over "high" in the O zone. it create way too many odd man rushes.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
More then the number of shots, if it's the number of quality scoring chances that this defense need to cut down. Too many blown defensive coverage; especially close to our net. They also need to stop to turn the puck over "high" in the O zone. it create way too many odd man rushes.

Seems like they did better against Carlina's forecheck when they opted to skate it out rather than going for the long pass-not sure that would work against a more physical team, but speedy teams with a two man forecheck have given the Bruins fits all season and it is going to burn them if they don't learn how to deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille