Bruin%20Goal%20Stats.jpg

rbw.gif

bc%20banner.gif

4-7-2013%205-54-34%20PM.jpg

LIVE ON NHLN-US, NESN Radio: 98.5 The Sports Hub

4-7-2013%205-55-32%20PM.jpg

Cane%20stats.jpg

Cane%20goaliestats.jpg

After coming up short in a Northeast Division showdown, the Boston Bruins look to get back on track and continue their season-long dominance on home ice.
A date with reeling Carolina should provide them with a good opportunity to do so, despite the Hurricanes' recent domination of the series.
The Bruins will try for their eighth win in nine home games Monday night when they take on the Hurricanes, losers of four straight.
Boston (24-9-4) missed out on a chance to move atop the Northeast with a 2-1 loss at Montreal on Saturday. Daniel Paille scored for the Bruins, who had a three-game winning streak snapped and fell three points behind the first-place Canadiens.
Boston holds a six-point lead for the fourth spot in the Eastern Conference and home-ice advantage in the first round of the playoffs that comes with it.
The Bruins have the best home record in the conference at 13-2-2 and have limited opponents to 13 goals while going 7-0-1 in their last eight in Boston.
Tuukka Rask has posted a 4-0-1 record with two shutouts and a 1.55 goals-against average in his last five home starts, while backup Anton Khudobin has won all four of his home starts with a 1.75 GAA.
Khudobin made 29 saves in a 5-3 road win over the Hurricanes on Jan. 28.
Whoever starts in net for the Bruins will be facing a Carolina team that's struggled to score and defend during a rough three-plus weeks. The Hurricanes (16-19-2) have been outscored 46-18 in going 1-10-1 in their last 12.
The club's only offense Saturday came from Zac Dalpe, who scored after being called up from Charlotte of the AHL hours before a 4-1 home loss to the New York Rangers.
The absence of forward Alexander Semin, who has 10 goals and a team-high 26 assists, due to an upper-body injury didn't help. He is listed as day-to-day.
"Losing's not fun. It's not fun for anybody to watch. It's not fun for anybody to play," captain Eric Staal said.
Staal, the team points leader with 41, may be able to give the Hurricanes an offensive boost in this contest. He had a goal and an assist in the first meeting and has scored one goal in each of his last four in the series.
Carolina has totaled 17 goals during a 4-1-0 stretch against the Bruins.
The Hurricanes' Dan Ellis, 0-5-1 with a 3.61 GAA in his last seven starts, has allowed seven goals in two career starts - both losses - against the Bruins.
Boston, however, has also struggled to put the puck in the net recently. The Bruins have managed to go 3-2-0 in their last five despite scoring eight goals. They're 1 for 21 on the power play in their last 11 contests.
It hasn't helped that leading scorer Patrice Bergeron is out indefinitely with a concussion.
"We recognized that we have to be better and get some more shots," Rask told the team's official website.
Defenseman Zdeno Chara has four goals and five assists in his last nine against the Hurricanes. However, he hasn't scored a goal in 12 games, with just four assists in that span.
The Hurricanes have won three of the last four meetings in Boston.

4-7-2013%206-07-26%20PM.jpg

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Bruins desperately need to put together a good win.

I agree somebody needs to stand out and hopefully they stand out by scoring some goals.

Regina

Apr 11, 2004
Regina
www.corrine.ca
Two Games Remaining In The YNOT

YNOT%20CANE%20GAME.png

1. Will the Bruins score a power play goal ? ( Y / N )
2. Will the Bruins have three or more power play opportunities in this game ? ( Y / N )
3. How many Bruins will have PP points ? ( 0/2 - 3/4 - 5/6 - 7 or more )
4. Will the Bruins be leading after the first period ? ( Y / N )
5. Will the Bruins lead this game from start to finish ? ( Y / N )
6. Which pairing will have more points ? ( Seguin/Jagr - Staal/Skinner / Same )
7. How many goals will be scored in regulation time ? ( 0-3 / 4-6 / 7-9 / 10 Or More )
8. Will Chara score a goal and have an assist this game ? ( Y / N )
9. Will there be an empty net goal or goal scored in the third period with a goalie pulled for an extra attacker ? ( Y / N )
10. Will Pandolfo get a ^%$#*$ point in this game ? ( Y / N )
TB. What will the TOI difference be between the Bruin with the most amount of ice time against the Cane with the least amount of ice time . Skaters only , not goalies . _______

BTW , question ten was posed so that 29 won't actually play in the game . See what I'm doing here :)

Next and last YNOT game is on the 15th of April against Addawah'

Last edited:

RedBruin

Jul 4, 2010
Germany
1. Will the Bruins score a power play goal ? ( Y / N ) :laugh: :laugh: N
2. Will the Bruins have three or more power play opportunities in this game ? ( Y / N ) :laugh: :laugh: N
3. How many Bruins will have PP points ? ( 0/2 - 3/4 - 5/6 - 7 or more ) 0/2
4. Will the Bruins be leading after the first period ? ( Y / N ) N
5. Will the Bruins lead this game from start to finish ? ( Y / N ) N
6. Which pairing will have more points ? ( Seguin/Jagr - Staal/Skinner / Same ) Seguin/Jagr
7. How many goals will be scored in regulation time ? ( 0-3 / 4-6 / 7-9 / 10 Or More ) 4-6
8. Will Chara score a goal and have an assist this game ? ( Y / N ) N
9. Will there be an empty net goal or goal scored in the third period with a goalie pulled for an extra attacker ? ( Y / N ) Y
10. Will Pandolfo get a ^%$#*$ point in this game ? ( Y / N ) N
TB. What will the TOI difference be between the Bruin with the most amount of ice time against the Cane with the least amount of ice time . Skaters only , not goalies . 15 mins

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
1. Will the Bruins score a power play goal ? No
2. Will the Bruins have three or more power play opportunities in this game ? No
3. How many Bruins will have PP points? 0
4. Will the Bruins be leading after the first period ? Yes
5. Will the Bruins lead this game from start to finish ? No
6. Which pairing will have more points ? Staal/Skinner
7. How many goals will be scored in regulation time ? 4-6
8. Will Chara score a goal and have an assist this game ? No
9. Will there be an empty net goal or goal scored in the third period with a goalie pulled for an extra attacker ? Yes
10. Will Pandolfo get a ^%$#*$ point in this game ? No
TB. What will the TOI difference be between the Bruin with the most amount of ice time against the Cane with the least amount of ice time . Skaters only , not goalies . 14 mins

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
They better not take this team likely. They need to start playing 60
Min games the playoffs are just around the corner. No more time to experiment.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
1. Will the Bruins score a power play goal ? ( Y / N )
2. Will the Bruins have three or more power play opportunities in this game ? ( Y / N )
3. How many Bruins will have PP points ? ( 0/2 - 3/4 - 5/6 - 7 or more )
4. Will the Bruins be leading after the first period ? ( Y / N )
5. Will the Bruins lead this game from start to finish ? ( Y / N )
6. Which pairing will have more points ? ( Seguin/Jagr - Staal/Skinner / Same )
7. How many goals will be scored in regulation time ? ( 0-3 / 4-6 / 7-9 / 10 Or More )
8. Will Chara score a goal and have an assist this game ? ( Y / N )
9. Will there be an empty net goal or goal scored in the third period with a goalie pulled for an extra attacker ? ( Y / N )
10. Will Pandolfo get a ^%$#*$ point in this game ? ( Y / N )
TB. What will the TOI difference be between the Bruin with the most amount of ice time against the Cane with the least amount of ice time . Skaters only , not goalies . uhhhh 10?

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
1. Will the Bruins score a power play goal ? Y
2. Will the Bruins have three or more power play opportunities in this game ? Y
3. How many Bruins will have PP points ? 3-4
4. Will the Bruins be leading after the first period ? Y
5. Will the Bruins lead this game from start to finish ? Y
6. Which pairing will have more points ? Staal/Skinner
7. How many goals will be scored in regulation time ? 4-6
8. Will Chara score a goal and have an assist this game ? N
9. Will there be an empty net goal or goal scored in the third period with a goalie pulled for an extra attacker ? N
10. Will Pandolfo get a ^%$#*$ point in this game ? N
TB. What will the TOI difference be between the Bruin with the most amount of ice time against the Cane with the least amount of ice time . Skaters only , not goalies . 18 minutes

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Geesh, I thought I was betraying the team I love by boycotting watching them for a while but one thing I wasn`t doing was jumpin ship as much as I`ve been reading on the boards.

I needed to devote my 2-3 hours on things that were REALLY important such as my studies, time with Mrs.Odaat and I was finding the Bruin games too frustrating to watch and distracting.

Complete lack of confidence in the troops here and I understand all of it but abandoning ship???? Not this guy, my eyes will be firmly glued once the playoffs start, I just needed to put my priorities back in place, and devoting 3 hours to frustrating hockey wasn`t stellar distribution of my time.

B`s win this one 5-1 with me..........still studying

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
1. Will the Bruins score a power play goal ? ( Y / N ) No
2. Will the Bruins have three or more power play opportunities in this game ? ( Y / N ) No
3. How many Bruins will have PP points ? ( 0/2 - 3/4 - 5/6 - 7 or more ) 0/2
4. Will the Bruins be leading after the first period ? ( Y / N ) Yes
5. Will the Bruins lead this game from start to finish ? ( Y / N ) Yes
6. Which pairing will have more points ? ( Seguin/Jagr - Staal/Skinner / Same ) Staal/Skinner
7. How many goals will be scored in regulation time ? ( 0-3 / 4-6 / 7-9 / 10 Or More ) 4-6
8. Will Chara score a goal and have an assist this game ? ( Y / N ) No
9. Will there be an empty net goal or goal scored in the third period with a goalie pulled for an extra attacker ? ( Y / N ) No
10. Will Pandolfo get a ^%$#*$ point in this game ? ( Y / N ) No
TB. What will the TOI difference be between the Bruin with the most amount of ice time against the Cane with the least amount of ice time . Skaters only , not goalies 14 minutes

BergyMeister

Overpaid 4th liner
Mar 5, 2010
Tampa Via Vermont.
Geesh, I thought I was betraying the team I love by boycotting watching them for a while but one thing I wasn`t doing was jumpin ship as much as I`ve been reading on the boards.

I needed to devote my 2-3 hours on things that were REALLY important such as my studies, time with Mrs.Odaat and I was finding the Bruin games too frustrating to watch and distracting.

Complete lack of confidence in the troops here and I understand all of it but abandoning ship???? Not this guy, my eyes will be firmly glued once the playoffs start, I just needed to put my priorities back in place, and devoting 3 hours to frustrating hockey wasn`t stellar distribution of my time.

B`s win this one 5-1 with me..........still studying

I'm not abandoning ship I'm just not sure what motivates this team to play a full 60 anymore. I'll still be watching and hopefully not swearing at the tv like I did the last 56 seconds of the Habs game. :)

edit: They do still have the 5th most points in the league though and that's with 1-2 games in hand.

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'm not abandoning ship I'm just not sure what motivates this team to play a full 60 anymore. I'll still be watching and hopefully not swearing at the tv like I did the last 56 seconds of the Habs game. :)

edit: They do still have the 5th most points in the league though..

I won`t name names, but some of the comments I read after the Hab game was crazy, I understand emotions of a loss to filthy team like them irks us all but have a read............whether or not most fans have started to get over the loss and have come back down to earth I`m not sure

This is, right now, a pretty fragile fan base from all I`m reading

BergyMeister

Overpaid 4th liner
Mar 5, 2010
Tampa Via Vermont.
I won`t name names, but some of the comments I read after the Hab game was crazy, I understand emotions of a loss to filthy team like them irks us all but have a read............whether or not most fans have started to get over the loss and have come back down to earth I`m not sure

This is, right now, a pretty fragile fan base from all I`m reading
I avoided going into the GDT for that game once it started and went to bed right after it was over. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad