Post-Game Talk: Bruins beat Caps 4 - 1!!!

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
And, how many times are you going to keep posting complete nonsense and having people correct you?

Horton was not "jumped" anymore than Riberio was "jumped" today with Marchand getting a punch off before Ribeiro had his gloves off.

Horton and Hendricks were going at it the entire game, so it made no sense for him to get involved with Thornton. Horton is on the ice, and has been the entire season. The concussion reasoning for him not to fight does not apply, unless you are against Horton checking and playing a physical game as well.

Who cares that he did a fake out? He was cornered by Thornton and McQuaid, so he said "**** you" Thornton and went after McQuaid. I'd bet that if McQuaid and Thornton had reversed roles there, he'd have gone after Thornton for the fight to say "**** you" to McQuaid.

Why haven't I seen to call Chara a spot picker for going after Emelin who has plates in his face? Oh, "he didn't know" will probably be your poor reasoning.

Big difference between using his size and strength to win a puck, or even laying a hit he anticipates throwing, vs taking one on the button in a fight. You know what it means to have no chin, right? Now, and probably for the rest of his life, you touch him on the chin, or otherwise violently move his head, it's nuh-night time.

If Horton is all the way back to what he was before getting his eggs scrambled. We're in deep ****. There's nights where this guy can't even handle a pass, or loses control of the puck w/ no one near him.

Chara said as much. Again, you don't see Horton breaking sticks over opposing players either.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I'll have to watch the Horton fight again, but at first glance it looked like Hendricks had the gloves off quick and got a couple rapid shots in before going down. Didn`t really give Horton the chance to stand toe to toe. Horton had the clear size and strength advantage. Could`ve been a good fight.

The Thornton-McQuaid-Hendricks exchange was funny. Hendrix made the smart choice of going with a guy in his weight class. I don`t have a problem with that at all. Again though, he came in wild like he just wanted to get it over with. I think McQuaid would have tuned him up if they went at it again off the draw.

I hope the jump starts Lucic, Krejci, and Horton.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

I stopped reading what you said if I watched the game :laugh:

What kind of dumb *** question is that? My family paid for the package just so we could watch every Bruins game and I watch each game as well as download the interesting ones..........

Not spending anymore time on your nonsensical argument

EastCoastNiner

Nov 21, 2008
Big difference between using his size and strength to win a puck, or even laying a hit he anticipates throwing, vs taking one on the button in a fight. You know what it means to have no chin, right? Now, and probably for the rest of his life, you touch him on the chin, or otherwise violently move his head, it's nuh-night time.

If Horton is all the way back to what he was before getting his eggs scrambled. We're in deep ****. There's nights where this guy can't even handle a pass, or loses control of the puck w/ no one near him.

Chara said as much. Again, you don't see Horton breaking sticks over opposing players either.

A blow to Hortons head could certainly do some damage, and there's no denying that. However, just as much damage can be done by being hit in open ice (his concussion) or along the boards (Savard). I would agree that there is a lot of increased risk for a concussion with him fighting, but I'd also argue that there's a much greater chance of him getting a concussion by playing a physical checking game than there is by him fighting. How many examples can you find of people sustaining another concussion because of a fight compared to a hit? It's probably not even close with more people sustaining concussions from a hit.

Now, I get that you'll say that the risk of him getting a fist to the face is going to be higher than him getting hit along the boards, but that's the style of game he plays when he's on. If Horton doesn't want to fight or engage like that, then he should play a softer game, which I don't want him to do at all.

And, no, I don't see Horton breaking sticks over opposing players. However, I do see him getting sucker punches (Hedman) in and hitting players while they're on the ice (Gleason) sometimes. It's his style of game, and I love it, but don't act like he shouldn't answer the bell as well. Not to mention that Emelin's cross-check wasn't much at all, regardless of a weak composite stick breaking.

EastCoastNiner

Nov 21, 2008
I'll have to watch the Horton fight again, but at first glance it looked like Hendricks had the gloves off quick and got a couple rapid shots in before going down. Didn`t really give Horton the chance to stand toe to toe. Horton had the clear size and strength advantage. Could`ve been a good fight.

The Thornton-McQuaid-Hendricks exchange was funny. Hendrix made the smart choice of going with a guy in his weight class. I don`t have a problem with that at all. Again though, he came in wild like he just wanted to get it over with. I think McQuaid would have tuned him up if they went at it again off the draw.

I hope the jump starts Lucic, Krejci, and Horton.

Hendricks got there a little quick, but Horton saw him coming. No punch was thrown until both had their gloves off though. Hopefully this gets that line going for the rest of the regular season and playoffs.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Based on what you said here, your problem with him was that he went after Horton who has had concussion problems, and that is your problem with what he did, which is your opinion and perfectly fine.

So, with that said, I can only come to the conclusion that you must have had a problem with Chara going after Emelin who has plates in his face? Your argument mentioned nothing about Hendricks causing trouble/being cheap, so I can only assume you had the same problem with Chara, right?

Or, is it going to be a "completely different situation" for you because Emelin "was asking for it" and Horton wasn't? I'm not saying that's what you're going to say, but I'm just wondering where you stand on the Chara and Emelin fight.

Had Horton did what Emelin did, then he is fair game.

Two completely different situations. Horton had already declined Hendricks twice from what I saw.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
And, how many times are you going to keep posting complete nonsense and having people correct you?

Horton was not "jumped" anymore than Riberio was "jumped" today with Marchand getting a punch off before Ribeiro had his gloves off.

Horton and Hendricks were going at it the entire game, so it made no sense for him to get involved with Thornton. Horton is on the ice, and has been the entire season. The concussion reasoning for him not to fight does not apply, unless you are against Horton checking and playing a physical game as well.

Who cares that he did a fake out? He was cornered by Thornton and McQuaid, so he said "**** you" Thornton and went after McQuaid. I'd bet that if McQuaid and Thornton had reversed roles there, he'd have gone after Thornton for the fight to say "**** you" to McQuaid.

Why haven't I seen to call Chara a spot picker for going after Emelin who has plates in his face? Oh, "he didn't know" will probably be your poor reasoning.

Why the **** do you keep bringing this up? Chara went after Emelin after a cheap shot right after it happened.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
No, the point is every time a Bruins player declines a fight, you have an excuse for it. Every time an opposing player declines a fight, they are a cherry picker, coward, etc.

You considered Hendricks a spot picker for going after Horton who has a concussion because Hendricks "didn't answer" for whatever you think he had to answer for. Please, tell me what he had to answer for before the Horton fight? Anything?

It's called hypocrisy. You should look up the definition or just look in the mirror.

He definitely spot picked/pussed out/was a coward when Thornton looked him right in the eye and Hendricks said no. When pressed and given the choice of McQuaid or Thornton, he picked the lesser fighter of the two.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I have Z-E-R-O to the tune of Gloria.

ZERO, ZERO.....spot picker .....I been watching Hendricks since his days in Providence and he is a gamer, and Lou do me a favor don't talk to me about man crush that is a freaking insult.

He crashed the net, plays hard- always has always will

I want Hendricks because I want the Bruins to win and watched what he and his bottom 6 mates did to the Bruins in the playoffs.

I realize 50% probably have no idea who Matt Hendricks was before last years playoffs or even this game but the guy is a character player

watch the video and see the two Bruins hilariously packing dogging him- WHAT THE BLEEP WAS HE SUPPOSED TO DO:laugh:

yah, I dillusional with a man crush (maybe on Sobotka) but pathetic comment

Man, overly sensitive tonight or what? :laugh:

Horton declined Hendricks twice from what I saw (why do you think the Bruins were so pissed?)...Hendricks denied Thornton before the third...Hendricks then goes right at Horton ... that's the spot picking part, against a guy with a head injury...it wasn't because he denied Thornton AGAIN...not saying he isn't tough, or wouldn't be a good Bruin...but sorry, to have no problem with Hendricks fighting Horton after he didn't do anything illegal or cheap and had already turned him down twice is ridiculous IMO, and obviously the Bruins agree.

Last edited:

EastCoastNiner

Nov 21, 2008
He definitely spot picked/pussed out/was a coward when Thornton looked him right in the eye and Hendricks said no. When pressed and given the choice of McQuaid or Thornton, he picked the lesser fighter of the two.

I understand your argument there, but I disagree with it.

1. He ALREADY fought Horton earlier in the game. He has no need to oblige a fighter like Thornton.

2. Why should he have even obliged Thornton there? Can you give me one good reason that he should have dropped them with him after fighting earlier in the game? You'll rarely find a player that gets multiple fighting majors in the same game, especially with one of the fighters (in this scenario) being Thornton.

3. I don't think he chose McQuaid because he's the "lesser" of the two. I think he did it as a "f u" to Thornton there. I think if McQuaid and Thornton switched places in that scenario, Hendricks would have taken Thornton.

Do you consider Marchand a spot picker and coward? There's no player that stirs up more than he does that answers for it less. I don't think he is, but I'd have to assume you do based on your posts and reasoning.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

1. He ALREADY fought Horton earlier in the game. He has no need to oblige a fighter like Thornton.

2. Why should he have even obliged Thornton there? Can you give me one good reason that he should have dropped them with him after fighting earlier in the game? You'll rarely find a player that gets multiple fighting majors in the same game, especially with one of the fighters (in this scenario) being Thornton.

3. I don't think he chose McQuaid because he's the "lesser" of the two. I think he did it as a "f u" to Thornton there. I think if McQuaid and Thornton switched places in that scenario, Hendricks would have taken Thornton.

Do you consider Marchand a spot picker and coward? There's no player that stirs up more than he does that answers for it less. I don't think he is, but I'd have to assume you do based on your posts and reasoning.

:laugh:

EastCoastNiner

Nov 21, 2008

Care to elaborate where I'm wrong? He's a pot stirrer, which is fine, and has a grand total of four fights in his NHL career.

Who else stirs the pot near as much as him and doesn't answer for it? Ott? Hartnell? Torres?

They've all answered the bell more than Marchand in recent years.

I don't care that Marchand doesn't drop the gloves more, but you act like what I said was wrong or even close to being wrong is hilarious. Please, show me otherwise.

Would have loved to have seen them square off and have Horton clean his clock instead of the bull rush by Hendricks.

I agree. I think Horton would have held his own. When he throws bombs, they are huge.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Guys decline all the time there are some pretty well respected Bruins (current) who have been in situations where the fight invitation was declined. That is all this was. This player has been in more fights than probably 99% of people who have ever logged onto this board- goes to dirty areas and fought a guy with 4-5 inches and he's a puss Ana/or a coward

ytownhockey10

tornado of souls
Mar 8, 2010
in the salt
hendricks handled his fight with horton like a real richard... but i gotta say, he did today what i would expect the boys to do if the situation calls for it. slumping team, absent captain, dwindling hope for a playoff berth, key injuries, etc etc... he was the only guy in a white jersey worth watching today.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

1. That's the exact reason why Thornton wanted to fight him.

2. Because he was willing to press the issue of fighting against the Bruins top 6 winger with concussion issues. Thornton is doing his job. Instead of making excuses for Hendricks, cheer on Thornton for looking out for his teammates. It's frontier justice and a part of the culture here. The Bruins stick up for each other.

3. I don't think so. I think he was legitimately afraid to go with a pissed off Thornton. He's fought McQuaid before, but he hasn't gone with a fighter the status of Thornton and when asked to, he looked scared ****less.

4. Now you're trying to yet again compare two different things to make your argument fly, which it doesn't ( again ). Marchand is an agitator, 5'9, and 180 pounds soaking wet. He's not a fighter; he's a pest. Hendricks IS a fighter and has the size to back it up.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Marchand has been in the league 3 years and has 4 fights. He answers if he has too.

Your comparisons really do suck

Torres and Marchand :laugh:

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Care to elaborate where I'm wrong? He's a pot stirrer, which is fine, and has a grand total of four fights in his NHL career.

Who else stirs the pot near as much as him and doesn't answer for it? Ott? Hartnell? Torres?

They've all answered the bell more than Marchand in recent years.

I don't care that Marchand doesn't drop the gloves more, but you act like what I said was wrong or even close to being wrong is hilarious. Please, show me otherwise.

Marchand does not turtle like 2/3 of the rats in the game and for that your comment was so far off base, guys like Ott that turtle or hide behind refs, have you ever seen Marchand hide behind a ref in a scrum or run away to the bench or do anything close to turtleing?

Marchand is always in the scrums face washing, getting punched, he is not backing down, he is not turtleing the refs are there breaking things up its hard to fight with a ref inbetween you.

How many times does Marchand give a goalie a stick to a glove and then get face to face, Alot, how many times does the Dman have the intention of fighting, I'd wager its less than 10%, they want to get even or ahead with a face wash or two, how many Rats have 4 fights that have double career games than Marchand.

Your post was off base.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
My only point is that if he dropped them with Thornton right away, he wouldn't have been in the situation where he was surrounded.

It took 10-15 seconds after the puck drop for the play to evolve to the point where he was near both Thornton and McQuaid.

He told him no. Why should he drop them. Thornton dogged him. Hendricks was pretty much hunted by a pack of Bruins and said **** this I'm taking the one with the best chance and I'm going at them. Eat or be eaten. I really don't see the problem this is what

EastCoastNiner

Nov 21, 2008
1. That's the exact reason why Thornton wanted to fight him.

2. Because he was willing to press the issue of fighting against the Bruins top 6 winger with concussion issues. Thornton is doing his job. Instead of making excuses for Hendricks, cheer on Thornton for looking out for his teammates. It's frontier justice and a part of the culture here. The Bruins stick up for each other.

3. I don't think so. I think he was legitimately afraid to go with a pissed off Thornton. He's fought McQuaid before, but he hasn't gone with a fighter the status of Thornton and when asked to, he looked scared ****less.

4. Now you're trying to yet again compare two different things to make your argument fly, which it doesn't ( again ). Marchand is an agitator, 5'9, and 180 pounds soaking wet. He's not a fighter; he's a pest. Hendricks IS a fighter and has the size to back it up.

1. Poor reasoning. Thornton wanting to fight Henricks for fighting someone who can hold their own and initiates just as much as he receives.

2. Stop with the concussion excuse. He's been fine this entire season, INITIATES himself, and plays a physical game. If Horton doesn't want to drop the gloves either, don't play physical and don't go looking for a fight like he did earlier in the game in front of the Capitals crease.

3. Disagree.

4. No, you're just trying to make them seem completely different. Who cares if Hendricks is a "fighter" and Marchand isn't? Marchand is a **** disturber and does it quite often and effectively. Yet, since he's not a "fighter", he doesn't need to answer? If Marchand doesn't want to answer, then he shouldn't initiate, right? You're just coming up with some garbage excuses here.

This is almost as dumb as when 50% of the GDT posts are crying about officiating when the Bruins have continually been at the bottom of the league the past few seasons for minor penalties against and minor penalties for. It's always the Bruins being in the right and everyone else being in the wrong. It's a two way street. I really don't see how you can call Hendricks a spot picker, yet claim Marchand isn't just because he's small.:laugh:.

EastCoastNiner

Nov 21, 2008
Marchand has been in the league 3 years and has 4 fights. He answers if he has too.

Your comparisons really do suck

Torres and Marchand :laugh:

Strong answer is strong. I'd love to hear an actual answer from you.

Oh, and reading comprehension is not your strong suit obviously.

"They've all answered the bell more than Marchand in recent years.".

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Man, overly sensitive tonight or what? :laugh:

Horton declined Hendricks twice from what I saw (why do you think the Bruins were so pissed?)...Hendricks denied Thornton before the third...Hendricks then goes right at Horton ... that's the spot picking part, against a guy with a head injury...it wasn't because he denied Thornton AGAIN...not saying he isn't tough, or wouldn't be a good Bruin...but sorry, to have no problem with Hendricks fighting Horton after he didn't do anything illegal or cheap and had already turned him down twice is ridiculous IMO, and obviously the Bruins agree.

No u cheap shotted me

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad