Post-Game Talk: Bruins beat Caps 4 - 1!!!

EastCoastNiner

Nov 21, 2008
I wish Ovi would go back to Russia and stay there.
Are you sure you're not a Caps fan?

Why wouldn't you want to see a player with his talent play to his full potential? Did you not want to see Crosby regain his health and perform at the level he's performing at now? Sorry that I want to see the best players in the world perform at an elite level.

I like Ovechkin and don't care for Hendricks, but was commenting on the situation

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Why wouldn't you want to see a player with his talent play to his full potential? Did you not want to see Crosby regain his health and perform at the level he's performing at now? Sorry that I want to see the best players in the world perform at an elite level.

I like Ovechkin and don't care for Hendricks, but was commenting on the situation

There's a huge difference between hoping a player can come back from injury and hoping one can start to give a **** about the game again. Crosby overcame a serious injury. Ovi has to overcome his lack of heart.

thornton22

Mar 13, 2013
Boston
Gotta agree. Thornton is more technically sound and the punches would hurt but he will let up if he sees he has the upper hand. Mcquaid will keep going until they make him stop.

Have to agree too, plus Mcquaid has 3 inches on Thornton. But Hendricks got what was coming for him, not only did he get dropped twice, but he looked like a loser for not wanting to fight Thornton. And from the looks of it, Mcquaid hits harder than Thornton and like you said, he'll keep going until the refs break it up.

EastCoastNiner

Nov 21, 2008
There's a huge difference between hoping a player can come back from injury and hoping one can start to give a **** about the game again. Crosby overcame a serious injury. Ovi has to overcome his lack of heart.

The point I was making is that just because I don't think someone on an opposing team was in the wrong and that I also like a player on an opposing team, it doesn't make me a fan of that team.

I can't put my finger on Ovi though. Half the time it looks like he really does care, and half the time he's just doing absolutely nothing. It's crazy how his production can just drop like it has.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

I like Crosby, so yes I was glad to see him regain his health, and would love to see him in a Bruins uniform one day, but I never did like cheap shot, embellishing Ovechkin, and would never want to see him play for the Bruins, even though he has tremendous talent.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
The point I was making is that just because I don't think someone on an opposing team was in the wrong and that I also like a player on an opposing team, it doesn't make me a fan of that team.

I can't put my finger on Ovi though. Half the time it looks like he really does care, and half the time he's just doing absolutely nothing. It's crazy how his production can just drop like it has.

It's not just his production though. He refuses to play defence. He's lazy and really just looks to be collecting a hefty check and not much more

EastCoastNiner

Nov 21, 2008
Have to agree too, plus Mcquaid has 3 inches on Thornton. But Hendricks got what was coming for him, not only did he get dropped twice, but he looked like a loser for not wanting to fight Thornton. And from the looks of it, Mcquaid hits harder than Thornton and like you said, he'll keep going until the refs break it up.

Honestly, I think McQuaid is a scarier fighter to go up against if he's angry. Thornton is a veteran fighter that is fundamentally sound and can get the speed bag going, but he lacks power. McQuaid isn't going to be a technically sound or get the quick punches going, but he'll land some big shots that Thornton can't land. With that said, that probably leads to McQuaid losing a higher percentage of fights than Thornton, but probably ends up damaging his opponents a lot more than Thornton.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
bruins-fan-taunts-ribeiro-607x360.jpg

Love how things will come back at you if you behave like an ass. :laugh:

Thanks for posting this sooshii !

EastCoastNiner

Nov 21, 2008
I like Crosby, so yes I was glad to see him regain his health, and would love to see him in a Bruins uniform one day, but I never did like cheap shot, embellishing Ovechkin, and would never want to see him play for the Bruins, even though he has tremendous talent.

I think you're over exaggerating here. Are you saying you would not want an Ovechkin that puts up 50+ goals and 100+ points each season because he "cheap shots" and "embellishes", or do you just not want the Ovechkin we see now?

I understand if it's the Ovechkin playing now, but you'd be crazy to not take a prime Ovechkin regardless of his reckless play sometimes.

TJF

Feb 27, 2002
London, ON
Visit site
2. Stop with the concussion excuse. He's been fine this entire season, INITIATES himself, and plays a physical game. If Horton doesn't want to drop the gloves either, don't play physical and don't go looking for a fight like he did earlier in the game in front of the Capitals crease.

laugh:.

Brutal, do some research before you start writing garbage. Horton has the size but is far from a physical player, Ovechkin play a lot more physical than Horton with similar size. As for Horton being concussion free this season after 26 games, he was also concussion free last season after 46 games than one hit to the head and he missed the rest of the season. Not to mention that Horton was in the middle of a 3 point game, he shouldn't have to waste 5 minutes in the box fighting a bottom six forward during a game he was dominating. How many games has Ovie thrown hard hits, put up a lot of points and had to fight 4th liner...none.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I think you're over exaggerating here. Are you saying you would not want an Ovechkin that puts up 50+ goals and 100+ points each season because he "cheap shots" and "embellishes", or do you just not want the Ovechkin we see now?

I understand if it's the Ovechkin playing now, but you'd be crazy to not take a prime Ovechkin regardless of his reckless play sometimes.

I've been a Bruins fan since 1966, and to me Ovechkin does not fit the mold of a Bruin player, no matter how talented he is.
I think he is very selfish, and is not a team player, so call me crazy if you want, but I do not EVER want to see Ovi in a Bruins uniform...but I'll take Crosby in a heartbeat.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I've been a Bruins fan since 1966, and to me Ovechkin does not fit the mold of a Bruin player, no matter how talented he is.
I think he is very selfish, and is not a team player, so call me crazy if you want, but I do not EVER want to see Ovi in a Bruins uniform...but I'll take Crosby in a heartbeat.

Spot on. He is not a team player and very selfish.

No thanks.

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec

Respect.

EastCoastNiner

Nov 21, 2008
Spot on. He is not a team player and very selfish.

No thanks.

You wouldn't want him even if he was still his 50+ goal and 100+ point self? I'm not talking about him and his play now, but I'd sure as hell want him if he were how he was before these past few seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: