Post-Game Talk: Bruins beat Caps 4 - 1!!!

Schmautzie

Dave est magané
Jun 28, 2007
Greater Boston
The Caps stink and what's worse for them is that Ovechkin is now an overrated stiff with an albatross of a contract.

Adam Oates is a goner.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
2nd straight 4-1 win, but a much better effort today than against the Panthers.

Same score but definitely a night and day difference in quality of play by the Bruins.

If the Bruins had played like this against the Panthers, it would have been a blowout from the beginning.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
There is no defending Hendricks today, and thank god we won't trade for him (hopefully). He belongs on the Habs or Canucks, maybe Sabres or Leafs if he is lucky.

I don't really have much of a problem with him today. He'd been trying to get Horton to go all game and kept getting lead on, then nothing. He forced the issue then when forced to answer the bell, went with mcquaid (though his duck out if Thornton was comical).

Hope they keep the anger up through tomorrow and don't suffer a hangover. The caps aren't a good team. The pens are a great team.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Most complete game I've seen the B's play all year. It was very refreshing watching the team we know we have.

Save By Thomas

Jive Turkey
Nov 12, 2011
The armpit of California
Ovechkin is useless.

3443688152_0acddab25c.jpg

:laugh: :laugh:

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Stars were:

Horton
Khodobin
Lucic

I can take that.

Khodobin really would have had a shutout if not for Krejci's terrible pass in front of the goal.

Hope that first line shows up tomorrow.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Virtual shutout for Dobby. Made it look easy.

Deserved one against the pens, too. Very, very impressed w/ him. I wish we could keep him.

LKH goes as Looch goes. Big game for him, and that line. Looch just has to keep shooting and it will go in. Need to do it again tomorrow.

Glad they proved who the better team is.

Hate matinees.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
It's crazy how much of a non-factor Ovi is. You have to wonder if he will ever pull it back together and become a force on the ice.

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
Most complete game I've seen the B's play all year. It was very refreshing watching the team we know we have.

:nod: Yep. I don't understand why they can't play this way more often. Play the whole game, not 20, 40 but 60 minutes full speed. Were having a great season no doubt, but it is a joy to watch them play when they play this way.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
I don't really have much of a problem with him today. He'd been trying to get Horton to go all game and kept getting lead on, then nothing. He forced the issue then when forced to answer the bell, went with mcquaid (though his duck out if Thornton was comical).

Hope they keep the anger up through tomorrow and don't suffer a hangover. The caps aren't a good team. The pens are a great team.

Fair enough.

I agree, Pens are going to be a tough matchup. I hope the Bruins show up and don't get dominated like our last game against the Pens.

EastCoastNiner

Nov 21, 2008
Great game, and it was great to see the LKH line really step up today.

I had no problem with Henricks today. Some people here need to take off their black and gold glasses once in a while.

He fought Horton who he was going at it with the entire game. You can't expect him to drop his gloves twice. He didn't "duck" Thornton either when Thornton went over to him. He ended up going with McQuaid, so the entire "ducking" Thornton to go with a stronger fighter in McQuaid is just garbage. The attitude here would be the complete opposite if Lucic "ducked" a fight.

Great game, but this board is just delusional half the time.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
It's crazy how much of a non-factor Ovi is. You have to wonder if he will ever pull it back together and become a force on the ice.

He needs to start to care about his team getting scored on first. He just doesn't seem to give a **** anymore.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston

It is. The guy is capable of 50. People were comparing him to Crosby a few years ago. Now it isn't even close.

In his defense, he adjusted to a totally defensive system last year. Now has Oates come back in and change it up again. There's no excuse for how bad he is, but that certainly can't be easy. Pretty clear they aren't buying in as a group. Which is also making the C on his chest very questionable right now.

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org

It could be a number of things, but he just doesn't look himself at all. I remember when everywhere you looked it was Ove Vs Crosby. That debate is over in my opinion. Crosby is the best player in this league.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00