Post-Game Talk: Bruins beat Caps 4 - 1!!!

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
The point I was making is that just because I don't think someone on an opposing team was in the wrong and that I also like a player on an opposing team, it doesn't make me a fan of that team.

I can't put my finger on Ovi though. Half the time it looks like he really does care, and half the time he's just doing absolutely nothing. It's crazy how his production can just drop like it has.

I think it's poor coaching. Ovie has lots of talent but he has gotten by on talent without having to put in the full effort. I also think his coaches haven't held him accountable. Not sure how he would have responded to a coach like Julien, but I am positive he would play with some defensive awareness if he did. However I suspect Ovie would drive Julien nuts.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
You wouldn't want him even if he was still his 50+ goal and 100+ point self? I'm not talking about him and his play now, but I'd sure as hell want him if he were how he was before these past few seasons.

I get the feeling he is a me..me...me type player and if that is true he would not be a good fit on a team like the B's. He would not be good for the chemistry.

IMHO he is in the decline as a player and part of that is his attitude.

I know he is a good player but I don't think the B's are looking for a player who would
not be a part of the team. I really feel the B's are a unit and all understand that...I think that is why they won the cup in 2011.

EastCoastNiner

Nov 21, 2008
I think it's poor coaching. Ovie has lots of talent but he has gotten by on talent without having to put in the full effort. I also think his coaches haven't held him accountable. Not sure how he would have responded to a coach like Julien, but I am positive he would play with some defensive awareness if he did. However I suspect Ovie would drive Julien nuts.

I want to say it's poor coaching as he's been one of my favorite players since he entered the league, but it's been like this for 2-3 seasons now (Ovechkin standards), and he's had multiple coaches and just hasn't been producing like he can.

I think it has to come from him, but he also could use some better line mates.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Funny, but doesn't Joe Thornton have a "plate in his face" from Eric Lindros?

He's still playing without a shield and dropping the gloves when need be. His fight with Jamie Benn was excellent.

Emelin is a joke. I don't except his or habs fans excuse for his cowardly play.

Bergeron plays like a player who had a major injury. He doesn't even plant guys anymore like he did from 2003-07. He makes sure not to raise ire, all while playing hard. Emelin doesn't do that, and he can suffer the consequences. Horton didn't do that today and it wasn't too smart.

True, he does. He gobbled all of that uppercut.

Want nothing to do w/ a Horton that's going to drop the gloves going forward. I know he disappeared a lot before getting hurt. But some of the stuff you see w/ him tells me he's still waiting for all the cylinders to be firing in regard to his coordination.

People say Bergy is back to what he was before he got hurt. I don't think so. It took something out of him. His hands sometimes. He even had a fair one-timer back then, something we rarely see from him anymore. His decisions seemed so much quicker, or perhaps it was his anticipation. Hard to put your finger on it. Most especially, as you say, those hits. Even when he was 18, guys would put the body on him going into a corner, and he'd send them flying by exploding into them. When he lined someone up, he destroyed them. Seriously, is there any team that's suffered more than us when it's come to injuries resulting from dirty hits? It's infuriating to have to listen to the whining. As if they didn't have good reason, if not pure necessity, to harden the **** up and beat the bag out of people.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Hendricks got there a little quick, but Horton saw him coming. No punch was thrown until both had their gloves off though. Hopefully this gets that line going for the rest of the regular season and playoffs.

I guess it went down pretty much as I remember it. Hendricks got in quick, started to lose his balance and immediately used his weight to take down Horton in the process. Still a little punkish IMO, but he gets the benefit of the doubt given the fact that he also went with McQuaid later in the game.

Horton can handle himself. He doesn't need others to fight his battles. I'd have to think there was something going on between whistles with Hendricks and the Bruins bench.

EastCoastNiner

Nov 21, 2008
I get the feeling he is a me..me...me type player and if that is true he would not be a good fit on a team like the B's. He would not be good for the chemistry.

IMHO he is in the decline as a player and part of that is his attitude.

I know he is a good player but I don't think the B's are looking for a player who would
not be a part of the team. I really feel the B's are a unit and all understabd that...I think that is why they won the cup in 2011.

I'd take a prime Ovechkin here n a heartbeat, and I think he could succeed here now as well. I'm not saying I'd like to see the Bruins trade for him, but if you could just place Ovechkin on this team without moving any parts, I think the team would be even better.

Yes, he has been poor in his own zone the past few seasons, but I think he'd tighten it up here with the veteran leadership. In addition to that, I think he'd still be able to take chances knowing that Chara and Rask will be back there often to make-up for some poor decisions.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
The first replay showed it quite clearly although Lucic got his stick on the defenders maybe messing up the clearing attempt but it was certainly not a pass. The announcers however did continuously say it was a beauty pass when it wasn't

Exactly! I bet if this game was on NBCSN they would have been all over that about it not being Lucic's assist.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
I'd take a prime Ovechkin here n a heartbeat, and I think he could succeed here now as well. I'm not saying I'd like to see the Bruins trade for him, but if you could just place Ovechkin on this team without moving any parts, I think the team would be even better.

Yes, he has been poor in his own zone the past few seasons, but I think he'd tighten it up here with the veteran leadership. In addition to that, I think he'd still be able to take chances knowing that Chara and Rask will be back there often to make-up for some poor decisions.

But he isn't "prime Ovechkin". Hasn't been for a couple years. Might as well pine for a "prime Orr" or a Neely. Right now, IMO Ovechkin would be the 5-6th best B, behind Chara, MBS and Rask. Maybe even Krejci. And he makes about a billion dollars. And he's signed for 30 years.

EastCoastNiner

Nov 21, 2008
But he isn't "prime Ovechkin". Hasn't been for a couple years. Might as well pine for a "prime Orr" or a Neely. Right now, IMO Ovechkin would be the 5-6th best B, behind Chara, MBS and Rask. Maybe even Krejci. And he makes about a billion dollars. And he's signed for 30 years.

That conversation wasn't about wanting Ovechkin now. It was about the poster saying he wouldn't ever want Ovechkin on the Bruins even if he was performing at that level. That's why I asked again if he was performing like that, if he'd really say no to him. Of course he's not at that level right now.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I want to say it's poor coaching as he's been one of my favorite players since he entered the league, but it's been like this for 2-3 seasons now (Ovechkin standards), and he's had multiple coaches and just hasn't been producing like he can.

I think it has to come from him, but he also could use some better line mates.

I have the exact opposite view of Ovechkin than you do.
I never liked Ovi since his rookie season in the NHL.
He undoubtedly has tons of talent, but also has a big ego, is arrogant, selfish, lazy, and lacks heart.
Those are not the things that make a good Bruins player.
I personally would not want him to play for Boston...ever!

EastCoastNiner

Nov 21, 2008
He undoubtedly has tons of talent, but also has a big ego, is arrogant, selfish, lazy, and lacks heart.

That's your opinion, and that's fine. I was just clarifying what the discussion was about, as I was not just talking about wanting Ovechkin in his current form.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
That's your opinion, and that's fine. I was just clarifying what the discussion was about, as I was not just talking about wanting Ovechkin in his current form.

I knew what point you were trying to make, but I honestly never cared for Ovechkin, and I actually think he was/is over rated, and I would take Crosby over Ovi any day of the week... I'd usually take a Canadian forward over most Russian forwards anyway.

Call me crazy, but I would have took Messier instead of Gretzky in their primes. Messier was a tough two way player, compared to blue-liner Gretzky, and was deadly in the play-offs.

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
Karl Alzner creeping up the ********** list slow and steady. That little video of him calling it a "joke" should be bulletin board material for the last game between these two. Make him answer for his ********. And Jason Chimera too. Can someone pound that douchewhistle before this season is over, please?

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Karl Alzner creeping up the ********** list slow and steady. That little video of him calling it a "joke" should be bulletin board material for the last game between these two. Make him answer for his ********. And Jason Chimera too. Can someone pound that douchewhistle before this season is over, please?

He is a little *****, what do you expect?!

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
haha bashing Ovie.Yea bad year for him stats wise.But let be honest here.He were a Bruin he would easily be the most dangerous guy on team.Do not want the salary though:)

Root

Feb 22, 2010
missed the game today, family stuff. watching Bruins in two right now. the way Jack is complimenting hendricks makes me think maybe he knows the Bruins might look into this guy at the deadline, like others have mentioned here, and is pimping him to the fans or whatever. just an observation...

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Refs Save Me!!!!!!

67027_10200324315143052_1921752203_n.jpg

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011

I agree with these things.

Ego isn't as bit a deal-a lot of good players-team players even have egos (I don't particularly find Crosby all that humble and Kane has always given me the "has an ego" vibe but both work their tails off and know how to be team players), but Ovie IMO isn't a very good team player and I don't particularly see much work ethic.

Ovie is happy to use the talents that come easy to him or that he finds fun (Ovie does like to hit and is game for taking hits) but he won't do the little things. Does Ovie even bother to play defense? Sometimes he goes through the motions, but generally he just floats around waiting for his teammates to win the puck.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

and he`d never accept not being given carte blanche in regards to playing in only 1/3 of the rink. He`s a shell of what he was, and he doesn`t have the will to want to be a complete player. His only move has long been exposed, and he`s failed to put another one in his arsenal whereas Crosby just adds to his

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I love rock em sock em hockey. Please beat the crap out of Matt Cooke today to complete this nice weekend.

Unless it`s a challenge from Marchand, can`t see Cooke dropping the mitts with any Bruin plus, as much as I`d be more than welcoming to ANYONE in this league finishing the guy, the incident which affected our team most happened 2 years ago, and if the B`s are out for revenge still, there`s a problem. Just beat the Pens, Cooke isn`t fit to take any Bruins players garbage out let alone trying to entice him to drop the mitts with

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad